[Official] Doctor Who Thread

another point about the "movie", who own the rights to Dr Who.... I would have thought the BBC (Rappy I'm sure you know), so RTD can't make a movie without their say so can he?

Huh, replace who? Matt Smith? I thought he was locked in for 4 or 5 series?

I heard he's signed in up till 2012 at least

Huh, replace who? Matt Smith? I thought he was locked in for 4 or 5 series?

I heard he's signed in up till 2012 at least

well the bookies are taking odds on him leaving which can't be a good sign...maybe its over this film business RTD is thinking up

well the bookies are taking odds on him leaving which can't be a good sign...maybe its over this film business RTD is thinking up

He better not leave. We simply won't have it.

Can't wait for Matt Smith to leave. Don't care for his style of Doctor one bit. Many I've talked with also agree that he flat out sucks, too boring and not as full of life (like Tennant) or intriguing (Eccleson) as his predecessors.

How is Matt not good... I love him as the Doctor... At first I thought he would do bad, but after seeing just the first episode I found him awesome. I like him better than Christopher in Series 1 and just more funnier and awesomer than David T. I mean he's funny... Loved the hitting himself stuff and Fish Custard on Ep 1 and that. And just does stupid things,funny phrases etc... Can't wait for the next series with him in.

Call me old-fashioned but I like Tom Baker the most. :p

By the way, is there a chance that the Rani is coming back? She wasn't involved in the Time War so she must be alive somewhere. Don't forget Romana, who chose to stay in the void to help a civilisation there. All in all, the Doctor isn't exactly the last of his kind.

Also, where are the Time Guardians? They were best known for playing games with mortals. The Red Guardian was once rumoured to be the Doctor himself. The new BBC team need to bring back these important characters!

Moffat or nothing. **** RTD. I watched an old episode of Doctor Who and it seriously looked lacking compared to what we've been able to see in Series 5. He was never up to par.

Can't wait for Matt Smith to leave. Don't care for his style of Doctor one bit. Many I've talked with also agree that he flat out sucks, too boring and not as full of life (like Tennant) or intriguing (Eccleson) as his predecessors.

:no:

watched Tennant the other day and realised just how poor he was and Eccleston well he was a new thing to the reimagined series so people always look at him as the start but he was also not very good.

:no:

watched Tennant the other day and realised just how poor he was and Eccleston well he was a new thing to the reimagined series so people always look at him as the start but he was also not very good.

Tennant? Poor?

Wow! Can't say I'd use those two words together, he was a fantastic doctor. I'll say this however... I thought Smith would be shocking, I was wrong, he's been decent however nowhere near Tennants level IMO. Each to their own though... :)

• Like 1

Tennant? Poor?

Wow! Can't say I'd use those two words together, he was a fantastic doctor. I'll say this however... I thought Smith would be shocking, I was wrong, he's been decent however nowhere near Tennants level IMO. Each to their own though... :)

yeah I liked him at the beginning but after a series he started to grate on my nerves which at times made me stop watching Doctor Who, so much so I only tuned into the second part of last years christmas special just to see Matt Smith arrive...but as I bolded there we are all entitled to an opinion and that's just awesome boring if we all agreed! :)

I actually thought he was funny-- with the food tasting... or shall I say the yuk fest...

Though this was my Doctor growing up...

200px-Fifth_Doctor.jpg

The man who wore a vegetable....

Followed by the man who wore a cat...

But granted -- The latest one still takes some getting used to...

I have also been watching a collection of the First Doctor-- and talk about totally different -- Just too bad however-- most of the Second Doctor episodes are missing..

I am in the US so it takes a while for me to see the latest ones.

I thought RTD was just the same as Moffat. Their scripts were too geocentric.

One of the reasons why I was hooked by the Doctor Who series was due to his journey across the stars, like literally seeing new worlds everywhere he went and exploring new dimensions like G-Space, where Romana decided to stay, or encountering otherworldly creatures like the Eternals, Time Guardians, Great Vampires, etc. This is why Tom Baker's era were quite possibly the best and I hardly think the revived series can compare.

I think I'm going to email this to the BBC. It's been sitting with me for the last 5 new seasons. lol

Johnny Depp will not star in a movie version of "Doctor Who". In contrary to report which mentions that the actor has been cast as the main character in the upcoming project, BBC has told io9 that there are "no plans" to make the big screen adaptation of the British TV series and any talk surrounding it is "pure speculation".

Words that "Doctor Who" will be made into movie first sparked after former showrunner Russell T. Davies allegedly said he was in the process of developing the film project and promised that the Daleks would make an appearance. The article, however, was later removed from PubArticles which published the story. Later, movie studio sources confirmed to Tor.com that the project existed and Depp was cast as the Doctor.

woot! :cool:

Johnny Depp will not star in a movie version of "Doctor Who". In contrary to report which mentions that the actor has been cast as the main character in the upcoming project, BBC has told io9 that there are "no plans" to make the big screen adaptation of the British TV series and any talk surrounding it is "pure speculation".

Words that "Doctor Who" will be made into movie first sparked after former showrunner Russell T. Davies allegedly said he was in the process of developing the film project and promised that the Daleks would make an appearance. The article, however, was later removed from PubArticles which published the story. Later, movie studio sources confirmed to Tor.com that the project existed and Depp was cast as the Doctor.

Good!

I would prefer RTD to not go near Doctor Who again given the choice, lol.

Thank goodness for that!!

The only thing that worries me now is that I bought the BluRay with eps 1-3 of and i've got a nagging feeling that they'll release an amazing boxset at Christmas with all the Confidentials on :wacko:

Too bad. It would have been great.

Not if RTD had anything to do with it ;)

Would be nice to see a Who film with a huge budget and have Matt and Karen tootling round the universe though......

Barbara Kidd, who worked as a costume designer on Doctor Who episodes starring John Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison, is set to return to the series later this year for the Christmas special then for the 2011 season, Gallifrey News Base reports.

"Barbara Kidd worked on the series at the start of her career, creating costumes as early as the 1973 Jon Pertwee story 'Frontier in Space'. She was a regular on the series throughout the mid seventies working on 'The Green Death', 'Invasion of the Dinosaurs', and 'The Monster of Peladon' before moving on to a new Doctor in the guise of Tom Baker for 'The Ark in Space', 'The Sontaran Experiment', 'Genesis of the Daleks', and 'Pyramids of Mars'. Her final contribution was for the Peter Davison story 'Kinda'."

Current showrunner Steven Moffat has planted several nods to the classic Doctors onscreen such as a TARDIS exterior resembling that of the First Doctor, Gallifreyan text in the episode "The Time of Angels" similar to the text at the end of "The Five Doctors" (and even a direct quotation regarding it echoing the words of the Second Doctor from the episode), and frequent cameos in the form of old footage of the classic Doctors appearing throughout the latest season.

Current showrunner Steven Moffat has planted several nods to the classic Doctors onscreen such as a TARDIS exterior resembling that of the First Doctor, Gallifreyan text in the episode "The Time of Angels" similar to the text at the end of "The Five Doctors" (and even a direct quotation regarding it echoing the words of the Second Doctor from the episode), and frequent cameos in the form of old footage of the classic Doctors appearing throughout the latest season.

I really hope Moffat's up to something.

I really want to see a 3 doctor's one...

With 9th,10th and 11th in it... Would be cool to see them all meet up.

Maybe have Rose, Donna/Martha and Amy :rofl: