[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I really want to see a 3 doctor's one...

With 9th,10th and 11th in it... Would be cool to see them all meet up.

Maybe have Rose, Donna/Martha and Amy :rofl:

Martha and Amy on the screen at once! :woot:

• 2 weeks later...

"Father Who"

Production starts today (Monday 12 July) on the 2010 Doctor Who BBC One Christmas Special in which the thrilling adventures of the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) and newlyweds Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) will continue in a fun-filled and heartfelt festive story.

In the grand tradition of Doctor Who Christmas specials, this year the show has once again attracted stellar guest stars as veteran actor Michael Gambon (Harry Potter, The Singing Detective) and opera diva Katherine Jenkins, in her first acting role, join the Time Lord for what might be his most Christmassy adventure yet!

Arriving on set for her first day of filming, Katherine Jenkins said: "I'm over the moon to be involved in the Doctor Who Christmas Special ? I can't quite believe it as it's a part of the family tradition at the Jenkins household. I heard the news that I got the role on my 30th birthday and it was the best birthday present ever!"

About the series, lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, commented: "Oh, we're going for broke with this one. It's all your favourite Christmas movies at once, in an hour, with monsters and the Doctor and a honeymoon and ? oh, you'll see. I've honestly never been so excited about writing anything. I was laughing madly as I typed along to Christmas songs in April. My neighbours loved it so much they all moved away and set up a website demanding my execution. But I'm fairly sure they did it ironically."

The Christmas special follows on from Matt Smith's first series as The Doctor, which attracted huge critical acclaim for Smith, his companion, Gillan, and lead writer Moffat, from press and legions of fans alike.

Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning, said: "Matt Smith and Karen Gillan captivated audiences in their debut series and Doctor Who's clever twist on the much loved A Christmas Carol will thrill BBC One viewers this year with special guest stars Sir Michael Gambon and singing sensation Katherine Jenkins joining Amy and the Doctor for an unforgettable present!"

The series was co-commissioned by Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning for BBC One, and Jay Hunt, Controller of BBC One. Steven Moffat is lead writer and executive producer with Piers Wenger and Beth Willis also executive producing.

Filming on the Christmas special will continue until August 2010.

Matt Smith to quit 'Who' next year?

Matt Smith reportedly plans to quit Doctor Who next year.

The actor, who is currently filming the show's Christmas special, hopes to crack Hollywood by landing more movie roles, reports The Sun.

"Matt plans to quit after the next series," a friend told the paper.

"He is eager to try new things and thinks Hollywood beckons."

Production on the next series will begin when filming of the special is completed.

A BBC spokesperson added: "Matt is filming the Christmas special and then goes on to film the second series. Beyond that, the BBC and Matt won't speculate on things."

Smith will also star as Christopher Isherwood in BBC2 drama Christopher And His Kind later this year.

The actor recently told DS that he loved playing the Doctor and did not want "to give it up any time soon", quipping that he could continue in the role for "50 million years".

Source: Digitalspy

Oh dear, hes only just become the new Doctor and hes thinking of leaving already?

BBC are really breezing through these regenerations he will be at his final regeneration soon.

Source: Digitalspy

Oh dear, hes only just become the new Doctor and hes thinking of leaving already?

BBC are really breezing through these regenerations he will be at his final regeneration soon.

I don't trust that with a grain of salt with the "A Friend Said"..

That's as reliable as a friend of a friend who said...

Seriously.

I don't trust that with a grain of salt with the "A Friend Said"..

That's as reliable as a friend of a friend who said...

Seriously.

A BBC spokesperson added: "Matt is filming the Christmas special and then goes on to film the second series. Beyond that, the BBC and Matt won't speculate on things."

When he signed on im pretty sure they said he was gonna be here for 4-5 years, now the BBC are saying they wont comment on wether hes staying or going after 2 years?

Yes he might be going already? :) So much for the possibility we might be lumbered with him for five years.

get ready to bitch then about his replacement :p

they should really just end Doctor Who after this Doctor anyway rather then keep changing...its getting kinda stupid.

get ready to bitch then about his replacement :p

they should really just end Doctor Who after this Doctor anyway rather then keep changing...its getting kinda stupid.

No we can't let Doctor Who end just because of one failed Doctor.

Bring David Tennant back, could have used the crack in time to reset back, other than Peter Davidson, Tennant is my favourite recent doctor.

No we can't let Doctor Who end just because of one failed Doctor.

in your opinion

everyone has their favourites but I really wouldn't say he failed

I like the setup for Amy's character better than previous companions from the Doctor.. being a little girl that the Doctor once visited and promised to return to.. not just some working girl the Doctor happened to pick up off the street.

Also, people have commented on how unfazed she is by danger.. but I think of her as the little girl that's grown up, she was kind of fearless when she was young and met the doctor and at that time she saw all sorts of weird things, and grew up knowing there were weird things going on around her. She's still that child at heart.

Bring David Tennant back, could have used the crack in time to reset back, other than Peter Davidson, Tennant is my favourite recent doctor.

The problem with that is, David Tennant doesn't want to come back. He left on his own terms, not because they didn't want him to do the part anymore. I'm pretty sure Moffat would have loved to continue Tennant's version of the Doctor if he could. Tennant might show up for a special or even a series finale or something, but he's not coming back full time ever.

in your opinion

everyone has their favourites but I really wouldn't say he failed

He didn't fail. Matt Smith has been terrific thus far, color me impressed. His zany, manic way of going about things really pulled me into his version of the Doctor. Plus the constant reminders of how old he really is and the stuff he's been through kept him grounded throughout the series (especially in Amy's Choice).

The one problem I have with Matt Smith's Doctor is his complete change in character. The Doctor had become wise, but Matt's character is the complete reverse. The character Matt plays should belong to a timelord who has just experienced his first regeneration and all the new opportune that come with it.

Matt Smith and Toby Jones (aka The Dreamlord) are reunited in new BBC drama, Christopher And His Kind, coming soon to BBC2. Smith plays writer Christopher Isherwood in the film that chronicles his formative years in Thirties Berlin. It also features other Doctor Who actress Lindsay Duncan (Adelaide in The Waters of Mars).

TktYql.jpg

:shifty:

Well if you can remember from the past episodes.... He would be kind of out of it- after all didn't he get split to create the 1/2 human him. Season 4 episode 12/13. That to me would explain his strange new zany side ... Anyone know the date of the next episode by any chance?

I am actually waiting on finding out who River Song is to the Doctor.

I just wish we could have image's as well... Won't be aired until September on BBC Three. :)

"Who's got the Pandorica? Me!"

But who went in the Pandorica... You! :p