[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I still don't understand why people drool over her.

I used to think she was hot when she was in the Kevin Bishop Show but as Amy Pond Im so put off. Hope series 2 is her last in Dr Who, I love Karen and I love Dr Who but omg I hate Amy Pond.

Aww. They are doing one of those Doctor clips like they did before a few years back... It sucks not being able to see it :(

After Matt Smith's first year in the titular role of Doctor Who (a very good one at that, in my opinion), there were rumors that, like Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston, he might be leaving the show just a series after he started. Various reasons were given, including Smith's desire to move to America and focus on films, or that ratings for "The Big Bang," were bad enough to send him packing.

Steven Moffat, Doctor Who's current showrunner, has dismissed those rumors. The question of a regeneration was posed to him by BBC News after Benedict Cumberbatch, the star of Moffat's miniseries Sherlock, didn't deny an inquiry of whether or not he would be the Doctor in his upcoming recurring role in the series. "Maybe," Cumberbatch replied simply, and the rumor mill began to churn.

Moffat has decided to put a stop to the rumors of Cumberbatch ? or anyone ? replacing Smith. "There is no vacancy," Moffat stated, putting at ease the minds of Smith fans everywhere. "Matt Smith is the Doctor and he's been an astonishing success and ? who knows ? maybe he'll never regenerate again."

Read more at: TVOvermind

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/doctor-who-no-more-regenerations.html#ixzz0ue61YRCf

Hasnt Smith signed on for 5 years anyway? i'm sure i read somewhere that Moffat had a trilogy of seasons planned telling an overall story.

Didn't realise The Big Bang did badly in the ratings though; I know over here in Oz it was well received (at least by my friends).

Hasnt Smith signed on for 5 years anyway? i'm sure i read somewhere that Moffat had a trilogy of seasons planned telling an overall story.

Didn't realise The Big Bang did badly in the ratings though; I know over here in Oz it was well received (at least by my friends).

It wasn't that The Big Bang did bad in the ratings, it just was't as high as previous episodes. It was still the #6 most watched show in the UK for the week I believe. Also, the episode has an appreication index rating of like 89% or something which is the highest of series 5 in fact.

Success? Clearly he has a different definition of success? And never regenerating again? Don't expect most fans back then.

I think Moffat was pulling the chain on that one. :)

Success? Clearly he has a different definition of success? And never regenerating again? Don't expect most fans back then.

I'm pretty sure his definition of success is correct. :p

And all the "fans" I know never went anywhere in the first place.

Moffat has decided to put a stop to the rumors of Cumberbatch ? or anyone ? replacing Smith. "There is no vacancy," Moffat stated, putting at ease the minds of Smith fans everywhere. "Matt Smith is the Doctor and he's been an astonishing success and ? who knows ? maybe he'll never regenerate again."

Good. I am a Matt Smith fan. He will only get better as time goes on. He was brilliant for a first year Doctor, especially replacing one as popular as DT.

It was just the Big Bang episode, compared to David Tennant's last series the ratings for this series have been much lower throughout the whole series.

I have seen the limited edition box on amazon. Seems a bit expensive. It's cheaper to get all 13 episodes off iTunes. iTunes = ?25. The DVD collection = ?50.

Anyway, I found the Prom Video on YouTube. Got to say Matt Smith's live acting is awesome. He seemed out of breath but kept going! Awesome, and I loved the bit where he goes "Matt Smith, what a dull name" :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it is...everything got "simpsonized" at some time :rofl:

thanks goodness for that, if that was real it be another new low for Doctor Who under Matt Smith.

Remembering seeing that in The Sun, they said Doctor Who would appear on the Simpsons...

Doctor Who on the Simpsons... I would just love to see that! :laugh:

I think they should also put Matt in Family Guy. The Doctor and Peter would surely be a laugh!. Something good, not just a cameo from the Tom Baker opening in "Blue Harvest". Which I still found funny though.

Doctor Who on the Simpsons... I would just love to see that! :laugh:

I think they should also put Matt in Family Guy. The Doctor and Peter would surely be a laugh!. Something good, not just a cameo from the Tom Baker opening in "Blue Harvest". Which I still found funny though.

yeah same! :D