[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I just found some awesome posters for the UK people here on Play.com! Just go search for " Doctor Who Posters "

But I am ordering these two :D

Time Crack <--- This is just going to be awesome on my wall!

16040027x.jpg

Down the Rabbit Hole Trailer Vortex

14348776x.jpg

?7 plus free delivery for those two I think is a good deal! I would have got the Dalek one but I was only allowed two. But may get the other's if I get some money.

675822724.jpg

Details have been announced for third installment of The Adventure Games, read below (click on the pic above for a bigger, juicier version):

Executive produced by Steven Moffat, and written by James Moran (Torchwood, Doctor Who), this third installment of the four-part series is called TARDIS ? and will, for the first time, offer fans the opportunity to fly the blue box which is bigger on the inside.

?TARDIS is a brilliant, brilliant adventure? says Steven Moffat. ?It?s funny, touching, terrifying, amazing ? everything a Doctor Who episode should be. Since 1963, kids have wondered what it would be like to control the TARDIS. Now we're handing complete control of the most powerful ship in all of space and time to a generation of children. Everybody duck!"

With the TARDIS stuck in a riptide, and the Doctor sucked into space, Amy Pond must explore the secrets of the time machine in order to restore normality. The adventure will uncover the secrets of the TARDIS, unveil two brand new monsters ? and allow players to pilot the TARDIS themselves.

James Moran?s madcap script takes players on a frantic, funny and altogether surprising adventure which could only be told by a Doctor Who story. With full virtual likenesses of Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, and music from Murray Gold, this adventure is as much a part of the Doctor Who legend as the TV series.

TARDIS will be available simultaneously on PC and Mac from the Doctor Who website on August 27

It annoys me they only have Episode 1 on Blu-ray (Amazon). sad.gif

Do you mean in stock?

Because I can see the complete season for pre-order and the first 3 volumes too.

Or are you not in the UK?

Doctor Who is to get a video game release on two Nintendo games systems. Return To Earth, for the Wii, and Evacuation Earth, for the DS, are both due for release late October/early November (Amazon states Oct 29, Play says Nov 19). Plans also include launching a remote control unit and stylus shaped like a sonic screwdriver. The title is produced by Asylum Entertainment and will also be released in Australia and Europe. Included here is the cover art and synopses for the games.

860294319.jpg

Evacuation Earth

The Doctor and Amy arrive at the Lake District to watch the humans leave the planet. Suddenly the TARDIS gets lifted from them and bolted onto the evacuation ship. They have to make their way onto the ship before it leaves As the ship launches it has technical problems and they realise the Silurians have built a ship underneath. The Doctor finds a solution to make the ship work

Suddenly the Dalek ship smashes into the human one and splits the Silurian half off. It’s the Dalek ship that chased the Time Axis into the sun – they weren’t destroyed, they actually made a random jump several hundred years into the past

The Daleks are pleased that they can exact revenge on the Doctor but first they make him fix their ship. The Doctor goes along with their plan but tricks them into bolting the TARDIS onto their ship, which he promptly jumps into and uses to fling them into the nearest black hole.

122454996.jpg

Return To Earth

The Doctor and Amy help the SS Lucy Gray to return home to Earth, unravelling a Cyber Plot and preventing the Daleks from retrieving a lost Time Axis along the way. The Doctor and Amy arrive on a human colony ship returning to Earth after it was rendered uninhabitable by solar flares. Without provocation they are attacked by the ship’s maintenance robots and become separated in the struggle.

The Doctor is eventually led to the ship’s Head Quarters, where he discovers a Cyber Leader has connected himself to the ships AI and is blackmailing it into doing his bidding, or else he’ll kill the crew. Meanwhile the Cybermen that were hiding in the ship ambush Amy and chase her out into space.

Guide the Doctor and Amy as they face their biggest adventure yet!

No info on any of that yet :(

But on a different note, Doctor Who console games :)

Doctor Who - Return To Earth (Wii) - £29.99

16096655x.jpg

Doctor Who - Evacuation Earth (DS) - £24.99/£29.99

16096792x.jpg]

Game Descriptions

No real confirmed date for release, with retailers giving different dates. But we know it will be out October/November. You can find it on Amazon,GAME and other UK sites too. No idea of a US release. But can't wait! I'll likely get the Wii Version first, then the DS version at a later date.

EDIT - Beat to it :huh: But I'll likely be getting the Screwdriver stylus, if not for the game. Just for awesomeness.

Matt Smith will continue to star in Doctor Who until the show's 50th anniversary in 2013, according to reports.

The Daily Express claims that BBC bosses are keen to hold on to the actor for as long as possible.

A source allegedly said: "The current team believe that Matt is the person to continue taking the show forward over the next few years and want to avoid the prospect of fans having to get used to yet another actor in the role in the near future."

The insider is also said to have confirmed that Smith has no plans to leave the role.

"Matt has made it clear he's keen to commit himself to the series for the long-term," they claimed.

However, a BBC spokeswoman apparently denied that casting had been finalised so far in advance.

"From Matt?s point of view he's loving playing the part and has no plans to quit," she confirmed. [However], we aren?t in a position to provide a comment as to whether he'll be playing the part in 2013."

Smith will reprise the role in the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special.

Yey! Matt is an awesome Doctor. He has already beat the length the 9th stayed for. If he beats the 10th, then he is awesome. I personally think we should try and get a 5 year minimum (Just look the old doctor who). Plus they likely are holding on, as they only have 2 more doctors left after this (13 Lives). Unless they come up with a way for him to bypass that.

I also wonder what they will do with the storyline? If they will keep the crack one for Series 6 and then end it after we find out who was behind the silence. Then start a new story arc. Or end it after Series 6/7. But keep it running in the background for a big finale in Series 8+. Just like Bad Wolf, it mainly ended Series 1. But carried on into Series 2. Then Series 3 changed to Mister Saxon and the Master. But Series 4 ended Bad Wolf with the Davros ending.

I also wonder if Amy will be staying after Series 6. Or doing a Rose, leaving and then returning later on. I think Amy should stay as she is just one awesome companion.

Anyone also think, in 2013 with the 50th Aniversary. We will get a cool special like the 3 Doctors again (With 9th,10th and 11th) or something else?

Dr Who at the Proms 2010 will be broadcast on BBC Three, Mon Sep 6 @ 8.30pm. Through the "Red Button" - an interactive service provided by the BBC - fans will get treated to extras from the event. From the BBC Press Office:

From Monday 6 September, Doctor Who fans can press their red buttons for a VIP access-all-areas view of the Doctor Who Prom.

Staged at the Royal Albert Hall in July of this year, Matt Smith (The Doctor), Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) and Arthur Darvill (Rory Williams) are on presenting duties, and also talk about the Prom as well as their preparations as they get ready to take the stage.

BBC Red Button viewers can also see exclusive music not featured in the main Doctor Who Prom show as well as a look at the audience through the eyes of some of the Doctor Who aliens.