[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Dr Who at the Proms 2010 will be broadcast on BBC Three, Mon Sep 6 @ 8.30pm. Through the "Red Button" - an interactive service provided by the BBC - fans will get treated to extras from the event. From the BBC Press Office:

Rappy you got the 3200th comment! Congrats!

The head of BBC One has confirmed that the channel is considering changes to the scheduling of Doctor Who.

The sci-fi show, which stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, traditionally returns for a new run of 13 episodes at Easter. A sixth series has been commissioned for 2011, although rumours have suggested that it could be kept back to the Autumn.

Responding to the speculation, Jay Hunt told Digital Spy: "We're talking about what form Doctor Who will take. I think the interesting thing with having Steven [Moffat] running that show now is it will be very much a creative decision. He will decide what he thinks is right for the show."

Of the show's recent overhaul, she added: "It's one of the most terrifying things about being a BBC One controller - to be in charge of a regeneration and to cast the new Doctor Who. It's one of the most exciting things you can do in a job.

"For Matt and Karen to have landed as successfully as they have in the audience's mind, to be as popular and to be as instantly associated with the roles is wonderful. The telling point for me was that first episode when Matt put the fishfinger into the custard and from that moment on I completely believed in him."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One for a special episode this Christmas.

Rappy you got the 3200th comment! Congrats!

nope that was 3201 unless you didn't count the first post :p

The head of BBC One has confirmed that the channel is considering changes to the scheduling of Doctor Who.

The sci-fi show, which stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, traditionally returns for a new run of 13 episodes at Easter. A sixth series has been commissioned for 2011, although rumours have suggested that it could be kept back to the Autumn.

Responding to the speculation, Jay Hunt told Digital Spy: "We're talking about what form Doctor Who will take. I think the interesting thing with having Steven [Moffat] running that show now is it will be very much a creative decision. He will decide what he thinks is right for the show."

Of the show's recent overhaul, she added: "It's one of the most terrifying things about being a BBC One controller - to be in charge of a regeneration and to cast the new Doctor Who. It's one of the most exciting things you can do in a job.

"For Matt and Karen to have landed as successfully as they have in the audience's mind, to be as popular and to be as instantly associated with the roles is wonderful. The telling point for me was that first episode when Matt put the fishfinger into the custard and from that moment on I completely believed in him."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One for a special episode this Christmas.

nope that was 3201 unless you didn't count the first post :p

NOOOO.

The BBC and Steven Moffat have announced today that the transmission of the next series of Doctor Who, in 2011, will be split into two blocks, transmitting in spring and autumn.

The split transmission is the result of a request from Steven Moffat to write a new Doctor Who story arc which involves a big plot twist in the middle of the series. By splitting the series Moffat plans to give viewers one of the most exciting Doctor Who cliffhangers and plot twists ever, leaving them waiting, on the edge of their seats, until the autumn to find out what happens.

Steven Moffat said: "The split series is hugely exciting because viewers will be treated to two premieres, two finales and more event episodes. For the kids it will never be more than a few months to the next Doctor Who! Easter, Autumn, Christmas!!"

The BBC and Steven Moffat have announced today that the transmission of the next series of Doctor Who, in 2011, will be split into two blocks, transmitting in spring and autumn.

The split transmission is the result of a request from Steven Moffat to write a new Doctor Who story arc which involves a big plot twist in the middle of the series. By splitting the series Moffat plans to give viewers one of the most exciting Doctor Who cliffhangers and plot twists ever, leaving them waiting, on the edge of their seats, until the autumn to find out what happens.

Steven Moffat said: "The split series is hugely exciting because viewers will be treated to two premieres, two finales and more event episodes. For the kids it will never be more than a few months to the next Doctor Who! Easter, Autumn, Christmas!!"

Pretty groovy I guess, we get our xmas special, few months then half a series, and another few months till the second half and then a few more till the xmas special.

I could live with that.

Anyone also think, in 2013 with the 50th Aniversary. We will get a cool special like the 3 Doctors again (With 9th,10th and 11th) or something else?

That would sure be nice. They should do something totally awesome for the 50th naturally. I mean, how often does a TV show get a 50th anniversary after all? A 3 Doctors epic would rock, especially if they can get Eccelston and Tennant in meaty roles and not just cameos or small roles. Hell, why not try to get Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor in there? He's said he would love to do it again!

Pretty groovy I guess, we get our xmas special, few months then half a series, and another few months till the second half and then a few more till the xmas special.

I could live with that.

Yeah, me too. Not so long to wait that way.

Moffat: 'No Daleks in next Who series'

Steven Moffat has given a strong hint that The Daleks will not be appearing in the next series of Doctor Who.

Speaking at the Edinburgh TV Festival, the Who showrunner admitted that there are currently no plans for the famous aliens to reappear, although work on the 2011 series is not yet complete.

He said: "There will be a Dalek story when we've got a good idea for a Dalek story. [When that happens], there will be lots of different kinds of Daleks."

Moffat also confirmed today that next year's episodes will be split into two series, one airing in spring and the other screening in the autumn.

Source: Digitalspy

Remember this is from "The Sun" so take it with not just a pinch of salt, but a bucket!

Dr Who?s assistant Amy Pond looks set to be killed off in the next series, in a move that is set to shock fans.

Show boss Steven Moffat confirmed the sixth series will be split in two next year.

Speaking at the TV festival in Edinburgh, he teased fans by saying the series will take a break at Easter with a dramatic storyline that will leave viewers "needing the summer to recover".

The Sun reports that the plot twist favoured by bosses involves the death of Amy Pond.

TV Biz recently revealed that Scots actress Karen Gillan (who plays Pond) will leave the show before the end of the next series.

Steven Moffat promised there will be an "enormous earth-shattering cliffhanger" and added: "In order to let you have time to recover we will let you go off and have your summer holidays and then come back in autumn."

Karen neither denied or confirmed reports, simply saying: "I have no idea. I guess you just have to take it series by series.?

Source: stv

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/doctor-who-look-who-is-set-to-be-killed.html#ixzz0y6KponKI

I am totally getting this pack

A fully functional wii remote in the style of a screwdriver... ME WANTS! I'd love to play my games with it.

could of posted it ;) :p

Blue Ocean Accessories today confirmed that they are collaborating with BBC Worldwide to produce a range of branded video game accessories for the Nintendo DS and Wii based on the hit TV franchise Doctor Who. These will hit the streets October 2010.

266016639.jpg

640330172.jpg

560229351.jpg

and

802058506.jpg

A one hour version of Doctor Who at the Proms 2010 broadcast yesterday on BBC Three. Included in the show was a specially recorded/acted scene for the event.

A one hour version of Doctor Who at the Proms 2010 broadcast yesterday on BBC Three. Included in the show was a specially recorded/acted scene for the event.

I bet that kid was so happy afterwards, lol.

/jealous

751037096.jpg

The Complete Series 5 DVD box set, due in November, is to come with a Lenticular cover (pictured above). The highly collectible specially packaged six disc boxset will be available in stunning lenticular packaging, as well as a numbered limited edition boxset making it the perfect gift for Christmas. The DVD also features some fantastic extras including exclusively filmed scenes giving you an insight to what has happened in the TARDIS between episodes, as well as a Matt Smith video diary, the Doctor Who Confidential for each episode and the Monster Diaries from each DVD volume. Click HERE for details on the London signing with Matt & Karen.

Doctor Who The Complete Series 5

is released Nov 8th, priced ?69.99 (DVD) & ?79.99 (Blu ray)

Damn, this might finally tip me over the edge and buy a PS3, just for the Blu-Ray features (and gaming of course lol!).

Doctor Who in Blu-Ray = Something Special.

I really want the S5 OST though.

That screwdriver looks really good...

Thanks for the video Rappy, that kid did well.

Man, one day I gotta get my butt back to London so I can go to that live.

And showing that woman crying while they played the Tennant regeneration scene got to me, had to watch that episode again lol

Man, one day I gotta get my butt back to London so I can go to that live.

And showing that woman crying while they played the Tennant regeneration scene got to me, had to watch that episode again lol

yeah I would of loved to of been there

According to child actor Jamie Oram we have the title of Episode 6.04.

2010, Television, Playing George in Doctor Who Series 6 Episode 4, "WHAT ARE LITTLE BOY'S MADE OF?", BBC Upper Boat Studios Wales, Claire Hil

689931429.jpg

As Series 6 continues filming, some casting news has come to light. Episode Four, which was previously slated to be the Mark Gatiss story, is to star Emma Cunniffe (The Lakes) and Daniel Mays (Ashes To Ashes). This site, which also identifies a child actor in the cast (Jamie Oram, playing "a troubled young boy who has a nervous disposition"), states that the episode is currently filming which could suggest that it is, in fact, the Neil Gaiman episode. This site states it is titled, What Are Little Boys Made Of?