[Official] Doctor Who Thread

975509550.jpg

Director Richard Clark tweeted a somewhat blurry photo from the set of an episode he's currently shooting, which is either Neil Gaiman's episode three or Mark Gatiss's episode four. He comments, "I'm scared filming this. The kids are gonna freak." It appears that almost the entire episode takes place in a single small room. [blogtor Who]

Don't think they've ever done an episode from a single room before, have they?

Don't know from the old Doc Who, but this Doc Who they haven't

Technically 'Amys Choice' was in a single room - the Tardis control room.

I hope we learn more about The Tardis in this new series.

Also; the extended Doctor Who at the Proms is fantastic; extremely epic and I hope Moffat/Smith stay at the head of the show for a good few years up to and including 2014. I think this has pushed me over the edge to get a PS3 with Blu Ray purely so I can enjoy this season in excellent high-def. That's right. I love it THAT much.

"When the Doctor is declared dead, old companions Sarah Jane and Jo Grant meet for the very first time, and join forces to discover the truth. As an interstellar conspiracy gathers around UNIT HQ, Clyde finds that he holds the fate of the Time Lord in his hand ? quite literally."

Moffat teases 'Who' series cliffhanger

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has revealed more details of the cliffhanger ending to the first half of the next series.

It was previously announced that the show's sixth run will be split in half, starting in spring 2011 and returning in the autumn.

"There will be a huge cliffhanger... that we wouldn't normally do at the end of a series of Doctor Who because it would be too long before it came back," Moffat told Doctor Who Magazine. "[it is] an enormous, game-changing cliffhanger for the Doctor, Amy and Rory. It will change everything for them."

Moffat promised that forthcoming episodes will contain revelations involving the Doctor's friendship with Amy Pond.

He teased: "You will see the Doctor's life change forever, you will gasp in astonishment at the true nature of his relationship with Amy and you will cry out in horror as Rory Williams stumbles to the brink of a tragic mistake."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas.

Source: Digitalspy

In Doctor Who: The Brilliant Book 2011, Steven Moffat dropped some good hints on what lies ahead. First, the Christmas episode:

"This one's incredibly Christmassy. That's true of the previous ones but I wanted to go for broke. It's easily the most Christmassy thing you'll ever see. It's a huge, sentimental, lovely, jeopardy-driven story. It's the Christmas special I'd like to see. It's like a compilation of every Christmas movie. A big Christmas treat. But that doesn't mean it's without scares, and that doesn't mean it's without heartbreak. It has genuine tragedy in it."

He confirmed again that this season is all about "the silence", and he referred to the silence as "they". He says this season will be something of a departure from the tradition of a word or concept appearing in minor ways throughout the season before paying off in the finale (Bad Wolf in series 1, Torchwood in series 2, Mr. Saxon in series 3, Rose in series 4, and the cracks in series 5, just so we're clear). He suggests this season will actually tackle "a bigger mystery and a bigger story" than what's been possible before. He also says some mysteries will be resolved fairly quickly.

Speaking of which, on the true identity of River Song:

"That's absolutely coming. You're going to find out very soon, and that means we have to do it next series, really? The critical thing here is I want to explain who she is, not explain away who she is. If you don't deliver on most people's expectations, and you just say, ?Ooh, she's a specially programmed android who believes she's the Doctor's wife,' people will go, ?That?s a cheat.' You can't do that? It's a really good story, and it's sort of the story of next year."

[SFX]

Here are promotional pictures for the first episode of Series 4 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. The opening two~parter, The Nightmare Man, airs in two parts on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th October.

973814116t.jpg428162489t.jpg384896515t.jpg452053686t.jpg625807674t.jpg241245014t.jpg

Wishes to procure a customized android app which would enable a network of say 50-60 users control of approximately 300 rogue Daleks over an enterprise network! :whistle: The Master the_master2.jpg has full confidence in you!

davros_dalek_resurrection_terry_malloy_400_400x300.jpg

Smith: 'Doctor Who Xmas ep is brilliant'

Matt Smith has described the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special as "brilliant".

The actor told Metro that the Steven Moffat-penned episode will be full of holiday surprises.

"We've got Michael Gambon playing a Scrooge-like miser with a time travelling twist - and I think it's really, really good," he said. "It?s particularly Christmassy, lots of snow and lots of twinkly lights."

The star continued: "I think it's full of the right heart and soul for the season. Steven has, once again, written something brilliant."

Smith also praised an additional episode that Moffat has written for the upcoming sixth series of the sci-fi franchise.

"God, I wish I could tell you the other thing he's just written, which is just mind-blowing. I think he's delivered his best script yet. I can't say anything about it, but it's bloody brilliant."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas for a one-off special.

Source: Digitalspy

The BBC have released the synopses for both parts of the first episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures series four. Here is the synopsis for The Nightmare Man, part 1:

In the first two-part adventure, The Nightmare Man, Sarah Jane's adopted son, Luke, faces life-changing events and Bannerman Road will never be the same again when he has his first nightmare and is haunted by a dark figure from his dreams. A strange entity is reaching out to our world, with terrible consequences for the whole human race.

And the synopsis for part 2:

With Luke, Clyde and Rani trapped in a bizarre dreamscape, Sarah Jane must fight alone in the concluding part of the first story in the fourth series of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

As the Nightmare Man grows stronger, only K9 might hold the key, but can Luke summon the courage to face his adult life before the whole world becomes trapped in an endless nightmare?

The Nightmare Man will air on CBBC, Mon 11 and Tues 12 at 5.15pm and then again on BBC One on Wed 13 and Thurs 14 Oct at 4.30pm.