[Official] Doctor Who Thread

The grandmaster himself, Steven Moffat, has been teasing away again, this time in the Radio Times and this is what he had to say about Series 6: ?Silence will Fall! At long last River Song will introduce herself. The true nature of the relationship between Amy Pond and her Doctor will be revealed. And, most importantly, a good man will die ? a good man, and a hero to many.?

This would appear to go back to Flesh and Stone when River Song said she killed ?a good man?the best i?ve ever known?.

So who is good and a hero to many? The most obvious would be the Doctor, but as we all know with Steven Moffat the real answer will probably be something more clever that that.

However, if the Doctor was to somehow die, it would make for the big cliffhanger we?ve been promised. We all know he?d be back, but it would get us all talking during the break.

Source: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/a-hero-falls-in-doctor-who-series-6-12406.htm#ixzz17d7FIXb0

Finally. I've been dying to know these answers.

Because Time Travel and Aliens aren't Sci Fi?

If this isn't Sci Fi then I'd sure as hell like to know what is Sci Fi.

Doctor Who at it's core is Sci Fi (time travel, strange technology and aliens) The rest is comedy, drama, characters. ?Also it serves an audience of what? 4 year old to 70 year olds!

Den of Geek's Simon Brew was present at the screening of "A Christmas Carol", and he reports some of what he saw in the trailer for series 6. He admits he may be misremembering some of the details, so in the interest of not garbling things further here's his report on what he saw:
* The Doctor in the Oval Office. Jammie Dodgers, too.

* New fashion tips: "I wear a Stetson now," proclaims the Doctor. That's cool, too, he asserts. He might just be right, too.

* Men in military uniforms looking in bad moods

* A bearded Doctor

* A few clips of River Song, one of which seems to find her at least partially bereft of clothes

* Someone in a spacesuit

* Even though our memory is trying to convince us otherwise, we're pretty sure there was an Ood in there, too

* Plus, there's a monster in there we've not seen before

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has revealed that this year's Christmas episode was inspired by David Tennant's final episodes.

He told the New York Times that 'A Christmas Carol' would balance out the "dark" nature of 'The End of Time'.

"There had been a feeling that we needed a really, really Christmassy one, because the previous [Christmas special] had been David Tennant's exit from the role," he explained. "It had been quite dark and not as Christmassy as normal. We had wanted to reset it and make [this year's episode] a hugely jolly, merry one. Well, jolly, merry and a little bit sad."

Moffat also praised the original Charles Dickens novella A Christmas Carol, which serves as the festive special's inspiration.

"It's a fantastic story," he said. "Time travel at Christmas says A Christmas Carol and it says Doctor Who. The moment you think of it, if you have The Doctor as the Ghost of Christmas Past, it sort of makes sense."

'A Christmas Carol' will air on Christmas Day on BBC One in the UK and on BBC America in the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctor-who/news/a294343/moffat-tennant-exit-inspired-xmas-who.html

I was a little creeped-out by Who. I have this recurring nightmare about fish that can swim around in the air. Except in my dreams there are giant squid as well. Invisible giant squid.

I'm 37 and Dr.Who still has the power to scare me.