[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I was a huge Tom Baker fan when he was doing the series, then David Tennant took the spot from him (Baker is still a very close second). When Matt Smith came on board, I loved him because he brought a quirkiness to the Doctor that I haven't really seen in years. I love how he rambles, then realizes he's rambling. It's absolutely hilarious.

Karen Gillian is a very good companion. Not as good as Catherine Tate, but she's up there.

I was a huge Tom Baker fan when he was doing the series, then David Tennant took the spot from him (Baker is still a very close second). When Matt Smith came on board, I loved him because he brought a quirkiness to the Doctor that I haven't really seen in years. I love how he rambles, then realizes he's rambling. It's absolutely hilarious.

He reminds me of some of the earlier Doctors, especially Jon Pertwee. DT is without a doubt a much better actor and has a much greater emotional range, but Matt Smith is very funny. Plus, Moffat is a brilliant writer.

850192061.gif

A cave painting in Utah dating from around 5000 BC appears to depict the TARDIS, which is pretty cool. Of course the Doctor would have visited the native peoples of ancient Utah for a nice relaxing sedentary hunter-gatherer vacation.

The British newspaper The Sun, via which I discovered this image, reliably tries to turn this into something provocative:

A CAVE painting created 7,000 years ago has stunned experts - by appearing to show Doctor Who's time-travelling Tardis.

One, I doubt ?experts? are ?stunned,? unless The Sun consulted a gaggle of eight-year-olds buying bowties at Topshop. Two, he?s not ?Doctor Who? -- he?s just ?the Doctor.?

I mean: Duh.

The photo is by Bret Webster, whose site is full of beautiful images of the American West, and whom, bizarrely, The Sun credits as Bret Walker.

:rofl:

For anyone in the UK with an iTunes account, they are giving away 'The End of Time - Part 1 (HD)' as part of 12 days of Christmas. Grab it while you can, though it is 1.8gb in HD! It ends at midnight on 4.1.2011 , and hopefully tomorrow will be Part 2.

348410671.jpg

David Tennant to marry Georgia Moffett... daughter of ex-Doctor Who Peter Davison

Even by a Time Lord?s standards, it?s a fairly head-spinning concept.

David Tennant, the tenth Doctor Who, has become engaged to the daughter of the fifth Doctor, Peter Davison.

Georgia Moffett, who turned 26 on Christmas Day, met her fiance when she had a guest role in a 2008 episode ? playing the Doctor?s daughter, Jenny.

Tennant, 39, and Miss Moffett, who has an eight-year-old son from a previous relationship, are said to be keen to marry on New Year?s Day next year.

That will be exactly two years after the Scottish star made his final appearance as the Doctor before handing the role over to Matt Smith. A source said: ?David and Georgia are besotted with each other and can?t wait to tie the knot.?

Tennant encountered his future father-in-law on screen in a special Children In Need episode of Doctor Who in November 2007.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1343909/David-Tennant-marry-Georgia-Moffett-daughter-ex-Doctor-Who-Peter-Davison.html

Just finished watching all the specials again, the last bit at the end of 'The End of Time' kills me every time i see it "I dont want to go....", makes me appreciate DT all the more and reminds me how much i detest Matts Doctor.

Same situation as me, saw it again a few days ago and like you reminded me just how far Doctor Who has fallen. I used to LOVE watching it, now at times it feels like a chore

Just finished watching all the specials again, the last bit at the end of 'The End of Time' kills me every time i see it "I dont want to go....", makes me appreciate DT all the more and reminds me how much i detest Matts Doctor.

Same here... But im wonderig whos saying these words... Doctor or David? Or maybe both?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrd44v7Q6w

Same here... But im wonderig whos saying these words... Doctor or David? Or maybe both?

I think some of both. You know on some level he wanted to stay. It was a dream job.

06a92b55.jpg

Yes, that's a Sontaran just to the left of the TARDIS. Executive producer Piers Wenger has said this series will focus on new monsters, but an obvious way to bring the Sontarans back in a non-major way is as part of the alien alliance seen in "The Pandorica Opens." That's the only photo so far of the Sontarans - or indeed any other members of the cast, although there are some other general location shots at the link. [Doctor Who Locations]

I just finished watching series 5 and I have to say I am quite impressed. I did not know what to expect after Tennant and RTD left but the new crew did not disappoint me at all. The chemistry between Matt Smith and Karen Gillan was very good.

Can't wait for next season to start.

if only they went back to him, and not that terrible new doctor. :(

As much as i like David Tennant's Doctor, i really think Matt Smith has brought a new and interesting side to the character.

As much as i like David Tennant's Doctor, i really think Matt Smith has brought a new and interesting side to the character.

agreed :yes:

• 2 weeks later...