[Official] Doctor Who Thread

jW1s1.jpg

According to The Sun, the model ? currently studying History of Art at Cambridge University ? is set to make an appearance as a mysterious sea creature in the show?s pirate-themed episode.

Cole, who has had roles in St. Trinian?s and Heath Ledger film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, is excited about her forthcoming appearance.

She told the newspaper: ?It is a great script and a fun character and I am glad to be involved.?

The pirate plot looks set to be a star-studded affair, with Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville already signed on to play the Pirate Captain.

Source: Metro

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/doctor-who-episode-603-lily-cole-cast.html#ixzz1DfN8z6It

• 2 weeks later...

Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley caught up with Matt Smith for a chat at the launch of the Doctor Who Experience yesterday. Smith dropped a few hints on Series 6.

Smith On the Silence: ?I think The Silence is the scariest Doctor Who monster in a long time, well since the Weeping Angels. Steven?s [Moffat] written a killer monster.?

Smith on the cliffhanger: ?The Doctor and Amy are really faced with some quite cataclysmic choices, particularly at the end of the cliffhanger for Episode 7. It?s brilliant.?

Smith on River Song: ?It will not disappoint. Steven?s been plotting this since the very first episode, and even with Silence in the Library, it?s all connected. He?s had this three-year plan and it?s all unfolding.?

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/matt-smith-drops-series-6-hints-15843.htm#ixzz1EcHum5ya

tumblr_lh1sxcobpg1qdtfqfo1_500.jpg

Nicholas Courtney, passed on today, aged 81. The actor is best known for his appearances in the British sci-fi TV show Doctor Who, and has performed with more actors playing the Doctor than anyone else (William Hartnell as Space Security Agent Bret Vyon, Patrick Troughton as Colonel Lethbridge Stewart, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Pater Davison and Sylvester McCoy as Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart, a role he reprised last year in the Sarah Jane Adventures. He also played the role in a number of audio plays from Big Finish, with Colin Baker and Paul McGann.

The character was steeped in a military upbringing and had an unflappable approach to the strangest visions Doctor Who could throw at him, from aliens to robots to dinosaurs, once dismissing a trip to another planet as being nothing more that being thrown to a nearby quarry, and insisted that the TARDIS being bigger on the inside was a trick with mirrors.

The actor carried this masterful stuff upper lip in the face of adversity into other theatre and TV roles including Yes Prime Minister, Only Fools And Horses, French Fields and Rocky Horror Show. As honorary president of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society, he was also a convention regular.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/22/nicholas-courtney-passes-this-demands-a-five-round-salute/

The rumored start date for series six is Saturday, April 23, with the second episode of the opening two-parter supposedly airing the next day

The rumored start date for series six is Saturday, April 23, with the second episode of the opening two-parter supposedly airing the next day

Cheers! Hopefully it's true

zq5Vh.jpg

We can confirm that James Corden is returning to Doctor Who!

James will reprise his role of Craig Owens, first seen in last series' adventure The Lodger. Back in 2010 James told us, 'There's been no talk of my return. I'd love another adventure - it would be great! I'm sort of disappointed I didn't get to go in the TARDIS...' Who knows if he'll find his way into the Doctor's time machine this time around?

The character of Craig Owens proved popular last year. James described him as 'an ordinary bloke' but part of the character's appeal was his quiet bravery and charm. He became firm friends with the Doctor and we're now looking forward to seeing that friendship renewed!

James said working on The Lodger had been 'fantastic' and you can still see the Set Tour he conducted whilst working on the episode, or watch the exclusive interview he gave us about life with the Doctor. Finally, you can remind yourself of Craig's sporting prowess by watching the famous scene where he plays footie with a number 11 who's out of this world...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110225_02

I thought Tennant was brilliant, loved him way more than a lot of Doctors from the past. Smith is just as good as any other Dr, he may not be Tennant but Im happy with him... I cant stand Amy.

I love Karen, she is hot and amazing in everything apart from Dr Who. I absolutely hate her two dimensional character and the tag along that is Rory.

Matt has worked amazingly with everyone but Amy's character is awful, somehow nobody cares what happens to her, she doesn't provide an insight to the Dr's life and instead we almost have to use the Dr as an insight into hers, even though nobody cares.

I didn't like the sound of Donna at the beginning but she proved herself within weeks, its one series in and I cant wait to see the end of Amy and the role the Dr has where he tags along with the relationship like a third wheel.

If Matt Smith left at the end of the next series then I would sum him up as an amazing Dr that stepped into some pretty big shoes with ease. Smiths legacy would have been brilliant if it wasn't for the forced dependency on the character of Amy Pond who had no place in the series and was the result of Moffats constant need to create a fairy tale out of every storyline.

A fairytale was fine for episode one, maybe even two but its time to move on and get back to the Dr. He has been through so much and unless he is in the middle of a serious breakdown i doubt he would be chasing two insignificant characters such as Amy and Rory around.

We can confirm that James Corden is returning to Doctor Who!

James will reprise his role of Craig Owens, first seen in last series' adventure The Lodger

That's great news. He was awesome in that show.