[Official] Doctor Who Thread

920491442.jpg

586631979.jpg

The BBC have issued more pics from the two four~minute sketches, Time and Space, to be aired as part of the Comic Relief Red Nose Day telethon on BBC One, March 18. Click on the pics for bigger, doublier versions.

ETA: Steven Moffat explains a bit more to SFX

"Two episodes. Two mini-episodes. Very, very small episodes ? maybe eight minutes in total, so that?s around four minutes each. It?s not a spoof. It?s in the style of the ones that we?ve done for Children In Need, so it?s taken seriously as a proper bit of Doctor Who ? funny, but not a sketch. A little miniature story. One?s called ?Space? and one?s called ?Time?, so they?re Space & Time. And there?s a moment with two Amy Ponds in it. If you?re a red-blooded male surely that?s enough! You?ve got Amy Pond flirting with herself.?

Wow a lot of hate on for Amy Pond/Karen.....I like the character and think Karen is doing a fine job.

I love Karen but her character Amy is a bit annoying. However, she is so lovely I'm too busy looking at her to worry about what she is saying, most of the time.

Woo another mediocre series it seems, i wouldnt care if they say wait we made a mistake and David Tennant came back all would be forgiven and wind it back to just before the specials.

Woo another mediocre series it seems, i wouldnt care if they say wait we made a mistake and David Tennant came back all would be forgiven and wind it back to just before the specials.

*sigh*

just don't watch then :blink:

The next series of Doctor Who will premiere over the Easter weekend.

The first half of the show's sixth run will begin on BBC One on Saturday 23 April, according to Doctor Who Magazine.

The first episode, written by showrunner Steven Moffat, will also air on the same date in the US.

Supernatural actor Mark Sheppard and Jonathan Creek's Stuart Milligan will both appear in the opening two-parter, which is set in '60s America.

Subsequent episodes will include guest spots from Hugh Bonneville, David Walliams and a returning James Corden.

Writers confirmed for the series include Sherlock scribe Steve Thompson, Being Human creator Toby Whithouse and fantasy author Neil Gaiman.

After an initial run of seven episodes, Doctor Who will take a two-month hiatus and return to BBC One in September.

Wow a lot of hate on for Amy Pond/Karen.....I like the character and think Karen is doing a fine job.

Yeah, at her worst she's still far better than Rose or Peri . . . .

I wont, didnt enjoy Matts doctor at all they turned it into a Sarah Jane Adventures childish style series.

I think you're alone in that thought. Any opinions I've seen have shared the thought that the writing is more mature now than it ever was before. No more cheesiness.

Tennant is not coming back. If Smith leaves they will get someone else to be the Doctor. Besides, Tennant grew into the role of the Doctor as I suspect Smith will. He didn't do bad at all for a first season. Besides, Smith is never going to be another Tennant as his Doctor has a different personality and a different approach altogether.

"This is how it all ends..Pond flirting with herself, true love at last. Oh, sorry Rory" :laugh:

I felt series 5 was pretty strong, but that's my opinion. As great as Tennant was, it was his decision to leave, so wishing he would come back are just that...wishes.

Yeah, at her worst she's still far better than Rose or Peri . . . .

+1 for Amy Pond. Was never a big Rose fan. I did enjoy the Bad Wolf arc.

Tennant is not coming back. If Smith leaves they will get someone else to be the Doctor. Besides, Tennant grew into the role of the Doctor as I suspect Smith will. He didn't do bad at all for a first season. Besides, Smith is never going to be another Tennant as his Doctor has a different personality and a different approach altogether.

I hope it's a good few years before Smith is replaced.

The opening two~parter of Series 6 is almost upon us and the titles have been revealed by various sources invited to the screening of the episodes (*coughs*), they are:
The Impossible Astronaut

Day of the Moon

46vOW.jpg

Various sources around the web are reporting that Episode 7 of series 6 will see the return of Jenny, the Doctor's daughter. If the rumours are correct though, we will be seeing her in her second incarnation.

As far as I am aware the main source for the rumour stems from IMDB, which is probably one of the most unreliable on the web, but the actress in question, Catrin Stewart, is listed there as a character called 'Jenny' and now rumours are rife that it will be the same character originated by Georgia Moffat.

The other explanation of course is that she will be starring and will be playing a character called Jenny, but one that is totally different.

Huge handfuls of salt are needed with this one, but just in case....

http://tardisspoilers.blogspot.com/2011/03/is-jenny-returning.html