[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I hope they don't recast the part of Jenny. I liked Georgia Moffat a lot.

yeah she's pretty cool but I believe she's not long from giving birth

I think you're alone in that thought. Any opinions I've seen have shared the thought that the writing is more mature now than it ever was before. No more cheesiness.

Most definitely in the minority on that thought. I did enjoy series 5 very much and everyone I know that watched the show did to.

The BBC has announced that the first of three special Doctor Who Series 6 prequels will premiere on the official site ?very soon?.

Says the BBC: ?We?ll be launching the Prequel to the series? opening two-parter very soon. It?s an eerie sequence written by Steven Moffat that sets the scene in scary and mysterious style. It introduces us to the world the Doctor will collide with in the next adventure and watch carefully? was that the new monster..??

?The Prequel to the opening episode is the first of three prequels that will premiere on [the Doctor Who] site over the course of the new series. Each offers an exclusive preview of the action and intrigue ahead and they?ve been made by the Doctor Who production team ? so you know they?re going to be special!?

?The first prequel stars Stuart Milligan and introduces us to story strands that will bind the Doctor ? and enthral his audience ? throughout the weeks ahead. We?ll bring you more details soon, but be warned, it?s a scary one??

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-6-prequels-16735.htm#ixzz1HA6FrJQz

Michael Sheen will voice a character in an upcoming episode of Doctor Who.

The actor's involvement in the sixth series of the BBC show was confirmed by writer Neil Gaiman - who has scripted the episode which will feature the Welsh actor.

Responding to a report which claimed that Sheen had revealed his involvement during a visit to the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Gaiman wrote: "It's true."

No details of the Underworld star's role are currently known. Suranne Jones will also feature in the episode, the fourth of the new run, as a character named Idris.

Manic Street Preachers bass player Nicky Wire recently revealed that he would like Sheen to be involved with a Doctor Who script that he is writing.

The new series of Doctor Who will premiere on April 23 on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a310069/michael-sheen-confirmed-for-doctor-who.html