[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Doctor Who TV has announced that BBC will roll out a prequel webisode to the two-part season premiere "soon," which will introduce the audience to the menace the Doctor, Amy, and Rory will encounter in the first episode of the sixth season. Written by the shows current showrunner Steven Moffat, the prequel will set "the scene in scary and mysterious style," according to the BBC.

The network also warns viewers to pay attention to what could be a "new monster," but whether this monster will be a recurring monster, the Big Bad of the season, or just a one off character has yet to be reported. But we do know that these prequels, especially the first one, will be integral to the plot points for the upcoming series.

"The first prequel stars Stuart Milligan and introduces us to story strands that will bind the Doctor ? and enthral his audience ? throughout the weeks ahead. We?ll bring you more details soon, but be warned, it?s a scary one?" the BBC advised.

No word has been given if these prequels will also be available for American audiences since the BBC media player blocks some content from American viewers.

Prequel/spin-off webisodes have been used a lot lately for a couple of other British genre shows of late. Primeval aired a six-part prequel webisode series that properly introduced the new characters, bridged the gap between the third and fourth series, and also set in motion an integral plot point for series four. The original Being Human also did a webisode spin-off titled, Becoming Human, which followed a character named Adam, who was introduced in the third episode of the third series of Being Human. The full 8 webisodes were aired as a 50 minute special this past weekend on the BBC.

Why am I getting a sense that Season 6 is going to be awesome??

Tonight the BBC debuted the Series 6 teaser trailer across four TV channels. They were identical to the online one released earlier, except on BBC2. There was one small difference that was very easy to miss.

603791895.jpg

That clip just reminds me of the episode, "Are you my Mommy?" :D

Earlier we reported a rumour that actress Suranne Jones, who is playing a character called Idris in the fourth episode of Doctor Who Series 6, is actually the Doctor?s wife.

Now SFX have revealed that the title for episode written by Neil Gaiman is yes, you guessed it, The Doctor?s Wife.

Additional notes about 6.4

River Song is not set to be in this episode.

The original working title was reported to be ?The House of Nothing?

On tweets sent back and forth between Steven Moffat and Neil Gaiman, there were such things said as this by Moffat ??look who it is! LOOK WHO IT IS? which was replied by Gaiman with: ?Each time I watch it I?m more impressed with Matt and Suranne, and less able to believe that you let me get away with it.?

Source

Can't wait for this series, all these little tid bits of information of episodes and characters coming up.

Sounds like we might actually get some answers, lol.

Can't wait for this series, all these little tid bits of information of episodes and characters coming up.

Sounds like we might actually get some answers, lol.

Sounds like Lost! :shifty:

Ah, I'm in Australia where tomorrow is today.

Full trailer or another prequel?

oh today would be UK Wednesday, and its a 1 minute trailer for the series