[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Hey Rappy, awhile back I asked where to start with Doctor Who and Torchwood etc, and I believe you gave me a list or a link to one that shows the order of what you should watch.

I finally started watching DW and I am on Series 1 Episode 3 and can't seem to find that post? Help? lol

In running order form 2005:

Doctor Who Series 1

Doctor Who Xmas Special: The Christmas Invasion

Doctor Who Series 2

Torchwood Series 1

Doctor Who Xmas Special: The Runaway Bride

Doctor Who Series 3

Doctor Who Xmas Special: Voyage of the Damned

Torchwood Series 2

Doctor Who Series 4

Doctor Who Specials: The Next Doctor

Doctor Who Specials: Planet of the Dead

Torchwood: Children of Earth

Doctor Who Specials: The Water of Mars

Doctor Who Specials: The End of Time pt.1

Doctor Who Specials: The End of Time pt.2

Doctor Who Series 5

Doctor Who Xmas Special: A Christmas Carol

And then you get to where we are now, lol.

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has suggested that John Simm could reprise his role as The Master.

The Life On Mars star appeared as The Doctor's arch-nemesis in five episodes between 2007 and 2010.

At a recent Doctor Who screening in New York, Moffat suggested that Simm could reappear in a future episode.

"After [his last appearance] he'd been saying, 'I think now that David [Tennant]'s left as the Doctor, I would have to leave the Master'.

"He [later] pulled me aside and said, 'I didn't mean that! Look at me, I'm fit, I'm okay!'"

Moffat also dismissed the suggestion that Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch could replace Simm.

"Benedict has to wait in line probably," he said.

The new series of Doctor Who premieres on April 23 on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.

I'm not sure I would want John Simm back again, I like him and all and thought he was awesome in Life on Mars, but it seems a bit silly to me to always have The Master as the same actor when we are going through multiple doctors

I'm not sure I would want John Simm back again, I like him and all and thought he was awesome in Life on Mars, but it seems a bit silly to me to always have The Master as the same actor when we are going through multiple doctors

My thought exactly. Should recast him.

Same here. Even in the old shows the Master never stayed the same either.

Just because the actor can change, doesn't mean it needs to change. It's nice to have interlinking arcs and histories with these characters, if they all 'reset' at once it can become to seperated. I'd like to see Simm as the Doctor again - even if it is just to give him the on-screen regeneration he deserves.

Thought I would share this here, figuring mostly people that come to this board will be the only ones to care about it.

5 Doctor Who Apps to Tame Your Inner Time Lord

For fans and nonfans alike, Doctor Who returns to television a week from today on April 23rd. If you just take a little time to look on this site, its not hard to figure out that I?m a Doctor Who fan. So out of the goodness of my heart, and in celebration of the beginning of the 6th season, I thought I?d throw together this quick list of Doctor Who related iPhone apps that I have used plenty of times in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. So if you?re a true Who fan, and looking to increase the injection of Who into your life, be sure to check out these apps:

Continue

Is it just me or does any one find the acting of who ever plays River Song and her lines completely cringe worthy? Out of the main cast I pretty much vote her as the worst actor of the lot :/ That or something about her extreme cockiness feels out of place.

Is it just me or does any one find the acting of who ever plays River Song and her lines completely cringe worthy? Out of the main cast I pretty much vote her as the worst actor of the lot :/ That or something about her extreme cockiness feels out of place.

um sorry but alot of people like her she has lots of fans

um sorry but alot of people like her she has lots of fans

I'll have to admit that I do like her. I can't wait to see how all of this ties in.

It's trending on Twitter that Elisabeth Sladen has died today at the age of 63 - supposedly it's up on the BBC as well.

Very, very sad.

from Digital Spy

Elisabeth Sladen has passed away at the age of 63.

The actress is best known for portraying Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures. The cause of death is not yet clear.

Doctor Who Magazine tweeted: "With great sadness, DWM must report the loss of our beloved Sarah Jane, actress Elisabeth Sladen. The best of best friends. Too, too sad."

Doctor Who star Elisabeth Sladen, who was also in spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died aged 63.

Sladen appeared as Doctor Who assistant Sarah Jane Smith in the BBC television sci-fi series between 1973 and 1976 opposite Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.

BBC entertainment reporter Lizo Mzimba said she had had cancer for some time.