[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I had just watched one of the new episodes again with her a few hours ago. I couldn't believe it when I saw the news on the internet just now, it was shocking. She seemed so young and full of life. My condolences to her family and friends. :cry:

16945li.jpg

Doctor Who will pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen when the show returns for a new series this Saturday.

The actress, loved for her portrayal of investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith, passed away yesterday morning after battling cancer.

Asked if a tribute to Sladen will be featured on the upcoming episode, a spokesperson for Doctor Who told Digital Spy that the show's production team are "planning something suitable".

However, further information on what that might include is not yet available.

Source: Digital Spy

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/doctor-who-will-pay-tribute-to.html#ixzz1K4CoyQmF

I was really upset when I saw this on the news last night. I wasn't around when she was on our screens originally, but I was a HUGE Doctor Who fan as a child. We used to rent the videos from the local video shop as often as we could, and I'd spend my pocket money buying them. Sarah-Jane Smith was by far my favourite companion of the Doctor's. She was a wonderful actress, who brought a new dynamic to the show. It's wonderful that another generation of children has been able to fall in love with her character with the new series, and her own as well. Such a shame, and such a loss.

RIP Elisabeth Sladen.

The official website has confirmed that CBBC will be showing a special tribute to Elisabeth Sladen straight after The Impossible Astronaut on Saturday, at 6.45pm.
Elisabeth Sladen created one of Doctor Who?s best loved and most enduring characters, Sarah Jane Smith. For over 35 years she brought the feisty, compassionate journalist to life, creating a figure that was adored by audiences of all ages ? truly a heroine whose appeal had no boundaries.

This 15 minute programme is both a tribute and a celebration of Elisabeth Sladen. It brings together stories from friends and colleagues and draws on a rich archive of material to remind us of Sarah Jane?s journey, from companion to the Third Doctor to the central character in CBBC?s award-winning The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Produced by Gillane Seaborne and Brian Minchin, My Sarah Jane: A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen is on CBBC on Saturday, at 6.45pm, straight after the end of The Impossible Astronaut.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/my-sarah-jane-tribute-on-saturday-18483.htm#ixzz1K6N23VuM

Touching Video. Nice to know there will be a tribute on Saturday at 6:45pm on CBBC to her. Also a tribute at the beginning of 'The Impossible Astronaut'

R.I.P Liz

Touching Video. Nice to know there will be a tribute on Saturday at 6:45pm on CBBC to her. Also a tribute at the beginning of 'The Impossible Astronaut'

R.I.P Liz

omg that video :(