[Official] Doctor Who Thread

FML - thought it was Saturday :(

hehe you wish it was....I can't wait! for Doctor Who and the Tribute to our Sarah Jane

I understand that video above now...Lol.

Great episode. Next weeks looks even better! :D

A decent episode but too padded out / slow for my tastes; I understand they were probably trying to go for the suspense angle but it wasn't really working for me. Too much talky, not enough action! But the next episode certainly looks exciting :D

Oh snap.

I dont know if its because of the gap between s5 and 6 or its because hes not following on directly from David Tennant but i really enjoyed that first episode. I even got my wish of Matt Smith

dying

Oh snap.

I dont know if its because of the gap between s5 and 6 or its because hes not following on directly from David Tennant but i really enjoyed that first episode. I even got my wish of Matt Smith

dying

Well, we know he'll be playing the Doctor

for the next 200 years.

;)

Good episode, won't really be complete without next weeks though, pity we didn't get that two episodes over one weekend thing, lol.

At first impression,

is the ship they found underground now the same one they found pretending to be the top of a building in the last series? which makes me wonder if the little girl/space suit is in fact a hologram of some sort seeing as we know Amy shoots it, but as far as I could see looks unaffected in the next episode.

As for the Doctor dying, the spacesuit could very well have been the little girl/hologram again which would explain why River also seemingly couldn't shoot it, I know some people will assume this is why she was in prison, but she would know if she shot him at this point.

My first random guess is that it is another version of the Doctor, maybe one that knew he had to die at some point, would possibly explain why he went off and did random stuff through history and came back so much older, clone? paradox of some sort so he knew he would have to die? and the best person to do that would be himself?

Ack, who knows, can't wait for next week. :D

I enjoyed it, though it did have it's problems. How many times did they use the "Doctor who?" line in this single episode? Way too many if you ask me. I was also a bit disappointed about the "They're Americans!" gag, playing on the cliche that we are all violent and trigger happy. I also wish they could have found someone who actually looked and sounded remotely like Nixon, but I suppose that's easier said than done.

I wonder why Amy found it so terribly important to tell the doctor that

she is pregant

? Seemed like an odd time to bring it up. I hope it doesn't turn out to be

the old "she's carrying an alien baby" routine or something crazy like that. In any case I can't see her really having one for some time because carrying a baby around the universe in a Tardis just doesn't seem like something a person would do.

Also River said she is "quite the screamer". :woot:

I actually got quite creeped out by the freaky Aliens in the suits, which is a first for me as a massive Doctor Who fan, but the series seemed to be going stale for me by the end of series 5, but now, it's alive and kicking in my mind. :D