[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I enjoyed it, though it did have it's problems. How many times did they use the "Doctor who?" line in this single episode? Way too many if you ask me. I was also a bit disappointed about the "They're Americans!" gag, playing on the cliche that we are all violent and trigger happy. I also wish they could have found someone who actually looked and sounded remotely like Nixon, but I suppose that's easier said than done.

I wonder why Amy found it so terribly important to tell the doctor that

she is pregant

? Seemed like an odd time to bring it up. I hope it doesn't turn out to be

the old "she's carrying an alien baby" routine or something crazy like that. In any case I can't see her really having one for some time because carrying a baby around the universe in a Tardis just doesn't seem like something a person would do.

Also River said she is "quite the screamer". :woot:

Yeah, the news

of her pregnancy

seemed odd.

(Not too odd if it's his ;) )

I think she spilled the news because she remembered that she had to tell the Doctor something urgent, but couldn't exactly remember what it was, so she probably assumed that was it. Or she was going to tell him what happened at the beginning of the episode, but chickened out.

Does anyone else think the person in the spacesuit who shot the Doctor is the Moll Flanders chick?

I mean, perhaps that's why she was imprisoned.

She would seem the obvious choice but who knows where this is going.

Some fancy fellows over at GallifreyBase spotted in the storyboard for the scene it has a major spoiler. I regret reading it, but I'll throw it out there for those interested.

The text in the box reads "The Doctor tilts his head, recognising himself"

Just thought I'd post this :/ Strange that they include the BBC logo in the Doctor Who logo now.. Seems out of place.

http://youtu.be/I-p21DyEbL8?hd=1

lol blocked for me

The first episode in the new series of Doctor Who was watched by an average audience of 6.5 million viewers, according to overnight viewing figures.

Doctor Who series openers since 2005

9.6m - The Eleventh Hour - 3/4/2010 (Matt Smith)

9.1m - Partners in Crime - 5/4/2008 (David Tennant)

8.7m - Smith and Jones - 31/3/2007 (DT)

8.6m - New Earth - 15/4/2006 (DT)

10.8m - Rose - 26/3/2005 (Christopher Ecclestone)

I notices that the end boards are different for the bbc1hd and iTunes versions of this episode.

BBC One HD

iTunes

Which end board did BBC America use? or did they have an other version?

6.5 million watched instead of 9.6 million last spring? That's a huge drop off especially considering it's Doctor Who (and a UK staple obviously).

I wonder how it did ratings wise here in the US.

Some fancy fellows over at GallifreyBase spotted in the storyboard for the scene it has a major spoiler. I regret reading it, but I'll throw it out there for those interested.

The text in the box reads "The Doctor tilts his head, recognising himself"

What scene?

Just thought I'd post this :/ Strange that they include the BBC logo in the Doctor Who logo now.. Seems out of place.

I noticed that too and I don't much like it; they also added a lens flare effect.

You can read about the change and see every logo from the show here.

There have been two theories running around in my head. Both would make sense, and both could explain why River couldn't shoot the astronaut at the beach.

1)

The Doctor [from another time] was in the spacesuit. Something about being unable to rewrite time. Less likely, in my mind.

2)

River is in the spacesuit, which follows along with the theory that someday she kills the Doctor and is the reason she was in Stormcage. Also explains why whouldn't couldn't kill the 'spaceman'. It sorta ties in with when the Doctor first met River in the Library... she was wearing a spacesuit then, too. But would that mean that girl in the spacesuit is also River, or are they two completely different entities? [Then again--that would raise MORE questions about River's past, and I wouldn't put it past Moffat to try that. :laugh: ]

I enjoyed it, though it did have it's problems. How many times did they use the "Doctor who?" line in this single episode? Way too many if you ask me. I was also a bit disappointed about the "They're Americans!" gag, playing on the cliche that we are all violent and trigger happy. I also wish they could have found someone who actually looked and sounded remotely like Nixon, but I suppose that's easier said than done.

I wonder why Amy found it so terribly important to tell the doctor that

she is pregant

? Seemed like an odd time to bring it up. I hope it doesn't turn out to be

the old "she's carrying an alien baby" routine or something crazy like that. In any case I can't see her really having one for some time because carrying a baby around the universe in a Tardis just doesn't seem like something a person would do.

Also River said she is "quite the screamer". :woot:

My guess? She was told

to say what he should know and what he should never know

. That part was

what he should know, and what he should never know is the fact that he summoned himself. It's not that telling the Doctor that she was pregnant was an emergency, but she remembered the need to tell it when the girl in the spacesuit came around, because it was some projection of the aliens, and it caused her to remember her conversation with the aliens