[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I'm curious to see how much of this may be part of the silence's plan. Since they attempted to destroy the universe by blowing up the tardis, maybe they are trying to do it again by creating a paradox.

After all, the one in the suit was seemingly trying to tell Amy to reveal why they were there to the Doctor.

Probably not, but it's a nifty way to look at it.

It is an interesting paradox Moffatt has created, Of course we know the Doctor isn't really dead and he will one regenerate again but how are they going to do that now. And why was the Doctor from the future there anyway?

why was the Doctor from the future there anyway?

There's really no reason for him not to be. He can technically be at every point in history... We've just never seen him take a break and go back to the same companions without us knowing what happened in between. If the Doctor left and came back 200 years later, he'd probably have gone through several other companions--and went back to see Amy, Rory and River because he 'knew' what was going to happen. Even if it was a paradox. [Though has he ever gone 200+ years between regenerations?]

I'm curious to see how much of this may be part of the silence's plan. Since they attempted to destroy the universe by blowing up the tardis, maybe they are trying to do it again by creating a paradox.

After all, the one in the suit was seemingly trying to tell Amy to reveal why they were there to the Doctor.

Probably not, but it's a nifty way to look at it.

First we need to know why

why the doctor thought it was necessary to make himself travel back to 1969

before we know why

the silence wants him to know that he wanted this

. And what does that all have to do with

Amy being pregnant?

The thing here that made me groan is that they discover an underground network of tunnels in which the silence live. I guess they share the space with the Silurians. I wonder how crowded Earth is with different alien life forms that each independently claim to own the planet.

There's really no reason for him not to be. He can technically be at every point in history... We've just never seen him take a break and go back to the same companions without us knowing what happened in between. If the Doctor left and came back 200 years later, he'd probably have gone through several other companions--and went back to see Amy, Rory and River because he 'knew' what was going to happen. Even if it was a paradox. [Though has he ever gone 200+ years between regenerations?]

If I remember correctly on one of the other series the Doctor made it plain that he isn't suppose to cross his own timeline or nasty things will happen.

That's true, but he did it in the finale episodes of Series 5... who's to say he wouldn't do it again? :laugh:

The thing here that made me groan is that they discover an underground network of tunnels in which the silence live. I guess they share the space with the Silurians. I wonder how crowded Earth is with different alien life forms that each independently claim to own the planet.

They were a lot further underground. The tunnels they just discovered in the last episode were maybe 10-20 feet underground. Big difference.

Love the start of the movie theme it has the 4 beat drum of the Master, and of course David Tennants.

I think Matt Smiths is the worst with the stupid drum beat and dramatic theme they put at the start. Im not saying that just because its Matt Smith i genuinely dislike it they completely ruined the theme.

Doctor Who executive producer Steven Moffat has revealed that he hopes John Barrowman's popular character Captain Jack Harkness will return to the sci-fi series.

The showrunner first introduced Captain Jack in the series one two-parter 'The Empty Child'/'The Doctor Dances' for a stint with the Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) and Rose (Billie Piper). The rogue Time Agent proved to be such a hit that Barrowman was eventually granted his own spinoff series, Torchwood.

In an interview with The Gothamist, Moffat responded to a questioner's suggestion that he has resisted using any characters that originated from former executive producer Russell T Davies's reign.

"There's no rule against that," the writer asserted. "People talk as if somewhere there's been some schism."

He added: "I mean, Jack, who I wrote in the show, I'd love to have him back. I was thinking he should really be here recently but he's busy [filming Torchwood: Miracle Day].

"And I mean there are references to Davies's characters - we just had a reference to Rose, in fact. In my head there is a continuing story. There's no idea that we're abandoning anything. There is an element that The Doctor moves on from people in a rather scary but inevitable way. He won't be nearby forever."

The sixth run of Doctor Who began last weekend with 'The Impossible Astronaut', which saw the Tardis crew being forced to keep a grave secret from The Doctor and the debut of a dangerous new foe.

Doctor Who returns with new episode 'Day of the Moon' this Saturday on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US, while Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres in July on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a316949/doctor-who-exec-wants-captain-jack-return.html

so lets start guessing at who that was at the end?

people on twitter saying

amys daughter with the doctor as the dad?

I think

she is definitely the Doctors because of regeneration, but i think its Rivers because of the connection they have.

Plus

i dont think the Doctor would do that to Rorie