[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I think

she is definitely the Doctors because of regeneration, but i think its Rivers because of the connection they have.

Plus

i dont think the Doctor would do that to Rorie

yeah that would work as well...but she's part time lord it seems so its viable

Firstly, why are we using spoiler tags if we are not revealing anything that people who are up to date with Dr Who don't already know?

Secondly, how do i do the spoiler tag thing as I want to comment!! :woot:

Nm, worked it out

River called the Doctor her old man, possible family connection? If so then the child could be River's and still beTime Lord. Old man is used as a term for Husband and for Father.

Nm, worked it out

River called the Doctor her old man, possible family connection? If so then the child could be River's and still beTime Lord. Old man is used as a term for Husband and for Father.

When she said it Rory was standing behind her, I'm pretty sure it was implied that he is her father, which would imply that she is indeed the future child of Amy and Rory, and the future Wife of the Doctor and maybe the child is indeed Rivers and The Doctors.

Woah. Ending was immense. Liking the theories.

Next weeks doesn't seem that good...

omg mind blown.......

Took me 2 minutes just to process what i had just seen.

Also love the use of "I Am The Doctor" theme throughout the episode.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same, but the fact they are making the series "darker", makes it a whole lot more interesting.

I have to agree!

Firstly, why are we using spoiler tags if we are not revealing anything that people who are up to date with Dr Who don't already know?

Secondly, how do i do the spoiler tag thing as I want to comment!! :woot:

I was just thinking for the american audience who wont see it until tonight/this weekend!

omg mind blown.......

Took me 2 minutes just to process what i had just seen.

Also love the use of "I Am The Doctor" theme throughout the episode.

haz you been converted! :p

Maybe.........ive been rewatching since Series 1 and a lot of David Tennants stories are nothing compared to this, the moffat ones are awesome but Davies ones are awful.

Ok heres a thought! Will the little girl age after she has regenerated? I mean will she look like a teenager for example? Over the years the Doctors body has essentially become younger looking, so this might happen.

Ok heres a thought! Will the little girl age after she has regenerated? I mean will she look like a teenager for example? Over the years the Doctors body has essentially become younger looking, so this might happen.

We won't know until we see who they cast :p

As the 9th Doctor said

It's a bit dodgy, this process, you never know what you're gonna end up with.

So it can go either way.

She knew she was going to regenerate, so I'm guessing that it wasn't her first time. Then again, it could be her first regeneration, she just knew about it. Interested to see what Moffat does with this story line.

We won't know until we see who they cast :p

As the 9th Doctor said

So it can go either way.

She knew she was going to regenerate, so I'm guessing that it wasn't her first time. Then again, it could be her first regeneration, she just knew about it. Interested to see what Moffat does with this story line.

That was my original thought, she knew what was coming. I think she'll be a girl just with a different face. Either way, it's an awesome storyline. Probably won't see her till the

cliffhanger storyline mid season

I'm still theorizing that the girl is

Jenny, "The Doctor's Daughter".

Is there any merit to that?

What bothers me is why would a Time Lord regress to such a young age through regeneration, they would be relatively vulnerable as a child. I think it would make more sense that they wouldnt regress any further back than when the age a person becomes an adult.

With that in mind and all the hints in the episode about Amys pregnancy i dont think she is Jenny.

Yeah, I just finished watching the episode. After seeing certain things [the photo in particular], it's probably not.

Though I thought I'd heard rumours a while back that Jenny will be making an appearance this serial?

well here's my theory of what's going on:

the little girl is the rani. and the tardis in the lodger is hers. she's the one who caused the tardis to explode creating the cracks in an attempt to kill the doctor. the silence, also being a threat to her plans, are forced into the cracks and end up on other planets. their society was falling. not being the nicest guys either, they displace the fish people to venice, and control humanity from the shadows, until one day in the 60s the rani shows up on earth, and the silence try to capture her. she disguises her tardis as a second floor flat, and turns herself in to a human child and goes into hiding in an orphanage. and thats where they found her and started building a tardis of their own. so now she's going to regenerate into a new fully grown body and the doctor will have to defeat her and stop the silence from doing to humans what they did to the fish people.

well here's my theory of what's going on:

the little girl is the rani. and the tardis in the lodger is hers. she's the one who caused the tardis to explode creating the cracks in an attempt to kill the doctor. the silence, also being a threat to her plans, are forced into the cracks and end up on other planets. their society was falling. not being the nicest guys either, they displace the fish people to venice, and control humanity from the shadows, until one day in the 60s the rani shows up on earth, and the silence try to capture her. she disguises her tardis as a second floor flat, and turns herself in to a human child and goes into hiding in an orphanage. and thats where they found her and started building a tardis of their own. so now she's going to regenerate into a new fully grown body and the doctor will have to defeat her and stop the silence from doing to humans what they did to the fish people.

I'm starting to think that she maybe

The Rani

also. I think there are bunch of red herrings right now to get the fans to think she's the child of a TARDIS crew member(s), but there was a scene filmed that has

River Song dressed in the same camo outfit from The Time of Angles sitting down with Amy for some wine, and it's revealed that River is Amy's daughter.

*phew*

link

http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/2011/04/the-companions-daughter-2/

Was anyone else really annoyed by the fact that

The doctor now seems to be in favour of genocide, getting everyone to kill the silent, despite everything he has previously done

Was anyone else really annoyed by the fact that

The doctor now seems to be in favour of genocide, getting everyone to kill the silent, despite everything he has previously done

He basically warned them though, you don't really warn those you're about to kill, you just do it. So in a sense he's made it so they have to either packup or leave or go underground and never come out or they'll get shot etc. It's not the nice clean ending sure but then again this new season is darker and so on.

And that ending to ep2, wow, this has to be the best start to a season yet.