[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Was anyone else really annoyed by the fact that

The doctor now seems to be in favour of genocide, getting everyone to kill the silent, despite everything he has previously done

He'll take any solution besides that if he can, but I didn't see any other possible solution. They were not going to leave with just a request, so he had to give them an incentive to leave. They won't all die; they'll escape somehow, but they certainly won't come back to Earth.

The girl is amy's daughter, hence the picture of amy, her mother, in her room and the talk of amy being pregnant. It's also possible that the doctor regenerated into the little girl and was the one in the space suit walking into the water

The Curse Of The Black Spot' airs on BBC One at 6pm on Saturday 7th May. In the meantime, here are some teasing lines of dialogue from the episode...

? "There are worse ways to go than having your face knocked off by a dodgy mermaid."

? "I've seen your father gun down a thousand innocent men."

? "It's a big club, we should get t-shirts."

? "There's a stroppy homicidal mermaid trying to kill all."

? "Space can very lonely."

? "Ignore all my previous theories!"

? "Cuddle me shipmate."

? "A green singing shark in an evening gown."

? "I suppose laughing like that is in the job description."

? "Humans, second rate, damage too easy. Only a matter of time before you all get bruised."

The Doctor has threatened to kill a lot of species before (including the Dalek). What he always does is give them a choice, and their fate is up to them.

Here's a theory:

Okay, so the silents have ordered their destruction. Seen as now in this universe, this means that the Silents won't be able to interrupt the flow of Earth's future. Now, let's recap how we got to the Silent's destruction. The doctor from 200 years later comes back and invites his current self, amy, rory and river to 1969. Up until this point, no one was going to go to 1969 and do anything - clearly the Tardis crew remember the silents and so if this had happened previously, this would have been common knowledge. SO, 1100 Yr old Doctor gets everyone (inc. 900 Yr doctor) to go to 1969 to trigger off the events of what happened during the past 2 episodes, which would be to offset the course of the future. Now that's happened, a couple of things have now happened - 1) the fact that the doctor has been shot and killed is irrelevant, in 200 years he'll never need to go back in time and die ergo he lives on past 1100. 2) The future of the doctor will now change and will be different to what happened in River Song's book, so the part where the doctor and river should have become "more then friends" so to speak will never happen (not at that point, anyway), hence why it was confusing for River when she wasn't aware it was the first time she'd kissed him. Essentially, River's book of the Doctor's future is completely useless.

Comments?

Regarding the Rani

It has been confirmed that it will be impossible for the Rani to return in the revived series as the character's creators have not agreed to transfer their copyright of the character to any of the new producers, though it may happen one day where the copyright will be taken.

Comments?

I didnt think the Doctor could cross his own time line without causing a paradox and the end of the universe?

I still stick by my theory that

Amy is River's mum.

I dont think so unless they writers want to dabble in a bit of incest considering the Doctor is the father of the child and the child grown up to River is now kissing the doctor and fancies him.

Where are people getting that River is The Doctors daughter?

It's quite obvious surely that River is going to end up with The Doctor at some point, or possibly has done in some alternative time line, but considering what we have been given I don't know where people are getting that Amy's future child is The Doctors as well who then ends up as River and then gets it on with her own father.

Doctor Who?s 50th anniversary is still a couple of years away, but rumours of a multi-Doctor story have been doing the rounds for a while now.

David Tennant has previously hinted at the 10th Doctor returning, but Christopher Eccelston seems pretty adamant that the 9th won?t be back. Asked if he would return for the anniversary in an interview with Graham Norton on Radio 2, Eccleston replied, ?No, never bathe in the same river twice.?

?My intention was to make the show a success so that the next few series could follow, but I?d done what I wanted to do.?

Eccleston also added that he thought The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances (written by Steven Moffat) were the best episodes of his series.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/eccleston-on-50th-anniversary-19147.htm#ixzz1LCkn5Q00

Feck him. I hate self important asshats like him people that get too big for the show then leave thinking they are going to get amazing roles and end up doing bit parts in various TV shows.

Peter Davidson, David Tennant and Matt Smith would be good. I LOVED the Time Crash Children in Need special.

WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY.

Feck him. I hate self important asshats like him people that get too big for the show then leave thinking they are going to get amazing roles and end up doing bit parts in various TV shows.

Peter Davidson, David Tennant and Matt Smith would be good. I LOVED the Time Crash Children in Need special.

yeah he's done nothing interesting since Doctor Who

One idea I had was that the small girl who regenerated may have stolen the Doctor's regeneration powers before she killed him.

One idea I had was that the small girl who regenerated may have stolen the Doctor's regeneration powers before she killed him.

So she travelled forward in time in the suit, killed The Doctor while stealing his powers, went back in time, seemingly escaped the suit and then regenerated?

So she travelled forward in time in the suit, killed The Doctor while stealing his powers, went back in time, seemingly escaped the suit and then regenerated?

You never know with Steven Moffatt.

Christopher Eccleston was one of the worst Doctors ever. What terrible casting! Completely unsuited to the role.

I'm so glad they got rid of that weirdo.