[Official] Doctor Who Thread

The rumored transmission dates for the second half of series six are as follows:

September 3, 2011 - Let's Kill Hitler by Steven Moffat

September 10, 2011 - What Are Little Boys Made Of? by Mark Gatiss

September 17, 2011 - The Green Anchor by Tom MacRae

September 24, 2011 - The God Complex by Toby Whithouse

October 01, 2011 - Episode 12 by Gareth Roberts

October 08, 2011 - Episode 13 by Steven Moffat

yep lets bring back RTD!

</sarcasm>

(Y) i've been going on a nostagia cruise through RTD era Who to feed the habit... and yikes some of that stuff was just... just plain bad. moffat era who might not be "fun", but it's quality tv. so far i can only think of 1 or 2 moffat era episodes i haven't liked, compared to 2 or 3 per series under RTD.

116378637.jpg

holy fandom crossover :rofl:

I'm going to get killed to death for this

Who's that?

Also, Sally Sparrow honorable mention? Say whaaaaaat?

I was just wondering the other day, how are the ratings for DW this season? Are they still good?

not sure about BBCA but for over here they have been alright not as high as last year

I was just wondering the other day, how are the ratings for DW this season? Are they still good?

The Impossible Astronaut ? 8.86 million

Day of the Moon ? 7.30 million

The Curse of the Black Spot ? 7.85 million

The Doctor?s Wife ? 7.97 million

The Rebel Flesh ? 7.35 million

The Almost People ? 6.72 million

A Good Man Goes to War ? 7.57 million

Note: these do not include iPlayer viewings.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-6-part-1-tv-ratings-21672.htm

Two BBC workers have said/confirmed that there will not be a FULL series run in 2012 :(. It'll either be specials like 2009 or some rumours are saying it could be Christmas Special only.

I haven't read anything about just a christmas special, I very much doubt BBC would go a whole year with no Doctor Who but one episode.

The way things sound, we will either be getting something like the 2009 specials but in 2012, or we will be getting the same as this year but the first half of however many episodes will be in 2012 and the second in 2013 leading up to the 50th anniversary.

The way things sound, we will either be getting something like the 2009 specials but in 2012, or we will be getting the same as this year but the first half of however many episodes will be in 2012 and the second in 2013 leading up to the 50th anniversary.

I never have understood why the BBC does these sort of things. It would kill a show in America if they tried that. Just what exactly is the purpose?

Doctor Who will not be returning for a full series in 2012, it has been revealed.

The Matt Smith sci-fi drama was recently renewed for 14 new episodes, although it was also suggested that only some of the commissioned episodes would be transmitted in 2012.

BBC One controller Danny Cohen has now confirmed at the Church and Media Conference that Doctor Who will not be back for a full-length series next year.

It was later clarified that some episodes will still go out in 2012 while others will be aired in 2013, potentially as part of a "special run" of anniversary episodes.

Digitalspy

Oh dear.

i am not against a shorter season it means better quality episodes (Y)

I'm not too sure. I personally preferred every full season individually that DT did so far as opposed to the 4 specials. Much prefer the continuing story lines that the staggered out ones.

i am not against a shorter season it means better quality episodes (Y)

From the sounds of it they arent going to be shorter seasons the full season is just going to be split over 2 years.

They should just do a Torchwood style mini series with a big arc.

From the sounds of it they arent going to be shorter seasons the full season is just going to be split over 2 years.

They should just do a Torchwood style mini series with a big arc.

yeah that's what I said a few pages back..it would work