[Official] Doctor Who Thread

It doesn?t take a huge stretch of the imagination to think that an episode of Doctor Who called Let?s Kill Hitler might just feature an appearance from the F?hrer himself.

And yes, the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that Adolf Hitler will most definitely turn up in episode 8 and he will be played by actor Albert Welling.

Welling was last seen in Ricky Gervais? 2010 film comedy Cemetery Junction.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/lets-kill-hitlers-hitler-22197.htm#ixzz1QlO0zIHH

:rofl:

Oh god, I'll forever associate 'Vogue' with the Weeping Angels.... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
There's a lot more Amy Pond to come.

When Zap2it met up with "Doctor Who" star Karen Gillan on the show's Comic-Con red carpet, one of the first things on our mind was if the recent Season 7 pick-up of 14 episodes would include her character.

"I am going to come back, yes," Gillan tells us. "That's the first time I've said that today!"

Up until now, only Doctor Matt Smith had been confirmed to reprise the titular role, and speculation that Gillan would be making way for another companion was further fueled last week when she was cast in the upcoming West End revival of the John Osborne play "Inadmissible Evidence."

But the role is clearly something she's holding onto -- especially after her first trip to Comic-Con.

"It's crazy," she says. "It's amazing. I can't believe the scale of it. People told us about it... I knew it was going to be a pretty big, but it's a whole town."

And that town is filled with a lot of "Who"-loving doppelgangers.

"The other day me and Matt ran into the Doctor and Amy," she says. "It's a really surreal experience. It's so exciting!"

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com...coming-back.html

Also returning on BBC One August 27th!

Lake Silencio, Utah ;)

Thanks! I was about to post these. Great trailer!

Churchill, Craig Owens, Cybermen, Face of Boe, Eye patch River Song?, Silence! Weeping Angles

Can't wait. :D

Thanks! I was about to post these. Great trailer!

Churchill, Craig Owens, Cybermen, Face of Boe, Eye patch River Song?, Silence! Weeping Angles

I saw someone suggest it before, but it seems far more likely now that the eye patch

is linked to the Silence in some way, suggesting that whatever is on the other side allows the user to see/remember them all the time without having to come in contact with them, which I guess would stop them being killed when seen, lol.

What is with this forums and subscription lately. I haven't been getting emails on this thread >.>.

Anyway, already pumped up for the next season. The trailer looks great!

Wrong direction to go, dump amy and rory they are dragging the show down. Looks like i wont be watching Dr Who anymore. The past half season has been crap.

I saw someone suggest it before, but it seems far more likely now that the eye patch

is linked to the Silence in some way, suggesting that whatever is on the other side allows the user to see/remember them all the time without having to come in contact with them, which I guess would stop them being killed when seen, lol.

Hmm, interesting. I haven't heard that before.

Series 6 Picture

whonew550.jpg

Hmm, interesting. I haven't heard that before.

Series 6 Picture

whonew550.jpg

Was just a theory I saw that I guess would make sense as a whole, lol.

And for a second I thought the Doctor stole Captain Jacks coat in that picture, lol.

Your Guide to the Rest of the Series

Episode 8: Let's Kill Hitler

Written by Steven Moffat

The gang's all back! The Doctor, Amy, River and Rory return in what promises to be an action-packed belter of an adventure. So far the following details have emerged:

'In the desperate search for Melody Pond, the TARDIS crash lands in 1930s Berlin, bringing the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler. The Doctor must teach his adversaries that time travel has responsibilities - and in so doing, learns a harsh lesson in the cruellest warfare of all.'

We also know it features Albert Welling as Hitler and is directed by Richard Senior, previously at the helm for Time and Space plus the Doctor Who pre-title sequence for this year's NTA awards.

Episode 9: Night Terrors

Written by Mark Gatiss

Mark Gatiss has previously written spooky episodes including The Unquiet Dead and The Idiot's Lantern, but he promises that Night Terrors features some of the scariest moments he's ever dreamt up!

The adventure has a modern day setting and features a little boy who has a fear of something... Can the Doctor help him?

Episode 10: The Girl Who Waited

Written by Tom MacRae

Tom MacRae's previous credits include The Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel plus the critically acclaimed The Crash of the Elysium. This is his first television adventure for the Eleventh Doctor and it's directed by Nick Hurran who was recently at the helm for the updated version of the cult classic, The Prisoner.

Episode 11: The God Complex

Written by Toby Whithouse

We know the adventure is set in a hotel and features an alien called Gibbis played by David Walliams.

Again, the episode is directed by Nick Hurran and as writer Toby Whithouse was behind School Reunion and The Vampires of Venice, we know we've got something special to look forward to!

Episode 12

Written by Gareth Roberts

Craig Owens is back! The popular character from last year's The Lodger returns and judging from the trailer for eps 8-13 he's getting closer than ever to the Doctor!

The adventure is written by Gareth Roberts whose credits include Attack of the Graske, The Unicorn and the Wasp and, of course, The Lodger.

Episode 13

Written by Steven Moffat

The big finale! This one remains shrouded in mystery but Karen Gillan has promised us that the series will contain 'possibly the biggest twist so far'... Is it possible that this is the adventure that delivers it? Steven Moffat penned last year's incredible finale but it's probable that this adventure will conclude the series with a bigger bang than ever!

The only big twist I could see at this point is him regenerating out of no where. Into a female doctor form no less! lol

But we know Matt will be back next series, so eh.

(Forgive the poor quality, first time actually trying to create a gif from video...)

l6w5e.gif

From Karen's latest appearance on Craig Ferguson - July 26, 2011.

Iv9ye.jpg

:wub: It's pictures like this that sometimes make me reconsider liking men. :laugh: