[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Well how does time work in Doctor Who anyway? They already created a type of paradox, under some models of time travel. They went back to save the past Amy with the help of the future Amy, and the future Amy only existed because they didn't save the past Amy. Saving the past Amy would mean none of that ever happened.

Time in Doctor Who works however it suits the story best really :p The writers aren't majorly concerned with the sci-fi continuity or rules. There's been a number of paradoxes in Doctro Who despite them not techincally being allowed.

Time in Doctor Who works however it suits the story best really :p The writers aren't majorly concerned with the sci-fi continuity or rules. There's been a number of paradoxes in Doctro Who despite them not techincally being allowed.

Yea, I think getting bogged down in real scientific explanations would ruin the point of the show, its essentially science fantasy, not science fiction. I'm just asking because of all of the worry in the last episode about "paradoxes", and its not really clear whats allowed and what isn't.

I just watched The Girl Who Waited, I found it rather emotionally well done. Especially the ending. Anyone catch the old Doctor Who theme playing when the Doctor linked up the time stream thingies in the Tardis? :D

Written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse, 'The God Complex' airs at 7.10pm on Saturday 10th September on BBC One. In the meantime, here are some teasing lines of dialogue from the episode...

? 'Your civilisation is one of the oldest in the galaxy.'

? 'Praise him.'

? 'You're doing it in your pants.'

? 'I don't see any huge hats.'

? 'This is not Earth.'

? 'Big day for a fan of walls.'

? 'Now you're... cooked?'

? 'I was blogging.'

? 'You are beautiful...'

? 'What do Time Lords pray to?'

Written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse, 'The God Complex' airs at 7.10pm on Saturday 10th September on BBC One. In the meantime, here are some hints for the episode...

? An item from 'Night Terrors' makes a return.

? We discover more about the Doctor's education

? Marcus Wilson is the new Hitchcock.

? She said the title of the episode!

? He said the title of last week's episode!

? The Sonic gets used for, erm, sonic things.

? 'The Eleventh Hour' is referenced. More than once.

? Turns out The Doctor is a fan of The Apprentice.

? Keep an eye out for some familiar aliens...

? The mop makes a return, but no fez.

Written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse, 'The God Complex' airs at 7.10pm on Saturday 10th September on BBC One. In the meantime, here are some teasing lines of dialogue from the episode...

Written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse, 'The God Complex' airs at 7.10pm on Saturday 10th September on BBC One. In the meantime, here are some hints for the episode...

Are you sure those dates are correct?

Yea, that was pretty good, I've enjoyed all the episodes this half of the series, they have been great.

Going to be interesting to see where this is going, only two episodes left, and one seemingly has nothing to do with the main plot going on, so that last episode I image is either going to explain a lot in a short time or it is going to answer a few and leave it open going into the next series.

Yeah, is that pretty much the last of Rory and Amy then? I assume we're still going to visit the Doctor's "death" shortly and they'll be part of that....

I'm pretty sure they said they are in the next series too, but it hasn't been said if they are as companions or not, I would assume seeing as River Song is no doubt going to be around next series that Amy and Rory are going to as well.

But they will be there when the Doctor dies, considering what he has been told up to now, he knows that they see him die and that they were versions of his current companions, so I would assume he knows that they wouldn't be with him when it happened.