[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Another good filler episode. I'm enjoying the second part of the season much more than the first!

Notice the cast o_o

Sweet! :D

Well, maybe. I think she's great, but they did tie her story up pretty neatly already. I wonder how they're bringing her back.

Edit: Ooh, I just noticed John Simm too. Donna and the Master, this could be epic. Then again it could be a boring flashback.

it's got to be flashback!

---

Ten Tidbits from this week!

? Matt Smith's fondness for Troughton is on show.

? Someone's been reading up on The Doctor.

? 'Doomsday' is referenced.

? The Doctor displays a fondness for a former "companion".

? A language understood in 'A Good Man Goes To War' returns.

? Star Trek, Britain's Got Talent and Top Model are all mentioned!

? The Doctor has a new trick.

? Someone has become famous.

? Two different moments from the 1996 TV movie are replayed.

? Is the Sonic an Apple product?

and Quotes!

? 'You don't need to number food.'

? 'What are you not telling me?

? 'I've had some wonderful feedback.'

? 'You always survive.'

? 'Metal rat, real mouth.'

? 'I am so old.'

? 'You can't help who your mates are.'

? 'I always knew I'd die asking.'

? 'Well, well, well. You have been busy.'

? 'You have failed, Doctor.'

Production has started on the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special in which the Doctor (Matt Smith) finds himself in war-torn England embarking on a magical and mysterious adventure with a young widow and her two children.

A stellar guest cast including Claire Skinner (Outnumbered), Bill Bailey (Black Books), Arabella Weir (The Fast Show) and Alexander Armstrong (Armstrong & Miller), join Matt Smith in the emotional festive special, packed full of Christmas thrills and chills.

Steven Moffat, Lead Writer and Executive Producer, commented: "The Doctor at Christmas ? nothing is more fun to write. Maybe because it's so his kind of day ? everything's bright and shiny, everybody's having a laugh, and nobody minds if you wear a really stupid hat. Of all the Doctors, Matt Smith's is the one that was born for this time of year ? so it's the best news possible that he's heading back down the chimney."

The special, set during the Second World War, sees Madge Arwell and her two children, Lily and Cyril, evacuated to a draughty old house in Dorset, where the caretaker is a mysterious young man in a bow tie, and a big blue parcel is waiting for them under the tree. They are about to enter a magical new world and learn that a Time Lord never forgets his debts.

Claire Skinner said: "I am thrilled to be in Doctor Who playing Madge who is a bit of super-mum. It's a magical part."

This marks Matt Smith's second outing as the Doctor at Christmas time and will follow hot on the heels of the successful 2011 series, currently airing on BBC One until October.

The Christmas Special was commissioned by Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama and Danny Cohen, Controller BBC One. Steven Moffat is Lead Writer and Executive Producer with Piers Wenger and Caroline Skinner, also executive producing.

Filming on the Christmas special will continue until mid-October 2011

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/doctor-who-christmas-special-starring.html#ixzz1Yad9rmOt

I thought each room was supposed to be your fears so my thoughts were:

The Master - as the doctor always feared being alone

The time Vortex - as the doctor supposedly ran away crying when he saw it as a child

His companions - as he is always afraid of loosing them, which is why he dropped off Amy and Rory

I expect Amy will return (sadly) but its a shame to see Rory go :(

We thought it was fear at first but then we find out it wasn't, it was faith, and I figure the doctor has faith in himself and his abilities more than anything. Hey, maybe I'm wrong.