[Official] Doctor Who Thread

post-197671-0-40435500-1343928531_thumb.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2012/post-197671-0-45218600-1343928546.png (edited: circumventing swear filter)

Found this after the trailer was posted. :rofl:

There's a handful of other good ones here, too.

---

post-197671-0-82286500-1343928786.gif

---

Also can I just say

zCipO.gif

9NcaD.gif

Baby Weeping Angels?! Weeping Cherubs? Oh man. So creepy.

post-197671-0-45218600-1343928546.png

621907_142873039184851_1110302582_o.jpg

Ok, if the Daleks kill Amy, that's going to be the end of them. Nobody messes with Rory's woman and gets away with it!

Richard E Grant (Withnail & I) is set to star in this year?s Christmas episode of Doctor Who, the has BBC announced.

Yesterday evening, show's official Twitter feed set off a speculation frenzy by tweeting: ?Casting news! An iconic star will be appearing in #DoctorWho and we?ve been granted permission to reveal who at midnight? See you at 00:00!?

55-year-old Grant begins filming his scenes this week, and has said he?s ?honoured? to be in the special, which will see Jenna-Louise Coleman make her debut as the Doctor?s new companion.

Silent Witness star Tom Ward, who has starred in BBC One's crime drama since 2002, will also be guest starring in the episode.

Many of you may recognise Richard E Grant as the unofficial ?Lick-the-mirror handsome? 10th Doctor from 1999's Red Nose Day spoof Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death, written by Steven Moffat himself. Grant starred alongside Julia Sawalha and Jonathan Price as the short-lived incarnation before being blown up and replaced with Jim Broadbent.

Grant also portrayed what was originally supposed to be the official ninth Doctor before the show?s revival in 2003?s animated online drama Scream of the Shalka alongside Sophie Okonedo and David Tennant, who both went on to star in the revival years later.

Though no details over the exact nature of the role have been released yet, rumours are circulating that he?ll be playing a villain, and with such a great actor, it?d be a shame to waste his talents on a secondary role. We?re probably not the first to say this, but we?re going to stir up the rumour mill here by simply saying, The Master?

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/4380-richard-e-grant-to-appear-in-doctor-who-christmas-special

David Tennant has addressed rumours that he will return to Doctor Who.

The BBC sci-fi drama celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2013, with a number of former Who stars rumoured to be making a comeback.

Tennant discussed a possible reappearance on G4's Attack of the Show! while promoting his new BBC Four drama The Spies Of Warsaw.

"I cannot be drawn on anything," he said. "Who knows what will happen next year? I'm sure there are lots of plans being discussed."

He added: "I am not confirming nor denying anything."

Tennant's Tenth Doctor - the show's lead between 2005 and 2010 - was seen lighting the Olympic Flame in 2006 episode 'Fear Her'.

The 41-year-old Scot joked about his absence from the recent London 2012 opening ceremony, saying: "What happened? What went wrong? I was waiting for the phone call... there was an online petition apparently, which the London Organising Committee chose to ignore!"

Doctor Who returns to BBC One this August for a third series with current star Matt Smith.

I know this may sound gross, but the thought of Tennant returning for the 50th anniversary in any capacity at all, made my pants expand rapidly. Does that make me a fanboy or, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE JUST DONE!!!!!

It's pretty obvious he'd HAVE to be in there someplace, along with Eccelston if they can manage that. I mean, they aren't going to get Tom Baker in there or Sylvestor McCoy etc. Most of the people watching now probably have no clue who those Doctor's are, let alone they even existed. Unless they are old enough to have seen them, or use the internets to watch old episodes. Either way, having ANY of the previous Docs show up would be awesome.

/happy dance

Sherlock and Who-writer Mark Gatiss has confirmed he?s writing a drama about the creation of Doctor Who?

It?s the news we thought we saw coming a few weeks ago: writer and actor Mark Gatiss (The League Of Gentlemen, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Being Human...) confirmed this morning that he is indeed writing a drama about the inception of Doctor Who.

On Twitter today, after yesterday's short tease promising "Very exciting announcement coming soon?" Gatiss typed the following message:"'One day, I shall come back'. Thrilled to announce I?m writing a long-cherished drama about the creation of Doctor Who!"

The 90-minute drama forms part of the BBC's 2013 Doctor Who 50th anniversary celebration, and will follow in the footsteps of the Beeb's previous 'making-of' period dramas including 2008's The Curse Of Steptoe, 2010's excellent The Road To Coronation Street, and 2011 Morecambe and Wise biopic, Eric And Ernie.

Provisionally titled An Adventure In Space And Time, Gatiss is writing the script, which will be overseen by Steven Moffat and Who producer Caroline Skinner. In addition to his writing credits and appearances on post-2005 Doctor Who, Gatiss has also worked on Big Finish audio stories and the P.R.O.B.E spin-off VHS series.

"This is the story of how an unlikely set of brilliant people created a true television original" Gatiss told the Radio Times, "And how an actor - William Hartnell - stereotyped in hard-man roles became a hero to millions of children. I've wanted to tell this story for more years than I can remember! To make it happen for Doctor Who's 50th birthday is quite simply a dream come true."

There's plenty of scope in the real-life run-up to Doctor Who's 1963 debut, including budgetary problems, the now-familiar controversy over the show's scare-factor, the ground-breaking work of producer Verity Lambert, and more.

We'll bring you casting news on who'll be playing Hartnell, Nation et al as soon as we have it, though we may have sniffed out a clue as to one possible cast-member. In what could be an unrelated exchange (but we're very much hoping isn't), Mark Gatiss told Sherlock actress Louise Brealey yesterday to "Wait. Wait" when she asked Twitter to cast her in a marvellous TV part. Could Gatiss already have his Verity Lambert in mind?

I remember no one liked Karen Gillan at first and in the end alot were won round (some weren't lol)

Pfffft, I like Rory way more than Amy. And that's due to the actors specifically. Not that I find Karen ugly or anything, far from it. I just find her, annoying? Arthur on the other hand, is so funny and subtle with his humor sometimes. Also, if you watched that CC panel they did, Arthur seemed STONED off his ass the entire time :D

Really under wowed by the new companion, I'd almost go as far as to say she's ugly

:/

To quote The 10th Doctor ... "What? WHAT? WHAAAT?!?"

Are you blind?!? She's gorgeous! At the very least, she's very pretty, a sweet "girl next door" type.

But ugly?!? No way! If they'd picked someone like Katie Price, then I would agree ... that IS ugly!