[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I'm not 100% sure but I thought the regeneration limit was something set by the timelords.  It's not like they are around anymore to stop someone from changings a certain timelord's life span.  it's all energy afterall.

I've not seen any conjecture of this, but does anyone think it might be possible that Hurt is portraying the FIRST doctor in the special?  That middle shot above kinda reminds me a little of Hartnell...

Moffat also took some time to tease the fanbase once more with another cryptic statement on the regeneration limit:

Moffat today confirmed of the Doctor, ?He can only regenerate 12 times?, while simultaneously suggesting there has been a miscalculation of how many regenerations he has actually been through.

?I think you should go back to your DVDs and count correctly this time,? said Moffat, ?there?s something you?ve all missed.?

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-capaldis-costume-regeneration-limit-53937.htm

?I had an initial contact with Chris [Eccleston] and, in a very amiable and gentlemanly way, he didn?t feel that he could come back to it.

He adds: ?There wasn?t any big fuss about it ? I had a couple of meetings with him, and he was perfectly pleasant, and indeed quite enthused about the show, but he just doesn?t do that, it?s just not him.?

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-why-eccleston-turned-down-50th-53906.htm

Ben Wheatley to Direct first 2 Episodes

Ben Wheatley will direct the first two episodes of BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who.

The director, known for his unsettling, macabre and darkly-comic style in films such as Sightseers and Kill List, confirmed the news to ScreenDaily.

Wheatley will direct the episodes for series eight through December and into the new year for transmission in autumn 2014.

It will see the filmmaker direct Peter Capaldi, the Thick of It star who was confirmed in August to take the role from outgoing Matt Smith.

?I am very excited and honoured to be asked to direct the first two episodes of the new series of Doctor Who. I?ve been a fan since childhood (Tom Baker is my Doctor if you are asking),? Wheatley told Screendaily. ?I?ve been watching the current run of Doctor who with my son and have discovered it all over again. The work that has been done is amazing. I?m really looking forward to working with Peter Capaldi and finding out where Steven Moffat is planning to take the new Doctor,? .

One of the UK?s most distinctive film voices with a large cult following, Wheatley?s attachment will likely excite fans of the director and the classic British series.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/doctor-who-season-8-ben-wheatley-to.html

Wait, what? The new series isn't going to air until Fall 2014? Or is that sentence badly worded, or am I dumb or something? Help.

Nope Christmas special and then nothing till next Fall

Wow seriously? A 9-10 month gap? Are they crazy? Are they trying to kill off Doctor Who again or something? I mean, I know here in the US we have some weird season setups that you guys in Europe probably aren't used to and all, but such a long gap normally kills a series off here (normally).

Wow seriously? A 9-10 month gap? Are they crazy? Are they trying to kill off Doctor Who again or something? I mean, I know here in the US we have some weird season setups that you guys in Europe probably aren't used to and all, but such a long gap normally kills a series off here (normally).

I think it was down to Capaldis schedule and the filming dates

It's so stupid - they get the momentum up with the 50th and Xmas special, then trash it again with such a huge gap. 

I think it was down to Capaldis schedule and the filming dates

Well he's not exactly a house hold name (even in the UK I imagine?) yet, so unless he's booked for 15 BBC movies or something :P

Plus, frankly, if I was the head producer on the show and in negotiations with Peter and everything was laid out in front of me and I saw a near 1 year gap in new episodes for the BBC One flagship show (it still is the flagship show, right?) I'd either renegotiate with Peter etc, or find someone else who could do things faster than that with a clearer schedule. Sure, I don't know the specifics of this, what the BBC wanted etc, but come on.

In that season will also be Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Commander Strax, who are confirmed to be returning in season 8. Neve McIntosh has said:

We'll be helping the Doctor more, but I can't say anything else.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/27678/doctor-who-returning-characters-confirmed-for-series-8

In that season will also be Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Commander Strax, who are confirmed to be returning in season 8. Neve McIntosh has said:

We'll be helping the Doctor more, but I can't say anything else.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/27678/doctor-who-returning-characters-confirmed-for-series-8

They are cool but only for one or two episodes, they shouldnt be used too much or they become boring.

Man, has there been one single shot released of Billie Piper in the episode yet? She's either got a pretty small role in it, or they are just stingy with the screens :D