[Official] Doctor Who Thread

When will see the trailer?

In a interview conducted earlier in October, Moffat told the Radio Times that is was still ?too early to put it on.?

He jested: ?If it were up to me, the BBC would only publicise Doctor Who and Sherlock. However, in their biased and wrong-headed view, they have a number of shows on before Sherlock and Doctor Who that they have to publicise now, so they?re waiting to publicise Doctor Who and Sherlock until later.

?I agree it is a crime! Who cares about those other shows? I don?t! But I have to wait in line, so the reason you haven?t see the 50th trailer yet is it?s too early to put it on. But it?s not going to be very much longer??

Source Article

Steven Moffat has revealed that Matt Smith and David Tennant loved working together so much in The Day of the Doctor, that the pair would have liked to have done more episodes together.

He told the Radio Times: ?They got on like a couple of old women. They just say in the corner and gossiped the entire time. By the end of it, Matt told me that he?d worked out this plan that they?d both continue in Doctor Who: do five individual episodes each and three together ? would that be ok? It was a nice plan. I think if I?d said yes they?d have gone for it.?

Moffat added: ?The double act between them is sublime. It?s one of those happy accidents ? there?s no reason why they should be, but they are absolutely adorable and hilarious together.?

?David and Matt, I think? were both quite apprehensive of the other. David?s continued to watch Doctor Who like the sad old fan he is and so as far as he?s concerned Matt?s the Doctor. And of course for Matt, you don?t believe yourself you?re the Doctor, you just think David?s the Doctor. So they were both slightly nervous and slightly apprehensive.?

Source Article

The Science of Doctor Who Details & Air Date

2APLwt5.png

Further details and the airdate have been announced for The Science of Doctor Who, one of the special programmes to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

For one night only, Professor Brian Cox explores the universe of the world?s favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who.

Brian takes an audience, with the help of celebrity guests, on a journey into the wonderful universe of The Doctor, in a specially recorded programme from the lecture theatre of the Royal Institution of Great Britain.

Brian reveals the science behind the spectacle and explains the physics that allows Doctor Who to travel through space and time. Fun, but filled with real science, it?s a special night for Who fans as well anyone with a thirst for understanding.

Brian is in the unique position of knowing The Doctor?s universe inside out as well as the reality behind the drama. When the TARDIS travels through time and space, Brian understands the physics involved. And when it comes to life on other planets, Brian knows the real science that could prove extra-terrestrial life might just really exist in our galaxy.

The show airs Thursday 14 November at 9pm on BBC2.

Steven Moffat has revealed that Matt Smith and David Tennant loved working together so much in The Day of the Doctor, that the pair would have liked to have done more episodes together.

He told the Radio Times: ?They got on like a couple of old women. They just say in the corner and gossiped the entire time. By the end of it, Matt told me that he?d worked out this plan that they?d both continue in Doctor Who: do five individual episodes each and three together ? would that be ok? It was a nice plan. I think if I?d said yes they?d have gone for it.?

Moffat added: ?The double act between them is sublime. It?s one of those happy accidents ? there?s no reason why they should be, but they are absolutely adorable and hilarious together.?

?David and Matt, I think? were both quite apprehensive of the other. David?s continued to watch Doctor Who like the sad old fan he is and so as far as he?s concerned Matt?s the Doctor. And of course for Matt, you don?t believe yourself you?re the Doctor, you just think David?s the Doctor. So they were both slightly nervous and slightly apprehensive.?

Source Article

That would have been so good.  Imagine an arc where they had to both do that.

By the end of it, Matt told me that he?d worked out this plan that they?d both continue in Doctor Who: do five individual episodes each and three together ? would that be ok? It was a nice plan. I think if I?d said yes they?d have gone for it.?

That would be like a dream come true.

With Peter Capaldi's first series as The Doctor still very far away, news is hard to come by - however, a listing for one of Blue Peter's live shows celebrating the 50th Anniversary has revealed the tiniest of details for an upcoming episode via the details of a viewer competition.

One of many collaborations between the two shows - Blue Peter competition winners were responsible for the creation of the Abzorbaloff design from 2006's Love & Monsters, as well as the Junkyard TARDIS from The Doctor's Wife - this new competition tasks Blue Peter viewers to design 'sonic devices' for the three members of the Paternoster Gang: Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Strax the Sontaran.

Neve McIntosh had already confirmed that there were plans for the trio to return next year in an interview with Flicks and The City. "It will be sad not to be working with Matt again but I?m really looking forward to Peter taking over and seeing what he does with it. We?ll be helping the Doctor more, but I can?t say anything else."

The official synopsis for the 50th anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor, has been released by the BBC.

The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special. In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London?s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor?s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

Written by Steven Moffat

Directed by Nick Hurran

Executive produced by Steven Moffat and Faith Penhale

Produced by Marcus Wilson

Stars: Matt Smith, David Tennant and Jenna Coleman with Billie Piper and John Hurt

Neve McIntosh had already confirmed that there were plans for the trio to return next year in an interview with Flicks and The City. "

I'm glad. I love them. They would be great companions. 

TRAILER NEWS! The official trailer for 'The Day of the Doctor' will air at 8pm on BBC One this Saturday. Mark it in your diaries!

david-tennant-doctor-who.gif