[Official] Doctor Who Thread

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/v/TVNews/HollywoodDocketDocto2/?KSID=cb076b7cd0aa2b1d872449fef4d26e9e&type_specific=

Doctor Who is celebrating its 50th anniversary as an iconic science fiction television series, so what better way to mark the occasion by looking back at the work of Tony Coburn, who wrote the first episode?

In fact, the writer's son Stef Coburn has launched a provocative copyright claim that argues that "Tardis," the time machine that looks like a blue police phone box, no longer belongs to the BBC.

The senior Coburn says that after his father died in 1977, rights reverted to the family. Any informal permission to use Tardis expired by now, according to Coburn's copyright claim, obtained by The Independent.

Doctor Who lasted for a record 26 seasons in its original incarnation, spawned a feature film and has been running again in new form on the BBC since 2005.

The BBC is reportedly investigating the complaint but has noted that there haven't been any challenges since a copyright registration in the 1980s.

I hope they show this at the beginning of the 50th Anniversary special.

Now they need to show the regeneration from Hurt to Eccleston.

At least we were correct about John Hurt being Doctor 8.5

Firstly, OMG wow. 

Secondly, they need to get this on TV before the 50th, otherwise people that don't search forums are going to be clueless about the reason he changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, OMG wow. 

Secondly, they need to get this on TV before the 50th, otherwise people that don't search forums are going to be clueless about the reason he changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have posted it all over the place, on nearly every social network and they have advertisements in papers and on television pointing people to where to find the video. but i agrree it should be played before the episode.

Is it wrong I want more Doctor Who episodes with Paul Mcgann

no, no it isn't i honestly thought it was a Very good doctor, and then i enjoyed watching him in Luther. he needs more airtime lol.

no, no it isn't i honestly thought it was a Very good doctor, and then i enjoyed watching him in Luther. he needs more airtime lol.

His time in Luther really made me wish the BBC had kept Dr 8 going

His time in Luther really made me wish the BBC had kept Dr 8 going

Yeah I thought his little minisode here was really good, maybe someone online can do some fan films with him that would be cool. It was nice Moffat wrote that minisode as well

Yeah I thought his little minisode here was really good, maybe someone online can do some fan films with him that would be cool. It was nice Moffat wrote that minisode as well

He's been in quite a few Dr Who audio adventures from Big Finish Productions.  Seeing as he named several of his companions from those stories in this minisode, I guess they're now considered canon!

He's been in quite a few Dr Who audio adventures from Big Finish Productions.  Seeing as he named several of his companions from those stories in this minisode, I guess they're now considered canon!

Yeah gotta listen to those! I am just pleased he got his chance to show the end of his story