[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Bid the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, a fond farewell in this hour long retrospective documentary special about Doctor Who Series five, six and seven ? ?the Matt Smith Years.? This compelling documentary, narrated by Alex Kingston (River Song), features highlights from Smith?s run with interview footage from the man himself, his cast-mates, writers, producers, guest stars and celebrity Whovians.

Doctor Who: Farewell to Matt Smith premieres Dec 25 at 8pm ET on BBC AMERICA.

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat announced today that next year's series will air as a continuous run.

Speaking at the BFI's Eleventh Doctor celebration event in London this afternoon, attended by CultBox, Moffat confirmed explicitly: "There'll be no split."

Series 6 was split between the spring and autumn of 2011, while Series 7 was split between 2012 and 2013.

Series 8 begins filming later this month and is expected to start airing on BBC One in August 2014.

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat announced today that next year's series will air as a continuous run.

Speaking at the BFI's Eleventh Doctor celebration event in London this afternoon, attended by CultBox, Moffat confirmed explicitly: "There'll be no split."

Series 6 was split between the spring and autumn of 2011, while Series 7 was split between 2012 and 2013.

Series 8 begins filming later this month and is expected to start airing on BBC One in August 2014.

Very good to hear that they are not splitting it up. I know that is a big turn off for a lot of people because they cannot remember what was going on and to them it just makes the show difficult to watch.

Also August, is just in time for my birthday.

They cite a ?BBC source? for the info stating:

The decision over the costume was ultimately made by a combination of Capaldi himself, executive producer Brian Minchin, showrunner Steven Moffat and senior members of the art team and had to be approved by senior BBC executives.

Capaldi?s costume mixes old and new ? is a ?bit old fashioned to denote the fact that he is the oldest Doctor? but is also ?looking to the future as well? says the well-placed sourced.

Wait, is "showrunner" something specific in BBC/UK TV? Because I just thought he was the executive producer, but Brian Minchin is mentioned as the executive producer of the show...I'm confused - what is happening!

Wait, is "showrunner" something specific in BBC/UK TV? Because I just thought he was the executive producer, but Brian Minchin is mentioned as the executive producer of the show...I'm confused - what is happening!

"Showrunner" is a term originating in the United States television industry referring to the person who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a television series?although such persons are generally credited as an executive producer or supervising producer.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrunner :-)

They cite a ?BBC source? for the info stating:

The decision over the costume was ultimately made by a combination of Capaldi himself, executive producer Brian Minchin, showrunner Steven Moffat and senior members of the art team and had to be approved by senior BBC executives.

Capaldi?s costume mixes old and new ? is a ?bit old fashioned to denote the fact that he is the oldest Doctor? but is also ?looking to the future as well? says the well-placed sourced.

Can't wait to see that. I wonder if he is going to pattern himself after the first Doctor? 

Peter Jackson's in 'serious' discussions to direct Doctor Who

Src

As long as he doesn't write the episode, then that'll be okay I guess. As long as it doesn't turn out to be a 6 hour episode of New Zealand scenery. I want the Doctor, not the nature/travel channel.

• Like 2

As long as he doesn't write the episode, then that'll be okay I guess. As long as it doesn't turn out to be a 6 hour episode of New Zealand scenery. I want the Doctor, not the nature/travel channel.

I'm sorry, you're against a 6 hour long Dr Who episode?! The longer the better

Go watch "The War Games" or a reconstruction of "The Dalek Master Plan" and let me know.

I like the War Games, but 10 episodes of the classic series - 5 hours - is a bit much for one sitting.

And Master Plan is 12 episodes.

Quote from the Christmas Special:

CLARA: ?But you don?t die. You change ? you pop right back with a new face.?

THE DOCTOR: ?Not forever. I can change 12 times. 13 versions of me. 13 silly Doctors.?

CLARA: ?But you?re number eleven, so -?

THE DOCTOR: ?Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy? I didn?t call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.?

Go watch "The War Games" or a reconstruction of "The Dalek Master Plan" and let me know.

I like the War Games, but 10 episodes of the classic series - 5 hours - is a bit much for one sitting.

And Master Plan is 12 episodes.

I really do need to go back and watch the older stuff, maybe too much for one sitting you are right.

Not if Peter Jackson did it, no thanks! Some times less is more, and with Jackson, trust me, less is definitely more.