[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Quote from the Christmas Special:

CLARA: ?But you don?t die. You change ? you pop right back with a new face.?

THE DOCTOR: ?Not forever. I can change 12 times. 13 versions of me. 13 silly Doctors.?

CLARA: ?But you?re number eleven, so -?

THE DOCTOR: ?Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy? I didn?t call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.?

So Moffett Is forcing a resolution to the issue now so future producers/story editors/whatever can just keep it going? Sounds good to me. :jump:

It'll be the most memorable!

Not sold on this though :rofl:

Clipboard01.png

she is the wicked which and she is about to send her flying monkeys after the tardis.

IL84.jpg

Matt is naked because he is going to a church in the sky where you are expected not to go clothed, according to the Mirror.

:|

Does Jenna go too  :shiftyninja:

• Like 3

So Moffett Is forcing a resolution to the issue now so future producers/story editors/whatever can just keep it going? Sounds good to me. :jump:

Then again...   2 things

1. Didn't THE MASTER have more than 13?

2.  We don't know what happened after River gave herself up - During "Let's Kill Hitler" ?    He may have originally had 13  but we don't know if her life force added a few .

Then again we still have some unanswered questions though....

Who is the parent of "GRANDDAUGHTER" from the first DR.  

Then also ...  remember ...   The second to third was a forced regeneration.. not to mention there are other ways of the story staying on the air.

And - we still don't know how the Doctor's timeline shifts after NOT destroying his homeworld?  

Then also - What if ... just a what if...   What we think of as the first is really not the first?   (They could rewind and reboot the series with new actors playing the Old roles)

Imagine if the Actor that played the first Doctor or the Second one from ... The time and space one (you know the history of the Doctor) after all we saw M.S. standing there...  that we spun the series back into the first from the last. Where we travel to Trenzalore then it resets his life to the begin...

Then again...   2 things

1. Didn't THE MASTER have more than 13?

2.  We don't know what happened after River gave herself up - During "Let's Kill Hitler" ?    He may have originally had 13  but we don't know if her life force added a few .

Then again we still have some unanswered questions though....

Who is the parent of "GRANDDAUGHTER" from the first DR.  

Then also ...  remember ...   The second to third was a forced regeneration.. not to mention there are other ways of the story staying on the air.

And - we still don't know how the Doctor's timeline shifts after NOT destroying his homeworld?  

Then also - What if ... just a what if...   What we think of as the first is really not the first?   (They could rewind and reboot the series with new actors playing the Old roles)

Imagine if the Actor that played the first Doctor or the Second one from ... The time and space one (you know the history of the Doctor) after all we saw M.S. standing there...  that we spun the series back into the first from the last. Where we travel to Trenzalore then it resets his life to the begin...

The Master seems to have regained the ability to regenerate somehow - he was restored somehow at some point after the TV movie. Until that point, we'd seen him taking extreme measures to survive - often possessing bodies.

After 50 years, I doubt we're going to find out about Susan's parents. Unless Moffett thinks he can get a good story out of it, of course. I'd love to see Susan come back, and as a Gallifreyan, she wouldn't necessarily have to be played by Carole Ann Ford, although that would be a nice plus.

The 2nd to third was actually referred to as "changing your appearance" Maybe it wasn't a true regeneration at all? But I tend to think it is - Jon's always been treated as a distinct incarnation, rather than "2.1". Basically the writers hadn't standardized the term "regeneration" for "swapping out the lead actor" yet.

I'm thinking the Doctor's life cycle will somehow be reset, so that Capaldi will be biologically a "new" 1st Doctor but with the memories and experience of his previous life(s)

Or Moffett will come up with a totally unexpected resolution. 

I'm pretty sure I remember the Master saying the Time Lords just reset his regenerations when they made him fight in the Time War. Or maybe I'm just going insane and made that up :|