[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Is Paul going to be in the next series? Or was he just visiting the set etc? I would love for him to be involved in the next series, he's a terrific actor for starters and such an underrated Doctor imo.

Is Paul going to be in the next series? Or was he just visiting the set etc? I would love for him to be involved in the next series, he's a terrific actor for starters and such an underrated Doctor imo.

The talk is he took that when he filmed his webisode

1012154_723593570994397_18804758_n.jpg

Line of Duty star Keeley Hawes is to join the cast of Doctor Who. Starring opposite the Doctor, Hawes will guest star for one episode in Peter Capaldi's first ever series as the Time Lord.

Hawes will play Ms Delphox, a powerful out of this world character with a dark secret. Travelling across space and time the Twelfth Doctor and his companion, Clara Oswald will come face to face with the mysterious Ms Delphox when they arrive on a strange and puzzling planet.

In my opinion, they have moved it so far away.  Feels like they really don't care about fans. just shedules... don't know why Im surprised with the BBC.

In my opinion, they have moved it so far away.  Feels like they really don't care about fans. just shedules... don't know why Im surprised with the BBC.

Yeah it will feel like a complete year when it returns :(

• 2 weeks later...

iclF4.jpg

Doctor Who: Tom Riley to star in Mark Gatiss-penned episode

Tom Riley is to guest star in the upcoming series of Doctor Who.

The 32-year-old actor, who has appeared in Da Vinci's Demons, Monroe and Twenty Twelve, will beginning filming the Mark Gatiss-penned episode soon.

Further character and plot details have yet to be confirmed.

Last week, Gatiss revealed on Twitter that he is writing two new Doctor Who episodes.

Saw this one in my feed.... and this one is too good not to share-

1375963_911055315590589_1615259409_n.jpg

\Though that might be a good plot twist.... where he goes back to the begin of  Baseball...or we find that he taught someone like Babe Ruth to hit the ball.

luuich.png

Ben Miller is set to guest star opposite Peter Capaldi when the new series of Doctor Who returns this autumn.

Commenting on his role, Ben Miller says: "As a committed Whovian I cannot believe my luck in joining the Twelfth Doctor for one of his inaugural adventures. My only worry is that they'll make me leave the set when I'm not filming."

Miller achieved fame as half of comedy duo Armstrong and Miller before success in dramas, including Primeval and, more recently, as DI Richard Poole, the central character in the first two series of the BBC?s Death In Paradise.

Miller?s partner in comedy, Alexander Armstrong, appeared in Doctor Who?s 2011 Christmas Special, playing Reg Arwell, but it?s Miller?s first time on the show and he?ll be starring in an episode written by Mark Gatiss.

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, adds: ?Mark Gatiss has written us a storming villain for his new episode, and with Capaldi in the TARDIS, we knew we needed somebody special to send everybody behind the sofa. And quite frankly, it's about time Ben Miller was in Doctor Who!?

Other familiar faces confirmed to join Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in the new series, which will TX on BBC One later this year, include Tom Riley and Keeley Hawes.

Source

• 1 month later...

:wub:  I hope she stays on for more than 1 season with Capaldi.

Apparently BBC have been shown the first few eps with Capaldi and it's meant to be the best Who yet

• Like 2

Source?

The BBC is said to be ?delighted? and "thrilled" with the first episodes of Peter Capaldi?s Doctor Who.

Around five are understood to have been completed and a source on the show says that Capaldi looks on course to ?make one of the best Doctors ever?.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-05-08/doctor-who-bbc-said-to-be-thrilled-with-early-peter-capaldi-episodes

I need to remember I promised myself I'd actually watch Dr Who this season. 

I liked some of the last 2 seasons (especially Karen Gillan) ..and I was a big fan of Dr Who in the 80s. 

Didn't like Ecclestone or Tennant much in the few episodes I saw and I detested that guttermouth comedian that was a companion.