[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Ecclestone was good, but Tennant became my all time favorite personally. Smith never 'clicked' for me.

No one will ever beat Karen Gillan..... ever. /end

Ecclestone was good, but Tennant became my all time favorite personally. Smith never 'clicked' for me.

No one will ever beat Karen Gillan..... ever. /end

Tennant is still my fav. Smith neither clicked for me either.

Karen Gillan didnt work w/ me either. I thought she was generally boring and annoying.

Matt Smith: "I totally will" be back in Doctor Who

We haven't even seen a full episode featuring his successor Peter Capaldi, and Matt Smith is already talking about making his Doctor Who comeback...

The star has been in touch with showrunner Steven Moffat asking how long he has to wait and says he'd love to do another multiple Doctors story following the success of 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor, in which he appeared alongside his predecessor David Tennant and newly revealed 'War Doctor" John Hurt.

"I?m just waiting for the next anniversary," Smith told the Calgary Expo. "I spoke to Steven the other day and said ?what?s the quickest one we can do???

?I love the idea of other Doctors coming back. Also that gives me the opportunity to come back, which I totally will by the way!?

In the meantime, though, Smith has been busy adding more strings to his acting bow, with the lead role in the West End musical adaptation of American Psycho and another apparently equally unhinged part in Ryan Gosling's controversial movie Lost River.

Peter Capaldi makes his full debut as the Doctor when the series returns to BBC1 this autumn.

Source

Might be kind of strange though if they do it.  Unless they pull a whole... past ones forget the experience thing again. (Hurt, and Tennant "forgot" upon returning to the proper time streams in the 50th.)

Yeah, I knew there was another one I couldn't remember, that was it! Heh.

I wonder if those suits are related then to any of those episodes, or that's just the design they are using for "space" episodes going forward. You know, we never did see the Doctor send River to the Library. Even though they touched on her death etc, so maybe Capaldi's Doctor is the one who does it? Can't really drag that out much longer, people won't remember it heh.

very excited. woot woot :P and my birthday is in August :D

BBC nearly cancelled Doctor Who after David Tennant left the cast in 2009

"I think there were plans maybe to consider ending it," Steven Moffat said at the Hay Festival.

"David owned that role in a spectacular way, gave it an all-new cheeky sexy performance and became a national treasure," he added. "So the idea that Doctor Who could go on at all in the absence of David was a huge question."

Tennant was my favorite. I binge watched the series but had to stop for like over a year when his run ended. Just couldn't accept a new guy..

ihBE.jpg

The BBC have announced that human female singer/songwriter Foxes is to star in an episode of Doctor Who Series 8

The English twenty-five year old will also perform a song in an upcoming story starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman.

Foxes said: "I can't believe I'm actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! Especially as it all came about from a chance meeting. I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show's production team who'd been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it. I couldn't think of a better place to make my acting debut than on one of the UK's most iconic shows!"

Earlier today, she told BBC Radio 1, "I filmed it yesterday... it was good fun." Current showrunner Steven Moffat said: "We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board ... well, you'll see. Let's just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls."

BBC nearly cancelled Doctor Who after David Tennant left the cast in 2009

"I think there were plans maybe to consider ending it," Steven Moffat said at the Hay Festival.

"David owned that role in a spectacular way, gave it an all-new cheeky sexy performance and became a national treasure," he added. "So the idea that Doctor Who could go on at all in the absence of David was a huge question."

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Changing the lead actor in Doctor Who is not only proven to be successful, it's a tradition!

If any Doctor would have been "irreplaceable" it would have been the iconic Tom Baker, and they found an adequate successor for him. Why would Tennant have been any different?

Tennant is the best of the new series Doctors so far (waiting to see Capaldi in action to form an opinion), but he's by no means the definitive Doctor. (To my mind that's Jon Pertwee, and even he was replaceable.)

• Like 1