[Official] Doctor Who Thread

For the 2 classic ones I mentioned, they're not episodes, they're more like "mini-series".. In those days, they split 1 story out over 4-6 25 minute episodes.

Bear in mind their age (1970's/80's), so the special effects will be bad compared to day... The story though... Both still bring back memories of the nightmares I got when I saw them as a kid!  I -still- don't like rats thanks to Talons of Weng Chiang, and as for ventriloquist dummies... *shudder*

For the 2 classic ones I mentioned, they're not episodes, they're more like "mini-series".. In those days, they split 1 story out over 4-6 25 minute episodes.

Bear in mind their age (1970's/80's), so the special effects will be bad compared to day... The story though... Both still bring back memories of the nightmares I got when I saw them as a kid!  I -still- don't like rats thanks to Talons of Weng Chiang, and as for ventriloquist dummies... *shudder*

I did hunt down and watched Quatermass and the Pit ('58) on a whim a few years back so I think I'll live if I get around to watching them.

I did hunt down and watched Quatermass and the Pit ('58) on a whim a few years back so I think I'll live if I get around to watching them.

Ooh, I totally love that movie! Both versions!

Good story line episode but weak episode again.. And we never find out what was in the Doctor's and Clara's vault, typical. 

This has been a poor season so far  :/

Good story line episode but weak episode again.. And we never find out what was in the Doctor's and Clara's vault, typical.

This has been a poor season so far :/

Didn't their vault hold the creatures mate?

• Like 1

I liked this episode more, seem to be getting better though I think everyone saw the little twist coming in advance.

Why does the doctor keeping waiting around for Clara, whole universe of better assistants out there who can follow the formula, doctor leads they follow..,for a set period of time.

Why does the doctor keeping waiting around for Clara, whole universe of better assistants out there who can follow the formula, doctor leads they follow..,for a set period of time.

Clara has been, I feel, the worst companion ever. She certainly doesn't compare to Amy or Donna (my two favorites).

Clara has been, I feel, the worst companion ever. She certainly doesn't compare to Amy or Donna (my two favorites).

I think Amy and Donna have been the worst two companions ever - must be hard for the writers to please us all.

• Like 1

Amy was good with Rory around. Donna was just a friend, and tried to be funny and serious all the time so it kinda clashed. Rose was the best so far imo, simply because she had all the right stuff when it came to funny, serious etc. Also, Martha was kinda decent at times.

Clara is just... there. She's a bit better so far this series, but eh.

I just watched Time Heist :p it felt like an episode of Hustle or Leverage :rofl:

I thought the exact same thing :P

I enjoyed the episode :)

I thought the thought raper alien was very cool.  Gave it a horror vibe.

I much prefer the darker episodes to the goofier ones.  (although darker episodes featuring daleks or cyberman are still cheesy).

Capaldi fits well I think, I don't dislike him even though his Doctor is a grump confused conflicted bastard.

I thought the thought raper alien was very cool.  Gave it a horror vibe.

I much prefer the darker episodes to the goofier ones.  (although darker episodes featuring daleks or cyberman are still cheesy).

Capaldi fits well I think, I don't dislike him even though his Doctor is a grump confused conflicted bastard.

"Teller"  :p

Daleks and Cybermen are the two core villains of Who, and whether you love them or hate them, they're never going away.  There's another core villain too, The Master.  I'm wondering if Moffat plans to bring him back at some point.  After all, he's been "dead" many times before!

"Teller"   :p

Daleks and Cybermen are the two core villains of Who, and whether you love them or hate them, they're never going away.  There's another core villain too, The Master.  I'm wondering if Moffat plans to bring him back at some point.  After all, he's been "dead" many times before!

Yeah I couldn't remember the real name, so I thought I'd be a smartarse.

I haven't watched many seasons of "new" Dr Who, earlier this year I watched all of classic season 7 (Pertwee and Liz Shaw, and the original Master)  and I enjoyed THAT master.  I saw snippets of the new Master and thought his acting was really good but wanted him to be more like the classic Master.  At least have an evil goatee.