[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I am slowly getting more and more disinterested with this series and I think the producers are holding Capaldi back with the weak story lines.

Over all the series, I think my favourite Doctor is tennant in series 3 & 4 (not series 2 - boring) as it was emotional, had some dark moments and lots of action, and the specials were fantastic!

I really hope they do the show justice and bring back that spark.

My favorite doctor is Tennant. For me it was his delivery, and humor. I think Capaldi is an awesome doctor, just need some better story lines. Listen is still the best of his series so far. It's like his Blink.

I just watched last weeks and it was really good, its not Blink good but it was still amazing.

What annoys me is the amount of the people who gets a ride in the TARDIS

I know right? It's no longer this mysterious invite only all powerful time machine, it gets more passengers than 55 to Oxford street!

Series 8 Finale Sypnosis

With Cybermen on the streets of London, old friends unite against old enemies and the Doctor takes to the air in a startling new role.

Can the mighty UNIT contain Missy? As the Doctor faces his greatest challenge, sacrifices must be made before the day is won.

iCxjWjh6PdSXk.png

The feel of the Flatline episode reminded me of the Tennant Era for some reason and i really enjoyed it. 

I look back at Matt Smith's first series and remember how he had great episodes from the word go - World War 2 Daleks, Churchill, The Weeping Angels, Vincent Van Gogh!

Capaldi is a fantastic Doctor yet so far it feels like the storylines are a bit weak in comparison to those of his predecessors? 

Moon is an Egg, The world is covered in trees? Okay great but it all feels a little rushed. Like these huge events, with potentially massive consequences get wrapped up with no real harm done and without much intervention needed. For example, while tonights episode was alright i felt like we spent the whole time watching them wonder aimlessly around a Forest, the Doctor realises there is no threat and then 'the end'. Suspense? None.

I know right? It's no longer this mysterious invite only all powerful time machine, it gets more passengers than 55 to Oxford street!

Ha ha. 

Not only that but the fact that companions now have a life outside the TARDIS is tedious and it's silly to think that the Doctor has to pop by their house/workplace every time he wants a friend to go and do something.  He comes across as a bit of a billy no mates.  He also seems like a bit of a pervy old third wheel now that the companions have separate love lives (Amy Pond's marriage, Clara's thing with the boring Mr Pink).  He always just seems to be hanging around waiting for them to come and play with him.

The whole thing's a mess.

There are so many children wandering in and out of the TARDIS these days the show's starting to feel like Blue Peter.

• Like 2

I liked it, I thought the inner message bout the trees were a really good message to give out, specially to kids that watch the show.

The finale is going to kick butt though!  :woot:

This episode was quite good I must admit! And the trailer for the finale was epic, really looking forward to that.

Who do you all think Missy is?

This episode was quite good I must admit! And the trailer for the finale was epic, really looking forward to that.

Who do you all think Missy is?

Amy Pond.

So the CME "burnt off" the oxygen in the atmosphere, and nobody on the ground felt anything...

Because it didn't burn it off, all the trees made it thicker, thick enough to withstand the flare, so it wasn't all burned, or in this case blasted away.  Plus the trees were fireproof, added protection in some fashion, this is scifi, it doesn't always have to make complete sense.

The only thing people on the ground would notice is the pretty lightshow in the sky.

I rather like the tree episode. The message was good too, and Capaldi is settling in nicely as the doctor.

The trailer for the finale looked amazing. I hope it can live up to that trailer.

Was never a fan of Matt Smith personally. Never felt like the Doctor to me. More like some kid pretending to be the doctor.

Missy....? Good question. Good Villain.... or maybe something else.... maybe something.... more familiar.... hmmm....

Missy has a very "Silence" feel to me. I feel like the whole story arc surrounding her is going to be dragged out. 

I will say the whole "Clara Oswald never existed" preview looks incredible. 

WHAT? EXPLAIN OMG EXPLAIN! AND IS IT JOHN SIMM?

It was rumoured when the set photos were released, she had the same ring!

10626443_841652432521843_535032589455022

It was rumoured when the set photos were realeased, she had the same ring!

10626443_841652432521843_535032589455022

Oy, should figured that one out I guess. Not sure how I feel about this one though.

Dunno how I feel about this episode.  After today though I will be GLAD to see Clara gone as the Doctor's companion.  Doctor should have introduced her to the back of his hand.

• Like 1