[Official] Doctor Who Thread

It was rumoured when the set photos were released, she had the same ring!

10626443_841652432521843_535032589455022

Jonathan Pryce played one of the best Masters.  

File0492.jpg

Not sure who cast John Simm as the Master, he was just not suited for the role.  If the actror doesn't look or behave like Roger Delgado, they have no business being The Master

Dunno how I feel about this episode.  After today though I will be GLAD to see Clara gone as the Doctor's companion.  Doctor should have introduced her to the back of his hand.

who siad she is leaving besides rumors from awhile currently i dont  think it is confirmed she is leaving  

Hmm

I'm hoping there is a good reason for what she is doing - maybe she needed this in order to support the energy required for her regeneration or something and has got carried away as usual.

She is quite aware of who are actual enemies are after her last appearance so hopefully there will be a want to bond with "her boyfriend" / the Doctor.

Well considering the episode breakdown for next week, it's not so ridiculous to think she may wind up helping the Doctor in some way.

Also, it was really REALLY creepy when she kissed the Doctor. Just saying.

How is he a she, I thought that didn't happen.

Also are we to assume things played out differently last we saw that character because of The Day of the Doctor? Time travel makes my head hurt sometimes. :wacko: .

I am totally ok with what happened in the opening and my one regret is that they'll probably do some timey wimey crap and reverse it.

How is he a she, I thought that didn't happen.

Nah, it's been established that Time Lords can change gender when regenerating. Lets them mix up the character a bit and opens up the hiring pool too.

I'm with a few of you, I think it's time for Clara to leave, let's bring in someone else.

How did he (She) escape from Gallifrey though :o (End of Time) and why is she working with Cybermen ._.

That's what I asked back a page. Did End of Time still happen even after the events of Day of the Doctor (50th anniversary special)?

That's what I asked back a page. Did End of Time still happen even after the events of Day of the Doctor (50th anniversary special)?

I took it as a "reboot" of that storyline. But the writers can't expect young kids and teens to get that (at least not right away) so they'd be stupid to just brush that aside like that. Now if Missy Master explains what happened to her after The End of Time, that's all good.

Still, Moffat seems quite happy to just abandon or at least put aside stories that RTD did during his tenure. The time locked time war etc for example :)

The finale was good in parts, I did love Missy overall and I wonder if that's it now for the Master or can he/she return again?

The brigadier bit #ALLTHEFEELS

I was pretty unimpressed by that finale and really hope next season gets back to the classic formula. 

Given the nature of the show I don't think its the last of the master, could have been a teleport beam, we've seen disguised before or the galifrey data matrix was never shut off/destroyed, missy could have gone in there then and come out in a similar fashion to the kid at some point.  Or just bring her back without explaining anything...seems to work well.

I was pretty unimpressed by that finale and really hope next season gets back to the classic formula. 

Given the nature of the show I don't think its the last of the master, could have been a teleport beam, we've seen disguised before or the galifrey data matrix was never shut off/destroyed, missy could have gone in there then and come out in a similar fashion to the kid at some point.  Or just bring her back without explaining anything...seems to work well.

My money is on it having to do with

Clara's new bracelet. Something similar to bringing Master back from the ring.

Also, with how the Cybermen came back, that means that

Amy and Rory were Cybermen for a bit.

• Like 3

Disappointing season. I'm loosing faith in this show now. 'Flatline' and 'Mummy On The Orient Express' were the best episodes in my opinion. I feel there isn't any continuity in the show now. They never explained how The Master/Mistress survived 'End of Time', how they came back and how she regenerated. Was there a hint she also has a TARDIS? They also never explained why the Doctor and Clara had to be together.. It was the worst finale to date, all about Clara and Danny yet again. Danny's speech leading the Cybermen to the cloud was cringe and they have all seemed to be upgraded to Iron Men..

Based on this seasons 'Listen' episode, I bet Clara is pregnant for the future version of Danny to appear. And that's probably what she wanted to tell him before he died (the first time round). 

I don't think Calpadi is a bad doctor, it's the story lines for me that does it. Season 5 was amazing, and season 6 wasn't too bad. From there, episodes have gone worse and worse. 

Then, then, that horrible mid credits scene with Santa.. I like Nick Frost but that was just horrific. 

A disappointing end to a disappointing season. The main plot was only lightly referenced for most of the series and it ends like that. No confidence left in the current makers of the show.