[Official] Doctor Who Thread

9 minutes ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Further thoughts on how they proceed ...

Hide contents

That chip of Mi's that repairs her DNA ... The Doctor touched it, handled it, and otherwise was in possession of it for a bit. A device that smart wouldn't simply activate "when someone else wanted it to" -- that device could have sampled The Doctor's DNA; and depending on how the chip works, what kind of processing capability it has, and so on, the device could detect that The Doctor's DNA was "more favorable to continued existence" and could slowly re-write Mi's DNA into something more akin to River Song's than a plain Human.

All it would be missing, at that point, would be vortex exposure -- which it now has. That chip could then grant Mi (by way of DNA resequencing, slowly) all the abilities that River Song would have; like the heightened intelligence which she had already displayed by the Season Finale ... only a Galifrean or a Hybrid could maintain a Reality Bubble at the last gasps of the Universe, which she said she'd been maintaining "brilliantly"; indicating that intelligence as well as the manifestation of Mental Powers (that only Galifreans have demonstrated) and Regeneration.

So, my vote for "Who is The Master"? It's gotta be Mi, after we walk through the logic some more. :yes: As for Clara, she's Immortal now. What they do with her, going forward? No idea, now. 

That reasoning and logic is sound, specially since the master is missy right now

Spoiler

long for mi? missy... I guess.  With those two, the door is opening to anything really, no to mention possible time breaking because of clara

15 minutes ago, BetaguyGZT said:

I swear between the two of us we could write for the show.

Or Fanfiction.net, hehe. ;)

I guess we will have to wait till christmas special to see in anything is hinted!

• Like 2

On 12/7/2015, 10:35:25, BetaguyGZT said:

My response ...

Hide contents

So, to sum up, it's likely Clara or Mi that will turn out to be The Master, but more likely it's Clara.

Except we've seen the Master as a child, first incarnation (pre-first regeneration). He was a boy. Although that sounds like something Moffet would do - he sometimes focuses so much on creating clever twists that he completely forgets about telling a good story. If he did anything like that, that would be the final proof that he's overstayed his welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Some of my other spoiler comments address that too. :)

Spoiler

Except why would the Time Lords expose someone to the Untempered Schism a second time, just because he'd regenerated into a child's body? That's done when a juvenile Gallifreyan hits a certain age in their original incarnation. A child-form regeneration would still have all the experiences of their former adult-bodied incarnation, including looking into the Vortex.  There would be no reason to repeat it, regardless of what age the Master looked like. So that had to have occurred in the Master's original incarnation.

So if the Master's first incarnation somehow were Clara, why would they repeat the process with a second incarnation? Even if she went to Gallifrey and signed up at the academy, surely they'd have done it as soon as she'd hit the necessary point in her education, if not as soon as she'd registered? Why would they wait until after a regeneration? And why would the isolationist Time Lords accept a half-breed into the academy in the first place?

The only reason I could see for doing it in a subsequent incarnation is if the regeneration happened before the viewing normally would, but that would mean the Master would have regenerated the first time as a child, meaning his first incarnation likely still couldn't be Mi or Clara. Unless she were for some reason forced to regenerate when she arrived. Maybe the child-Master form was a disguise? That's the only way I can see this idea working, TBH.

Your idea is just too convoluted, and IMO doesn't add to the mythology. It would be an interesting fanfiction (I would totally read it!), but wouldn't work in the official storyline. (Please don't be offended - I'm just going for engaging discussion here, not an attack.)

Of course, most of Moffet's ideas have added nothing to the mythology either, and in general are needlessly convoluted. The man needs to be replaced. HE should have left, not Jenna!

• Like 2

Having finally finished up the season, I'm even more adamant that Moffet has to go! The last 2 episodes were the worst of the new series, hands down. And possible even the worst in the entire history of the franchise!

Spoiler

40 minutes of Doctor Who running a maze over and over, to get to Gallifrey in the last couple minutes? The writers couldn't come up with a more interesting way to pad the story than this incomprehensible drivel?

And the season finale was just garbage. Moffet once again puts trying to be clever over telling a solid story. The season should have ended with Clara's death. Everything beyond that point was a waste of airtime. Wiping his memory of Clara? Isn't that just going to trigger a quest to figure out what he forgot down the line? And killing Clara off shouldn't have happened in the first place, but bringing her back was the cheapest cop-out imaginable.

It's a shame - the season was strong overall, but the ending was just cheesy fanwank of the worst kind. Let's hope the BBC decides to replace Steven REAL soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Having finally finished up the season, I'm even more adamant that Moffet has to go! The last 2 episodes were the worst of the new series, hands down. And possible even the worst in the entire history of the franchise!

Reveal hidden contents

40 minutes of Doctor Who running a maze over and over, to get to Gallifrey in the last couple minutes? The writers couldn't come up with a more interesting way to pad the story than this incomprehensible drivel?

And the season finale was just garbage. Moffet once again puts trying to be clever over telling a solid story. The season should have ended with Clara's death. Everything beyond that point was a waste of airtime. Wiping his memory of Clara? Isn't that just going to trigger a quest to figure out what he forgot down the line? And killing Clara off shouldn't have happened in the first place, but bringing her back was the cheapest cop-out imaginable.

It's a shame - the season was strong overall, but the ending was just cheesy fanwank of the worst kind. Let's hope the BBC decides to replace Steven REAL soon.

Moffat isn't going anywhere, he's top dog with almost every series in bbc... :/  Unless ratings crumble...

Spoiler

I agree, ending was a more of "lets please the fans", than solid plot.

IMO it was just moffat, leaving open ends for the next 5 years...

So many loose ends :/

Im glad the impossible girl arc is over, it was interesting in the beggining, then it just got boring...

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Moffat isn't going anywhere, he's top dog with almost every series in bbc... :/  Unless ratings crumble...

Hide contents

I agree, ending was a more of "lets please the fans", than solid plot.

It's generally the beginning of the end for a series when the creators start worrying more about the fans than the general audience. Doctor Who may well have jumped the shark with this finale.

The only thing that really bother me is with the finale was

Spoiler

The other Tardis.  It's cloaking stuck as a Dinner, WTF.  It's not practical and you can't just land in the middle of a street and such.

5 hours ago, primortal said:

The only thing that really bother me is with the finale was

Hide contents

The other Tardis.  It's cloaking stuck as a Dinner, WTF.  It's not practical and you can't just land in the middle of a street and such.

Well Salyavin's TARDIS was disguised as his apartment on the Cambridge campus, so there is a precedent for an unwieldy disguises for TARDISes. That was true in both versions of Shada. All Clara would have to do is aim at a vacant lot.

Their TARDIS isn't stuck in that guise. The Chaemeleon Circuit is fully functional on that one. Ashildir/Mi was studying the Operator's Manual for it, so perhaps we'll find out if her understanding is up to the task. Mi and Clara are essentially immortal now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BetaguyGZT said:

Their TARDIS isn't stuck in that guise. The Chaemeleon Circuit is fully functional on that one. Ashildir/Mi was studying the Operator's Manual for it, so perhaps we'll find out if her understanding is up to the task. Mi and Clara are essentially immortal now.

Spoiler

They enfasized it had a working chameleon circuit, i'm guess next season will mention how it was the 11th doctor who actually ruined the chameleon circuit for the first doctor.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that was the best Christmas episode in years, very much enjoyed that. 

I believe that's River Songs story-line wrapped up now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peewee210 said:

Now that was the best Christmas episode in years, very much enjoyed that. 

I believe that's River Songs story-line wrapped up now. 

Haven't seen it yet (and won't be able to for a day or so) so wanna put in spoiler tags why her story is wrapped up? :D

3 hours ago, LOC said:

Haven't seen it yet (and won't be able to for a day or so) so wanna put in spoiler tags why her story is wrapped up? :D

Spoiler

Number of reasons:

- She had a collection of all of the Doctors faces, minus 13. She was certain he only had 12 regenerations. 

- Her diary was almost full, i.e. - she knew her time was coming to an end

- What River told the 10th Doctor in the Library episode, is what happened at the end of this episode. 

- He gave her the a screwdriver as a goodbye present

7 hours ago, BinaryData said:

I have every episode downloaded, I just haven't watched it.

I guess I need too before I bash it. What are the BEST seasons? I need something to look forward too!

Personally, the best seasons for me are 2, 3 and 5. (10th, 10th and 11th Doctor). 

22 hours ago, Peewee210 said:
  Hide contents

Number of reasons:

- She had a collection of all of the Doctors faces, minus 13. She was certain he only had 12 regenerations. 

- Her diary was almost full, i.e. - she knew her time was coming to an end

- What River told the 10th Doctor in the Library episode, is what happened at the end of this episode. 

- He gave her the a screwdriver as a goodbye present

Yeah but her diary is running backwards to the Doctor's experiences, she shouldn't have known who he was, in any guise.