[Official] Doctor Who Thread

As much as I liked the current season of doctor who the show needed a change, it just really sucks that this year all we are getting is a Christmas special. I was really looking forward to seeing the new companion this year.

Apparently there are rumours that Capaldi will step down in 2017 for Chris to choose his own Time Lord. Whether it was the writing or the actor I don't know but Capaldi's has never felt like a great Dr for me so sad we'll not get much in 2016 but looking forward to what's in store for 2017.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

Apparently there are rumours that Capaldi will step down in 2017 for Chris to choose his own Time Lord. Whether it was the writing or the actor I don't know but Capaldi's has never felt like a great Dr for me so sad we'll not get much in 2016 but looking forward to what's in store for 2017.

It's pretty much deduction, every writer will want to create his own doctor, pride and all that jazz, though IMO, one would better prove himself by fixing a mess then by starting a clean slate. Starting over just because, says so Little about the writes and producers :/ 

I have to say, this season and the christmas really made capaldi for me... because his first season, see below :/ 

3 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I hope Capaldi doesn't leave yet - we haven't really seen what he can do, thanks to the poor writing.

agreed, if anything  we saw glimpses of Capaldi's possibilities this last season.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well, well. It seems she'll be a good fit. Bit of a nerd (to appeal to the Osgood fans), bit of whimsy .. she'll do fine, I think.

What I'm more concerned with is whether they replace Capaldi or not just for the sake of replacing him due to the staffing changes in the show. That would be a mistake, imo; but it's up to Capaldi if he himself wants to stay on or not. I'd like him to stay, personally. He finally hit his stride last Series, and I think Series 10 will be even better if they give him the right material to work with.

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

Yep - a 2 minute trailer and I instantly prefer her over Clara. 

That's nothing - I prefer her over Rose, Peri and Mel before I saw anything!

There's something about her I don't like. Her face is weird looking to me (and I really really don't like saying that) especially in that framing from above they kept doing. I mean, I like her care free kinda attitude for this trailer about the Daleks and all, but she's weird? I dunno. I won't pass judgement until she's on the show of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOC said:

There's something about her I don't like. Her face is weird looking to me (and I really really don't like saying that) especially in that framing from above they kept doing. I mean, I like her care free kinda attitude for this trailer about the Daleks and all, but she's weird? I dunno. I won't pass judgement until she's on the show of course.

them brows !

2 hours ago, LOC said:

No, its more like her face is, oddly shaped? lol

Answer this non related whovian question.

Can you see the shape of her face, with the lights turned off :shifty: 

edit: actually that is a pun as well :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Answer this non related whovian question.

Can you see the shape of her face, with the lights turned off :shifty: 

edit: actually that is a pun as well :laugh: 

Eh, a Weeping Angels reference maybe? lol

Dunno if I'd want to have the lights off, then pop back on and her face right in front of me or something. Might give me a heart attack or something at this point lol

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that on Mashable I think yesterday. The news headline they used was something like "Chinese company makes a not-Dalek-but-is-Dalek security bot. Extermination coming soon?" lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Unless my memory is bad, is this the first series where we haven't had an actual new series but get a Christmas special in a year? I'm pretty sure the last series ended last year no? Weirdness. At least we get new Doctor Who for the holidays which is always a welcome thing in my eyes.