[Official] Doctor Who Thread

On 7/21/2017 at 11:24 AM, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

My most hated (mebbe a bit strong) Doctor was Sylvester McCoy, just could not stomach him in the role, maybe it was because I'd grown out of it (I'm an older guy like you 2, 49) and had fond memories of Tom Baker.

With you 100% there, and Ace as well. My god she was a dreadful assistant.  I remain convinced to this day that McCoy was given the role with the express purpose of wrecking the show so they could cancel it.

Edited by FloatingFatMan
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2017 at 3:18 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

Storylines were stupid as well, imperial daleks vs renegade daleks, cybermen who were more camp than scary, too reminiscent of 1960's England (complete with 'no blacks allowed' signs in shop windows etc.)

And lets not forget this... thing.

18ekgwxq1k9objpg.jpg

I mean really... OMG, what WERE they thinking at this point?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

With you 100% there, and Ace as well. My god she was a dreadful assistant.  I remain convinced to this that that McCoy was given the role with the express purpose of wrecking the show so they could cancel it.

So I wasn't the only one

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

18ekgwxq1k9objpg.jpg

BERTIE BASSETT!!! :p

I have no idea neither man lol

4 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

18ekgwxq1k9objpg.jpg

The 80's man ... the 80's.

Fun fact...its goal was to kill "killjoys"

MV5BMzk3NzEyMzYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIzNTAyOTE@._V1_.thumb.jpg.befdbd29cf18ba1a977da82de4cc90b2.jpg

;) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LOC said:

Ugh, did they really have to have Bill for the Xmas special?

I am kind of glad that she'll let the Doctor know that she's alive, after what happened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

So I wasn't the only one

BERTIE BASSETT!!! :p

I have no idea neither man lol

The "Kandyman" actually, BBC wouldn't want to encroach on copyright even though it's obviously the same character.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim K said:

The 80's man ... the 80's.

Fun fact...its goal was to kill "killjoys"

MV5BMzk3NzEyMzYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIzNTAyOTE@._V1_.thumb.jpg.befdbd29cf18ba1a977da82de4cc90b2.jpg

;) 

So their goal was to kill Killjoys with a drug inspired robot?! Diabolical.

From what Ive heard the realization of the kandyman was some sort of mis communication between the writer and the director and costume designers. I recall he was supposed to just be a mad scientist type.

So David Bradley is playing the 1st doctor not the other character from that earlier episode. Did we just learn that with this trailer or am I a little slow lol.

i'd watch an episode of star trek tos over any of the new dr who's, any day. what's pees me of is how the bbc hypes up their programs...it's so annoying. making dr who seem like the best sci-fi show ever....when it's not. yes, they revived it, we get it and it's a classic, but the new ones are just so overrated and repetitive compared to the old ones.

to think the license fee keeps this show going...ughhhh. i can't be the only once who thinks it's hyped up way too much, cus when you watch it, it's average at best.

I'll admit, I'm watching through the previous Series. I'm up to the end of Series 4, and I forgot how cringy the writing/running is.

Might have been cringy (it was, quite a lot lol) but god damn if you didn't care about the Doctor and Rose or Martha or Donna etc. I mean, I loved Amy and Rory (and Clara but to a lesser extent, same with Bill mostly) but not the same way as the others in the rebooted series (especially Rose, sorry Rose haters!).

13 minutes ago, margrave said:

As for companions, my heart belongs to Amy Pond.

Peach, brother! Preach! I have that to look forward to in a couple of Episodes :D 

7 minutes ago, margrave said:

Love her.

Would probably do anything Karen Gillan asked of me. Yes. That's sad. But she's a dang Goddess.

I'd pay for the privilege...

1 hour ago, margrave said:

Zoe Heriot for me. With Ace as runner up.

1 hour ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Clara for me ... before she became irresponsible and reckless.

AKA Doctor Lite

For me of the new companions, I'd say Rose. She was down to Earth, had a heart of gold (most of the time) and (to me) was beautiful. Also, her hair. Clara would be last for me, she just didn't do anything for me. Amy, man them gingers :D and Bill was OK but they never really did anything with her in her one single season except the usual OH WOW THERE ARE ALIENS AND STUFF OUT THERE AMAAZZZZINGGGG :p

Oh and Rory was kinda hot also. Not that I'm gay or anything. Not that there's anything wrong with that....Oh and Martha, almost forgot her and Donna! Martha was pretty cool, just again never really did anything with her or Donna except the save the world stuff and merging thingy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2017 at 5:49 PM, LOC said:

Might have been cringy (it was, quite a lot lol) but god damn if you didn't care about the Doctor and Rose or Martha or Donna etc. I mean, I loved Amy and Rory (and Clara but to a lesser extent, same with Bill mostly) but not the same way as the others in the rebooted series (especially Rose, sorry Rose haters!).

The ending in the battle for Canary Wharf still gets me every time :cry::cry:

On 28/07/2017 at 11:43 AM, margrave said:

I don't think I could pick between Tenant's Dr and Rose or Smiths Dr and Amy, they were both amazing in their own way.