[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I was gonna say where did he/she get the female clothes but they look more masculine although The Doctor has never had any issues finding ballgowns and all sorts for his female companion so I'm surprised they went with that kind of "I stole daddy's clothes" look.

1 hour ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I was gonna say where did he/she get the female clothes but they look more masculine although The Doctor has never had any issues finding ballgowns and all sorts for his female companion so I'm surprised they went with that kind of "I stole daddy's clothes" look.

They're trying to sell Jodie to the skeptics by making her outfit a jumble of references to past Doctors. Like the stripes are supposedly to reference TOm Baker, the suspenders to reference Matt Smith. I'm not entirely sure I buy the theory but the outfit is the least Doctorish since Chris E. 

Jodie should wear something unique and eccentric; this just doesn't say Doctor to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DConnell said:

They're trying to sell Jodie to the skeptics by making her outfit a jumble of references to past Doctors. Like the stripes are supposedly to reference TOm Baker, the suspenders to reference Matt Smith. I'm not entirely sure I buy the theory but the outfit is the least Doctorish since Chris E. 

Jodie should wear something unique and eccentric; this just doesn't say Doctor to me. 

The first thing I thought of when I saw the stripes was tom baker and the boots, of course the outfit sends subliminal messages!   +1 she looks like a spoiled brat imo "ill wear anything".

I like tennats and smith, they had vast wardrobes, capaldi's seem to be limited to the same coat.

14 hours ago, DConnell said:

I agree her outfit should also be unique. it could have a subtle reference like the tenth did (the dashing everywhere and his trainers were a reference to the fifth incarnation Peter davison)

• 1 month later...

Anybody see the Christmas episode? Wasn't bad, it'll be interesting to see how they pick up next season... 

Spoiler

with the new doc being separated from the TARDIS... and being female of course.

30 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

Anybody see the Christmas episode? Wasn't bad, it'll be interesting to see how they pick up next season... 

Hide contents

Spoiler

The TARDIS really didn't like her regeneration... lol

I cried a bit a few times, but when Clara popped in for that two line little cameo I was like OK Moffat you got me. I didn't even find Clara that good to be honest - but Capaldi's Doctor did and you can see it in his face. Plus he got the memories back, so yeah. So many (SO MANY) callbacks to the older series (and I mean older as in like, old lol) but also callbacks to the current run. I believe this was Murray Gold's last Doctor Who also if I'm not mistaken. So all the Doomsday and what not music beats were great to hear again.

I loved it personally. I know not everyone did and that's fine. I liked Jodie's small little thing of course and I'm waiting with baited breath for 2019? for the new series. Also, no one else thought the Tardis literally threw her out because it has to redo the inside again? Like doesn't the Tardis do that every time now? :D

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to a new director and direction though, could do with being a bit more serious.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:32 AM, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

New look! "Music Festival Reject Survivor"

No where as bad as this...

bpanews_0a3388d7-3f4b-46b0-b8c8-7b60ec757c6c_1.thumb.jpg.28fab0c3bef079249acb7e9de95ef60e.jpg

6 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't think it was in any way good. Why is regeneration shown as a long drawn out deal in DW2? I give the show two more seasons, the ratings for season 11 will tumble some fans have already packed up and others are very uncertain about the lady doctor, while "girl power" will tune in for the shows takeover many will quickly realise they don't understand the series have no idea about the backstory and are quickly lost. BBC won't be prepared to admit any mistake after season 11 and accept that the ratings decline of the past few seasons continues.

4 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

No where as bad as this...

Was this new costume also drawn as a joke though?

20 minutes ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

Didn't think it was in any way good. Why is regeneration shown as a long drawn out deal in DW2? I give the show two more seasons, the ratings for season 11 will tumble some fans have already packed up and others are very uncertain about the lady doctor, while "girl power" will tune in for the shows takeover many will quickly realise they don't understand the series have no idea about the backstory and are quickly lost. BBC won't be prepared to admit any mistake after season 11 and accept that the ratings decline of the past few seasons continues.

Was this new costume also drawn as a joke though?

Doctor Who has been popular with females since David Tennant. Where have you been? My ex was a fan and one of the girls seeing now is a fan... We watched the Christmas special together. Every time I wear one of my Doctor Who t-shirts come across a girl who makes a comment about it. I don't think they will actually increase female viewership that much with a female Doctor.

I don't see any problem with the outfit. We need something fresh not seen since well David Tennant. I was not a huge fan of Peter Capaldi and think they were losing the younger crowd.

20 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

Doctor Who has been popular with females since David Tennant. Where have you been?

When did I say it wasn't?

I don't see any problem with the outfit.

Just as some may not have with doctor 6

I was not a huge fan of Peter Capaldi and think they were losing the younger crowd.

This is despite hemorrhaging viewers since season 6?

I loved this Christmas special. Might just be my new favorite episode. Such great acting!

Sad to see Capaldi leave, but this was done so great. I salute Peter as his time closes, and welcome Jodie with great hope.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

And I think the Tardis just ejected The Doctor to create the new control room! Ooooooo, and maybe a new Sonic!

So psyched to see what's next.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I very much enjoyed this episode and look forward to Jodie Whittaker's new take on the Doctor. 

Couple of thoughts:

Spoiler

Loved the timeline including the 1914 Christmas truce and Capaldi's remarks on it.

Loved seeing the "First Doctor" and him fearing regeneration ... also his and Capaldi's banter back and forth.  

Rusty the Dalek, Bill Potts and Claire (even if only for 30 seconds) were all nice surprises (went into this episode blind).  Too bad no Amy Pond. :(

Though, what was the TARDIS issue with the 13th Doctor????  Spat her out.  

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Jim K said:

I very much enjoyed this episode and look forward to Jodie Whittaker's new take on the Doctor. 

Couple of thoughts:

Hide contents

Loved the timeline including the 1914 Christmas truce and Capaldi's remarks on it.

Loved seeing the "First Doctor" and him fearing regeneration ... also his and Capaldi's banter back and forth.  

Rusty the Dalek, Bill Potts and Claire (even if only for 30 seconds) were all nice surprises (went into this episode blind).  Too bad no Amy Pond. :(

Though, what was the TARDIS issue with the 13th Doctor????  Spat her out.  

Most likely, a desktop change

Spoiler

As was explained in the special, The Day of The Doctor... I think... That one with Smith, Tennant, and Hurt.

12 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Most likely, a desktop change

Reveal hidden contents

As was explained in the special, The Day of The Doctor... I think... That one with Smith, Tennant, and Hurt.

I probably need to give that one another watch. :)

• Like 1

Christmas special was pretty good. I'm going to miss Capaldi; his companions, not so much. I actually don't remember much about Clara since they started putting a year between seasons, and I never liked Bill or the bald dude. This was Capaldi's best season though, he just didn't have a good supporting cast. His last season was okay, but the first one was just atrocious. At his best, Twelve was like an older Eleventh Doctor, but never as good as Nine or even Ten. David Tennant set such a high bar.

But, and maybe this is obvious to fans of the old series, the way the show refreshes every time a new Doctor or Companion is introduced, it's almost like they're expecting all the fans of the previous incarnation(s) to leave and a whole wave of new fans to come in. Things like the TARDIS being bigger on the inside, the Doctor's many regenerations, the Daleks, the Cybermen, occasionally the Master, are all spelled out for us like we haven't heard it all before. When it's at its best, that's fine, we can overlook the crap we've heard before, but when it's at its worst, it gets really annoying. Now there was one person to change it up, I think one of Ten's Christmas specials ("The Next Doctor"?) where the companion says "It's smaller on the outside," reversing the popular line, but still.

Hopefully Thirteen changes it up. The show needs a shakeup.