[Official] Doctor Who Thread

She's a great Doctor. It was a bit dark, and there was an abundant amount of commercials.

I'm still not sure about all the companions though. Why so many. It's almost insulting. Because she's a woman she needs more help? That's ridiculous. The male doctors only had the one mostly. If they're present just to have additional color variations of humans then that's a little silly to me. Admiral Adama said it best in that there's only one race. The human race.

We just happen to be available in a wide selection of color choices.

Thought it was a pretty good episode..a bit slow but still a solid episode.  Loved the ending shot.  Jodie will do just fine.  :)

42 minutes ago, margrave said:

She's a great Doctor. It was a bit dark, and there was an abundant amount of commercials.

I'm still not sure about all the companions though. Why so many. It's almost insulting. Because she's a woman she needs more help? That's ridiculous. The male doctors only had the one mostly. If they're present just to have additional color variations of humans then that's a little silly to me. Admiral Adama said it best in that there's only one race. The human race.

She isn't the first Doctor to have that many companions.  I believe the 4th/5th Doctor had three.  Some of the more recent ones had two.  Anyway, I wouldn't think too much into the number of companions she has (besides...if the TARDIS doesn't show up soon she'll have zero...haha).

Caught a few minutes mid-episode. Since I'm one of the more .. skeptical about Jodie I decided to wait to watch until I can watch the full episode. Whether I decide for or against I want to give her a fair shot, and that means a proper viewing, not picking it up in the middle.

40 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Tried watching it, fell asleep.  Might try again later but I'm not exactly compelled.

New Who jumped the shark with Clara's death episode IMO.

41 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Tried watching it, fell asleep.  Might try again later but I'm not exactly compelled.

giphy.gif

😛 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Thought it was a pretty good episode..a bit slow but still a solid episode.  Loved the ending shot.  Jodie will do just fine.  :)

She isn't the first Doctor to have that many companions.  I believe the 4th/5th Doctor had three.  Some of the more recent ones had two.  Anyway, I wouldn't think too much into the number of companions she has (besides...if the TARDIS doesn't show up soon she'll have zero...haha).

Hartnell started out the show with 3, so this is upholding tradition.

3 hours ago, Human.Online said:

Agree with the sentiment, this is what I meant, though I didn't fall asleep myself. Didn't find either the tone, story, characters, or Jodie as the Doctor to be very compelling.

Way too many commercials... this was my worry when they announced the new episode lengths.

The show was good though, I think I'll like the new Doc. I kinda wished they kept Grace around instead of Gram though, she was more interesting.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BritBronco said:

From what I understand Grace will be poping up through out the show, though maybe only in flashback.

Makes sense, it would waste time introducing a character that much (and arguably basing the title of the episode) on someone only to do that to her in the first ep

On 10/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, margrave said:

The problem is, there are people out there that look for a reason to complain, there's always a group of people because they feel their group isn't represented enough. I'm not saying I think that's the reason for three, but if it is, it's because of the many who just love to complain.

I feel like I could leave the Graham (Bradley Walshes) character and just have the two younger characters but I'm hoping he's going to grown on me as the season goes on. I'm expecting him to be the Rory type character who is constantly in the background shouting the logical stuff about why the hell they're running towards danger.

Its pretty obvious why the Graham character is in there though, what with the big mention of his cancer in remission etc. Not to mention what happened with his wife and all that probably tying into things later on.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:56 PM, Jim K said:

if the TARDIS doesn't show up soon she'll have zero...haha).

I have a feeling that most of this season is going to be trying to locate the TARDIS...

If you can DVR it, thats the way past that, its the only way i watch TV anymore.

I am sold, Jodi is great, the companions are great. The show is shot with an amazing filmic  touch that is amazing to see.

I think she is good at the moment as a Doctor discovering who they are in the new body but as she progresses, is only going to get better! I also like that they kept the inside of the tardis in line with the previous ones and not gone all girly!

As for the commercials, thanks to the BBC, zero breaks!

8 hours ago, margrave said:

Great episode. Loved it! She's awesome.

The number of commercials is insufferable.  9 per break is crazy. Makes watching the show tiring.

82f229d0f6bc1931_a84.png

37 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

BBC put adverts in?  In other countries I assume?  Here in the UK there's no advertising.

Much preferred the 2nd episode :)

The BBC do not, it is when it is rebroadcasted in Trump's America.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Aaaaah, which channel carries it over there?

BBC America runs in here in the US.