[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I always thought it was intentional to portray the Daleks as powerful beings, but pathetic when their case is cracked open and you see what is controlling them.

I've never equated Daleks to wheelchair users in my life, not even when I was a nipper. They were make-believe aliens hellbent on exterminating everyone that wasn't like them.

ANYWAY.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 10:33, Steven P. said:

I always thought it was intentional to portray the Daleks as powerful beings, but pathetic when their case is cracked open and you see what is controlling them.

I've never equated Daleks to wheelchair users in my life, not even when I was a nipper. They were make-believe aliens hellbent on exterminating everyone that wasn't like them.

ANYWAY.

Yup, hate personified.

On the Davros topic in general, my thoughts are this isn't the first time we've seen Davros not in a wheelchair. He wasn't always as physically damaged. So I see no issue with depictions of points in his life before that. It is a time travel show.

I don't think the entire depiction of Davros is being changed.

On 04/12/2023 at 13:31, Steven P. said:

Want to identify as a cat? "You're not mentally ill, this is perfectly okay! And if anyone disagrees, then they are a ######!" is today's message.

People have been identifying as cats for decades, and they really don't care what you think about it.

On 06/12/2023 at 22:37, spaceelf said:

People have been identifying as cats for decades, and they really don't care what you think about it.

Thanks for your useless commentary I guess, seeing as I didn't seek approval from people who want to identify as cats I don't know what the fuck you're on about or even trying to prove.

On 06/12/2023 at 16:21, Steven P. said:

Thanks for your useless commentary I guess, seeing as I didn't seek approval from people who want to identify as cats I don't know what the ######'re on about or even trying to prove.

I could say the same of you.  But I have better things to do.

On 04/12/2023 at 11:31, Steven P. said:

Want to identify as a cat? "You're not mentally ill, this is perfectly okay! And if anyone disagrees, then they are a ######!" is today's message.

These two would like a word...

image.png.1ba5d747a21c665d86bc3077c4d69a62.png

• Haha 3

On 09/12/2023 at 22:58, Joe User said:

That was absolutely fun to watch!

Indeed it was.

On 10/12/2023 at 01:05, Matthew S. said:

Indeed it was.

Spoiler

And technically we can have David Tennant episodes still :D 

• Like 3

Okay okay, so.. I caved and watched it and.... NPH was bloody amazing as the Toymaker! Totally smashed it out of the park, especially the dance number!

Not sure how I feel about the thing where Ncuti showed up, but I don't hate it.   Just kind of a "what?" if you know what I mean...  I hope he gets some good writing moving forward because the awful writing is what ruined Jodie's Dr...

I enjoyed all the call backs to previous adventures too, but wasn't so sure about Mel... She wasn't exactly the most popular of companions... Mostly because Bonnie Langford in the 80's was a BLOODY ANNOYING CHIPMUNK! :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 16:56, FloatingFatMan said:

...because Bonnie Langford in the 80's was a BLOODY ANNOYING CHIPMUNK! :p

Mostly because of her propensity to "thkweam and thkweam and thkweam until I'm thick"

• Haha 1

Yeah I loved this special.

Spoiler

Wasn't expecting, but loved the "bigeneration".

And had already loved the new Tardis, but did feel something was off/incomplete with it. Seeing the duplicate get created, with slight differences, brings it all together 👍

Can't wait to see if David ever gets to show up in future specials now lol

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 02:46, Brandon H said:

Yeah I loved this special.

Hide contents

Wasn't expecting, but loved the "bigeneration".

And had already loved the new Tardis, but did feel something was off/incomplete with it. Seeing the duplicate get created, with slight differences, brings it all together 👍

Can't wait to see if David ever gets to show up in future specials now lol

The effect was cool... The comedy was hilarious... The concept was kinda dumb...

Did anyone notice David had a wee little trouble with his accent this time round?

On 14/12/2023 at 02:58, Matthew S. said:

Did anyone notice David had a wee little trouble with his accent this time round?

I did yeah, but then I also noticed in all 3 eps that, to me at least, he doesn't look that well... He's looking REALLY thin and pallid TBH... Hope he's okay...

On 13/12/2023 at 18:58, Matthew S. said:

Remember, this isn't the 10th Doctor. He looks like him, but there are differences. I'd be willing to bet it's intentional.

On 13/12/2023 at 21:40, FloatingFatMan said:

I did yeah, but then I also noticed in all 3 eps that, to me at least, he doesn't look that well... He's looking REALLY thin and pallid TBH... Hope he's okay...

After pondering this a bit I believe it was all completely intentional, even down to the oddly single-buttoned "barely hanging on" vest, to demonstrate this is a Doctor who has been strung out.

Further driving home the point of the end of the Giggle, and the pit stop at the Noble clan.

• Like 2