[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I have a friend who is a Doctor Who fan who really isn't into this season. He says it's too dark for him. The shows are darker than usual, as well as more mature. Even I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if it will erode the viewers over time.

I have a friend who is a Doctor Who fan who really isn't into this season. He says it's too dark for him. The shows are darker than usual, as well as more mature. Even I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if it will erode the viewers over time.

Or gain new ones for the same reason.

I'll just leave this here

*image snipped*

I... err... uh... I'm not normally one for women, but that... Yeah. :whistle:

I'll just leave this here

karengillan.png

Well someone got some airbrushing =/

Can't believe half the season has gone already though :o Seems way to short :(

That was brilliant, cheers Rappy - looking forward to the Matt Smith interviews Karen one!

They both certainly seem to get on very well together, like friends - are there any rumours of them being...yanno...whistle.gif

As a Scotsman, I often wonder where all the hot Scottish girls have gone, and now I know - they're travelling with Timelords.

That was brilliant, cheers Rappy - looking forward to the Matt Smith interviews Karen one!

They both certainly seem to get on very well together, like friends - are there any rumours of them being...yanno...whistle.gif

As a Scotsman, I often wonder where all the hot Scottish girls have gone, and now I know - they're travelling with Timelords.

No, Matt is apparently dating some woman from another TV show in the UK (sorry, don't know which one you can wikipedia him though and it's there I think).

12 Tidbits from Amys Choice

1 It?s a very clever (cleverer than you might think at first) and unusual script, slightly let down by some pedestrian direction that doesn?t always achieve quite the right tone for what could be a much darker, creepier tale?

2 The Doctor wears the kind of jumper you hope your nan won?t buy you for Christmas

3 There are no plot holes

4 There?s an interesting use of a hover mower

5 You?re probably tired of hearing this every week, but it?s Matt Smith?s best performance yet. He really seems to thrive in quirky episodes

6 You get a good chance to study the new TARDIS set

7 There?s a great ?we?ve second guessed you? moment with the Doctor waving his hand

8 There may be complaints that it encourages spitting

9 Amy?s second false alarm amusingly sends up the Doctor?s arrogance

10 Once again it?s packed with quotable one-liners, especially the sentence that begins, ?If we?re going to die, let?s die looking like?? (which could also spark a whole new trend in cosplaying)

11 The Doctor opens a black box that has some information written on it which will have fans hitting the freeze frame

12 Toby Jones has about a zillion costume changes (and he?s great)

Source: SFX

number 11 :o

Just caught up with the last 3 episodes on the iPlayer and this series is certainly looking good.

I was shocked when Amy made advancements on the Doctor, but happy when he told her no, otherwise it would of just been a massive WTF.

Roll on tomorrow. (Y)

Yeah - i'm worried about this too. Last week I wrote a long rant about how a lot of people on forums like Digital Spy and Aint It Cool are clamouring for the return of RTD and Donna as the assistant. I had to wipe it because I didn't want to offend anyone who liked those episodes but for me they represent all that is bad and hokey about British SciFi. I have to admit that I couldn't last more than 10 minutes into the last 2 seasons of Who without having to turn over - still can't watch them now when they are on Dave, but I've been present for every single episode of the Matt's Doctor and i've already pre-ordered the Bluray. All involved have done a great job and it never fails to raise a smile - hopefully the ratings will stay strong and become more popular than ever.

PS - Felt sorry for David Tennant, always saw a similarity between him and Pierce Brosnan as Bond - should be the definitive performance, but saddled with duff scripts :(

So, well then, obvious question... but what do people think about the reflection the doctor saw in the console as the end? Still in a dream? Entire series has been a dream? Or just a reminder there's evil in him?? o.O Personally I think it's the latter :p

Also... I think this episode really needs to be watched twice... when you find out who the dreamlord is and then watch it again it all makes far more sense and you notice a lot of little cools things :laugh:

I totally missed the black box as well, the hint this week was freeze frame the black box there's like a little easter egg ?.?

I totally missed the black box as well, the hint this week was freeze frame the black box there's like a little easter egg ¬.¬

It was the one full of kitchen supplies underneath the console... no idea what the easter egg was though :blink:

EDIT: Found! :p

243123673.jpg