[Official] Doctor Who Thread

While I think, and hope that is all crap and made up.

If any of it was to be true, I wouldn't mind Robert Carlyle to take the role, I quite like him in other things.

Did anyone actually look at the sites behind these reports? They look like they're reporting some more tabloid bs rumors.

http://scifipulse.net/ - doesn't look anything official at all, or like the real Sci-Fi website that actually releases relevant information.

-----

Now I cannot believe anyone has posted anything in here about the Doctor Who video game!

Doctor Who for PS2, PC & DS!

The best place to find this stuff out would probably be The Doctor Who Forum (doctorwhoforum.com) If you are lucky you might see Steven Moffat pop up.

Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies has blasted critics of Catherine Tate's performance as companion Donna Noble in the 2006 Christmas special.

He commented to SFX magazine on the negative reactions to Tate's role in 'The Runaway Bride': "It was vitriolic. What are you going to do, cast someone according to what message boards are going to say? I think the great danger is that the writing of a drama becomes a public debate."

"The doubts about her, as far as I can see, are fundamentally stupid," continued Davies. "They say she's going to shout her way through the whole thing. They say she shouted her way through 'The Runaway Bride'. No, she didn't. Literally, factually, no matter of opinion, no, she did not."

However, Davies added that he is unaware as to whether the criticism was noticed by Tate: "I couldn't even tell you if she was aware of it, to be honest... imagine what she has to put up with doing that comedy show and being red-haired as well! She's a million times stronger."

Also, there are reports about the Christmas special, which is due to start shooting next month.

'Doctor Who' villains The Cybermen are returning to the sci-fi show for a Christmas special, it has been revealed.

Russell T. Davies, the programme's writer, is planning on bringing back the famous baddies - who have not been seen in the BBC show since the end of 2006 - for a festive battle with The Doctor, played by David Tennant.

A show insider said: "The Cybermen will be unleashed on Christmas Day. It's going to be a really scary, special episode. Who know what they will have in store for The Doctor this time."

Filming on the hour-long episode will start later this summer.

Meanwhile, newlywed Billie Piper is also set to make a return to the show.

The 25-year-old actress - who quit the show in June 2006 - will reprise her role as Rose Tyler to help The Doctor fight his archenemies the Daleks when the new series of 'Doctor Who' starts on BBC One next month.

Cybermen for Christmas!

Donna Noble is determined to find the Doctor again ? even if it means braving the villainous Miss Foster and her hordes of sinister Adipose, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama returns for a fourth series. But when the alien threat escalates out of control, can Donna find her Time Lord before the march of the Adipose begins?

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his new companion, the runaway bride Donna Noble. Sarah Lancashire guest stars as Miss Foster.

(BBC)

Can you not view it on the youtube I posted?

Sorry, i meant that it says "Coming soon" at the end of the video

No longer available :(

Yeh 5th

5th April?! Awesome.

Weird they are working here, think they are UK locked and if you are accessing from France they would be locked out to you.

Weird they are working here, think they are UK locked and if you are accessing from France they would be locked out to you.

Oh yeah it is. I'll try and find them somewhere else, thanks.

To Early?

The BBC's decision to broadcast the first episode of Doctor Who's new series in an earlier timeslot than usual has sparked a wave of complaints from fans.

The science fiction show's fourth season will commence at 6.20pm on Saturday, April 5 as opposed to the usual 7pm screening. The audition-based reality show I'd Do Anything has instead been preferred for the later primetime slot, when more families are likely to be watching.

Doctor Who fans have widely condemned the move on the Digital Spy forums, as viewing figures have fallen whenever the show has been broadcast before 7pm over the past three seasons.

Forum member 'prking' from Weston-Super-Mare said: "6.20pm is too early. When its been on at an earlier time in the past few years the ratings have dropped. I'll have to record it as we don't get home home on a Saturday until 6.45-ish". 'Djonshore' from Wales added: "I guess before long it'll be at the 5.30pm timeslot like the old days."

However, 'torchwood08' said: "Great news but isn't 6.20 really early?? Anyway who cares - He's Back."

Last year, the programme's executive producer Russell T Davies told Doctor Who Magazine: "I don't like it being on before seven o'clock. It just feels "lesser" at that time of day."

Wonder how long before we get that episode here in the States....I'm guessing it will be on SciFi first before BBC America.

The move is utter bonkers. The flagship tv series of the BBC has BEEN MOVED.

I bet RTD isn't best pleased that some utter rubbish has taken Who's time slot. No wonder why he's leaving.

Who ever has made this decision is brave, we all know that if you want viewers, you either show sport or your tv shows later in the evenings. If I were RTD I would scream out from the top of the BBC saying blue murder.

By moving the time to an earlier slot, not only do they feel it's not good enough they seem to be making it more childish in a way. We all know Who is watched from people aged 0 to people on the death bed.

Thanks for all the info Rappy. So yes, back next Saturday, time doesn't bother me as long as its on!

It's going to be on at 6.20 from now on? That's no good cause I'm usually doing the tea then. Looks like I'll have to record it and watch it later. :wacko:

Thanks for all the info Rappy. So yes, back next Saturday, time doesn't bother me as long as its on!

Yeah plus you can catch it on iplayer.