[Official] Doctor Who Thread

We have some spoilers for The Sarah Jane Adventures courtesy of The List which reveals what is really going on in Death of the Doctor.

Sarah Jane and Jo Grant pair up to rescue The Doctor after they are tricked into believing he has been killed, and invited to his funeral. But the pair quickly realise the ceremony is a trap, and learn that a group of aliens called The Shansheeth have captured the Tardis, leaving the Time Lord stranded on a planet. These vulture-like aliens then attempt to use a ?memory weave? to connect with the pair?s brains and past thoughts, and learn how to unlock the time-travelling machine through their past experiences with The Doctor. As they reminisce, viewers of the show will watch video flashbacks of previous Time Lords William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, whilst their iconic nemeses The Daleks, Sea Devils, Sontarans and Davros also make a return.

Death of the Doctor airs Monday 25th October at 5.15pm on the CBBC channel.

Read more: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/death-of-the-doctor-spoilers-10099.htm#ixzz11g2i6VZg

That sounds really interesting. I'm not much of a Sarah Jane fan but I may have to watch this one.

post-15395-12867381222145.png

The sixth series of Doctor Who will open with a two-parter set in the US, the BBC has announced.

Scenes will be filmed in the Utah desert for a story set in the late '60s in which the Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves on a secret summons to the Oval Office.

The episodes have been written by new series boss Steven Moffat and co-produced with BBC America.

Production starts in Cardiff this month with Matt Smith and Karen Gillen.

Alex Kingston will reprises her role as River Song.

Moffat said: "The Doctor has visited every weird and wonderful planet you can imagine, so he was bound get round to America eventually.

"And of course every Doctor Who fan will be jumping up and down and saying he's been in America before. But not for real, not on location - and not with a story like this one."

It has been announced previously that series six has been split into two blocks, with the first airing on BBC One in spring 2011 and the second block showing in autumn 2011.

^ Me too. :woot:

Oh, you think your hot stuff because your a mod do you. Well, I was a newsie for like 4 or 5 years here before you were in diapers! Sonny!

SHE'S MINE, MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh, you think your hot stuff because your a mod do you. Well, I was a newsie for like 4 or 5 years here before you were in diapers! Sonny!

SHE'S MINE, MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Can I at least watch? :p

*Jumping with happiness*

Click for Joy

If you don't want to read it, it states that in "Death of the Doctor" it is revealed he can regenerate unlimited more times/ or 507... So Doctor who should hopefully not be off our screens for years on end for time to come :D

*Jumping with happiness*

Click for Joy

If you don't want to read it, it states that in "Death of the Doctor" it is revealed he can regenerate unlimited more times/ or 507... So Doctor who should hopefully not be off our screens for years on end for time to come :D

:D

*Jumping with happiness*

Click for Joy

I knew they would say that sooner or later.

*Jumping with happiness*

Click for Joy

I wish this sort of thing wasn't in as such a throw away comment, at least that is how it seems to be put, this is something that is buried in the mythology of Doctor Who and it annoys me slightly that it seems like they have just given no reasoning and have decided to change something to save the hassle of having to explain anything that has been apart of the series for so long.

*Jumping with happiness*

Click for Joy

Nice! :D

I wish this sort of thing wasn't in as such a throw away comment, at least that is how it seems to be put, this is something that is buried in the mythology of Doctor Who and it annoys me slightly that it seems like they have just given no reasoning and have decided to change something to save the hassle of having to explain anything that has been apart of the series for so long.

That's Russell T Davis for you! :(

105833123.jpg

The US convention ValleyCon 36 have reported that the actor Mark Sheppard has had to pull out of their event this weekend due to new work commitments on Doctor Who. Their press release states:

We had just booked Mark’s airline tickets a week ago when less than 12 hours later he got the dream job of any kid who grew up in England-and many kids here too. He landed a huge role in the new Dr. Who but they needed him there the next day. There was no way we were going to stand in the way of that and so Mark took the job but with his deepest apologies. We will try to work out an appearance with him in the future and wish him great luck with Dr. Who!

As the release states his start last week, this suggests that he will feature in the series opening two-parter, which began shooting this week under the helm of director Toby Haynes.

Sheppard has appeared in a number of high profile science-fiction shows of late, including Supernatural as Crowley, Battlestar Galactica as Romo Lampkin, and Warehouse 13 as Benedict Valda.

Matt Smith has revealed that he would be thrilled if the BBC decided to make a Doctor Who movie.

The actor, who joined the show at the beginning of the year, admitted that he would love to star in a film adaptation of the BBC One show.

He told the Daily Star Sunday: "I'd definitely be up for staying on if they did a film -

hell yeah. I would be thrilled if there could be a movie version - I want them to do it.

"There is something brilliantly televisual about Doctor Who but I think it could definitely work as a film."

Speaking of alternative actors to star in the film, he added: "Johnny Depp would be a fine actor to do it. There's no doubt he'd be a good Doctor. But I don't want to talk myself out of a job. I would want to be first choice!"

However, a source at the BBC said budget restraints meant a film in the near future was unlikely.

If they end up making it as rumours have been going around starting Johnny Depp = No thanks

If it stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan = SURE! I would pay to see that in a cinema! 3D would be legendary for Doctor Who... Too bad the BBC has no money for it, spent instead of the stupid stuff.

Mark Sheppard is awesome, I can't wait to see him in the series.

A Doctor Who movie with Matt Smith would be amazing. It would basically just be an extended episode, like one of the multi-episode specials or what have you. But that's just fine with me :D