[Official] Doctor Who Thread

WHY MUST YOU POOP ON OUR DREAMS!

If it is going to happen, we wont be hearing about it for a year at least, lol.

it all hinges on Sally Sparrow really...if Carey agrees to return its game on!

So. Farewell then #Doctor_Who -- full story on the chaos at the BBC (and in the Tardis) in the new issue of Private Eye.
(@PrivateEyeNews onTwitter)

I hope the headline is just for attention grabbing and not something too serious!

(@PrivateEyeNews onTwitter)

I hope the headline is just for attention grabbing and not something too serious!

Private Eye = **** Stirrer

Good, retire the series Moffat has ruined it.

lawl

Series 6 is barely off our screens (and not even finished), but we already have a little piece of news for Series 7.

Writer John Fay is going to be penning an episode from the series, according to his online CV.

Fay is new to Doctor Who, but he wrote two Torchwood: Children of Earth episodes (Day 2 and 4) and also episode 9 (The Gathering) of the forthcoming Miracle Day.

Filming on Christmas special is thought to begin next month, with Series 7 to follow not too long afterwards.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/fay-for-series-7-21521.htm#ixzz1ObWRpxIN'>http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/fay-for-series-7-21521.htm#ixzz1ObWRpxIN

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/fay-for-series-7-21521.htm

Also, wtf? Moffat got death threats after AGMGTW:

Doctor Who' showrunner Steven Moffat revealed on his twitter page he received a ''death threat'' after the midseason finale of the BBC sci-fi show aired on Saturday night (04.06.11).

'Doctor Who' showrunner Steven Moffat received a "death threat" after the midseason finale on Saturday night (04.06.11).

The writer-and-producer finally resolved a long-standing plotline in the episode when he revealed the character River Song (Alex Kingston) was the adult daughter of married couple Rory Williams and Amy Pond - played by Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan respectively.

However, not every fan of the BBC sci-fi series was impressed with the reveal and several took to twitter to call for Moffat's demise.

He tweeted: "Only one death threat, two demands for my immediate resignation, and two for my suicide. IT'S A HIT!! (sic)"

Moffat was unapologetic to fans who complained they had guessed the true identity of River - who has been a recurring character in 'Doctor Who' since 2008 - before the episode, entitled 'A Good Man Goes to War', aired.

The 49-year-old writer insisted he always wanted viewers to be able to guess the plot twist.

In another post on his twitter page, he wrote: "I'm sure a fair number DID guess. A twist should ALWAYS be guessable - in this case by 8 year olds (who were mostly way ahead!) (sic)"

When the series returns in the autumn, fans will see The Doctor - played by Matt Smith - battle Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

The next adventure - entitled 'Let's Kill Hitler' - will see the titular Time Lord crash-land in The Fuhrer's office and have to fight the former German leader, who was responsible for World War II.

(The List)

460979953.jpg

Information on the fifth and final Series of The Sarah Jane Adventures has been revealed in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (out now).

It is expected to air this October, with the date to be confirmed

The regular cast includes the late Elisabeth Sladen, Daniel Anthony (Clyde) and Anjli Mohindra (Rani)

Tommy Knight will be back as Luke for the final story

There are 3 stories comprising 6 episodes

Episode 1 & 2: Sky (Part 1 & 2) by Phil Ford

Episode 3 & 4: The Curse of Clyde Langer (Part 1 & 2) by Phil Ford

Episode 5 & 6: The Man Who Wasn?t There (Part 1 & 2) by Gareth Roberts

Guest stars ? Peter Bowles, Christine Stephen Daly and James Dreyfus.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/sarah-jane-series-5-update-21487.htm#ixzz1ObWk3qF4

"Programme chiefs in London were horrified to learn recently that BBC Wales is proposing not to make a full series of Doctor Who in 2012, but instead to put the programme on hiatus and merely bash out four ?specials? as it did in 2009."

From Twitter.

"Programme chiefs in London were horrified to learn recently that BBC Wales is proposing not to make a full series of Doctor Who in 2012, but instead to put the programme on hiatus and merely bash out four ?specials? as it did in 2009."

From Twitter.

I wouldn't be against specials or do it like Torchwood a weeks worth of episodes

I haven't liked this season much at all. It's getting too dark and convoluted, plus I've never cared for season long story arcs.

Get rid of the X-Files and horror stuff and go back to having fun adventures.

I haven't liked this season much at all. It's getting too dark and convoluted, plus I've never cared for season long story arcs.

Get rid of the X-Files and horror stuff and go back to having fun adventures.

I agree. Things are getting too complicated. Just make them fun again.

Apparently kids have been guessing the outcomes correctly better than adults. How complicated can it be? ;)

yep lets bring back RTD!

</sarcasm>

yep lets bring back RTD!

</sarcasm>

I wish.

Having dark gritty episodes is fun for the one off like blink and the like but having a full season run gets a little tedious.