[Official] Doctor Who Thread

ForD4FQ.jpg

tQOVJcu.jpg

In Peter Capaldi’s second season at the helm of the TARDIS, the series sees the Doctor and Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) going on a journey that takes them to deadly alien planets, creepy underwater bases, Viking villages, a global Zygon uprising, and through hidden alien dens, to the very end of time itself.

Meeting monsters old and new, the Doctor will come face to face with Missy (Michelle Gomez), a city of Daleks, deadly mercenaries called the Mire, terrifying ghosts and more.

The Doctor's Meditation is being shown in North America with 3D cinema screenings of Dark Water and Death in Heaven in the run-up to Doctor Who Series 9.

*sigh* More bloody daleks...

Sorry, but they're being used WAY too much... We want more variety, please.  Hell, at this point I'd even welcome the return of the Black Guardian!

*sigh* More bloody daleks...

Sorry, but they're being used WAY too much... We want more variety, please.  Hell, at this point I'd even welcome the return of the Black Guardian!

Isn't there a trend, that moffat started? eg daleks are used in the begging or the end? (Can't recall what it is, so don't quote me on that)

Tom Baker and David Tennant are still my favourite Doctors (and yes, my fellow Americans, that's the proper spelling!), but I like a lot of Matt Smith's Doctor Who work (The Dalek Asylum, Day of The Doctor, The Eleventh Hour, the list goes on).

Capaldi's work as The Doctor is more of an old-school feel, but he's a noted Doctor Who fan himself so it makes sense. I'm enjoying his work thus far but he's a different kind of Doctor and the tension between Clara and himself is really a tribute to both of them being magnificent Actors as well as the writing having been so top-shelf. Really enjoying it. :yes:

• Like 2

Isn't there a trend, that moffat started? eg daleks are used in the begging or the end? (Can't recall what it is, so don't quote me on that)

Well, it's a trend that needs to stop! The classic show never felt a need to ram down down our throats constantly, and sometimes didn't feature them for several seasons in a row.

Besides, the Daleks are never any good unless Davros is pulling their strings. HE is the devious one.

Promo Picture for Christmas Special

MvcnEJU.jpg

"Hello sweetie."

• Like 3

It's going to be interesting to see them interact now that the Doctor is "older" than his past couple of incarnations. I doubt they will act any differently towards one another, save a few jokes here and there.

Also, god she's so gorgeous. Ever since she was on ER I've loved her so much in whatever she's involved with. So glad she's coming back finally for the Christmas special (and more after that I would imagine at some point).

Tom Baker and David Tennant are still my favourite Doctors (and yes, my fellow Americans, that's the proper spelling!), but I like a lot of Matt Smith's Doctor Who work (The Dalek Asylum, Day of The Doctor, The Eleventh Hour, the list goes on).

Capaldi's work as The Doctor is more of an old-school feel, but he's a noted Doctor Who fan himself so it makes sense. I'm enjoying his work thus far but he's a different kind of Doctor and the tension between Clara and himself is really a tribute to both of them being magnificent Actors as well as the writing having been so top-shelf. Really enjoying it. :yes:

a.daa-small-David-the-Doctor-Tennant.jpg

151908068c43b5fd17b8571ba8df7e57.jpg

• Like 3

Ahh, River Song. Fantastic character, and the actress herself plays that part so well.

"Hello, Sweetie".... yeah. Anytime she shows up it's something special.

People are complaining about Dalek overuse yet River Song is being dusted off again, there are about a dozen Dalek episodes in the new series yet Alex Kingston has 16 credited episodes since season 4. Who's being overplayed? Not to mention the episodes with her tend to become convoluted.

People are complaining about Dalek overuse yet River Song is being dusted off again, there are about a dozen Dalek episodes in the new series yet Alex Kingston has 16 credited episodes since season 4. Who's being overplayed? Not to mention the episodes with her tend to become convoluted.

Come on! You are comparing a villain to a companion who is "married" to the Doctor? Why aren't you picking on Clara Oswald? She has been in more episodes... Most companions tend to rack up a lot of episode appearances and in River Song's case, she is also a time traveler so she meets the Doctor in different points of this life. We should be expecting to see her again... Are you even familiar with the show?

• Like 3

Why aren't you picking on Clara Oswald? She has been in more episodes...

Given the actress name appears in the opening credits you would expect her to appear on screen or it's really just burning money. River Song is a guest appearance it doesn't really matter if someone is a "good guy" or "bad guy" they can still be over used.

Ever since she was on ER I've loved her so much in whatever she's involved with...

Sit down and let me tell you a story about a girl named 'Moll Flanders"...

• 2 weeks later...

The full episode titles are as follows with the writers' names in brackets.

1. The Magician's Apprentice (Steven Moffat)
2. The Witch's Familiar (Steven Moffat)
3. Under the Lake (Toby Whithouse)
4. Before The Flood (Toby Whithouse)
5. The Girl Who Died (Jamie Mathieson and Steven Moffat)
6. The Woman Who Lived (Catherine Tregenna)
7. The Zygon Invasion (Peter Harness)
8. The Zygon Inversion (Peter Harness)
9. Sleep No More ( Mark Gatiss)
10. Face The Raven (Sarah Dollard)
11. Heaven Sent (Steven Moffat)
12. Hell Bent (Steven Moffat)

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a668434/all-the-episode-titles-for-doctor-who-series-9-have-been-revealed.html#ixzz3lmTt7BuC 

I don't see how people can watch Doctor Who. I have an awesome imagination, I just can't get into this show. It seems to be majorly lacking in a GOOD storyline, least thats how it feels to me.

The full episode titles are as follows with the writers' names in brackets.

1. The Magician's Apprentice (Steven Moffat)
2. The Witch's Familiar (Steven Moffat)
3. Under the Lake (Toby Whithouse)
4. Before The Flood (Toby Whithouse)
5. The Girl Who Died (Jamie Mathieson and Steven Moffat)
6. The Woman Who Lived (Catherine Tregenna)
7. The Zygon Invasion (Peter Harness)
8. The Zygon Inversion (Peter Harness)
9. Sleep No More ( Mark Gatiss)
10. Face The Raven (Sarah Dollard)
11. Heaven Sent (Steven Moffat)
12. Hell Bent (Steven Moffat)

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a668434/all-the-episode-titles-for-doctor-who-series-9-have-been-revealed.html#ixzz3lmTt7BuC 

Some great titles there. Let's hope the stories themselves are great too.

Sit down and let me tell you a story about a girl named 'Moll Flanders"...

Not sure why I only this morning got a notification for the thread, but hey it happens I guess?

Anyways, I've seen that TV movie and while it's not great it's certainly not bad by any means. It's a million times better than anything on Lifetime or something like that (SyFy also).

• Like 2

Jenna Coleman 'leaving' Doctor Who

It is thought the actress will make her last appearance as Clara Oswald before the Christmas special, which sees the return of Alex Kingston as River Song.

Coleman joined Doctor Who in 2012, and has starred alongside two Doctors, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.

The Mirror reports that her next role will be as Queen Victoria in a major ITV drama series.

The 29-year-old, who began her career in the soap opera Emmerdale, is expected to play the Queen from the age of 18 and in the early years of her reign.

However, ITV said it was not making "any announcements about casting presently".

The BBC has also declined to confirm Coleman's departure from Doctor Who.

I really should watch the last couple of episodes of last season, I couldn't stand the 2 part finale because I couldn't stand the Danny Pink character, but then somebody told me how it ended so (Y)

Also the Christmas Special, need to find that somewhere.

I don't see how people can watch Doctor Who. I have an awesome imagination, I just can't get into this show. It seems to be majorly lacking in a GOOD storyline, least thats how it feels to me.

What constitutes a good storyline to you then? I also don't see how that has anything to do with using one's imagination. You have to use your imagination for most science fiction/fantasy stories: Heroes, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lost, Fringe, X-Files, etc.

The first season back for Doctor Who was very difficult for me to get into. In fact, it took me several years to complete that season. By the time I completed it, the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) had taken over. I had no prior Doctor experience to Christopher Eccleston and I didn't much care for the show. But the show kept eating at me. Whenever I had down time and nothing else to watch, I'd turn on an episode. Eventually I was hooked, and that's most definitely due to David Tennant's 10th Doctor.

The show has some amazing and incredibly rich storylines, maybe you're just not giving it the chance it deserves like I didn't at first. (With that being said, the new Doctor is complete rubbish. Simply cannot stand him and I've stopped watching after the abysmal last season.)

• Like 1

Thought it was a pretty good start to the season. I'm not sure "Missy" needed to be part of it, being the focal point for S8 and in the final 2 episodes it's a bit overkill and the character was far to OTT. Still don't like that the different Daleks can work together and that the Davros they chose to use was pre season 25 of original Who.