[Official] Doctor Who Thread

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeek...-ewan-macg.html

Matt Smith as a huge mountain to climb, the makers of Doctor Who should not have made sign a five year contract before he's even done one episode. I personally think he'll be one of the worst yet, the details we've had on what his persona will be like made him sound like he'll be like the 6th Doctor, oh joy.

Haven't the producers said multiple times they would never have a female doctor because it was specificially mentioned in the older series that there couldn't be one?

And Catherine Tate as the 1st female doctor? Ehhhh, no. Honestly I'm shocked more people liked Donna than Martha (K9 was more popular!).

And man, do I remember Tom Baker's Doctor. That darn scarf! I'll always remember his regeneration into Peter Davison (which is David Tennant's first memory of DW also yay).

Honestly I'm shocked more people liked Donna than Martha (K9 was more popular!).

I liked Donna better than Rose and Martha. Donna could be annoying at times but she brought out the best in the Doctor. She wasn't in love with him and she wasn't in awe of him. She knew exactly when he was going too far and she reined him in. Donna and Wilf seem to be able to bring him out of that shell he has surrounded himself with since coming through the Time War. He would actually talk with them.

I agree as well. But from what I remember people posting on here, it was just kinda odd the British public at large liked Donna more than Martha - considering many people on Neowin hated Donna when she took over lol

I agree as well. But from what I remember people posting on here, it was just kinda odd the British public at large liked Donna more than Martha - considering many people on Neowin hated Donna when she took over lol

I was always a Donna fan :p

Haven't the producers said multiple times they would never have a female doctor because it was specificially mentioned in the older series that there couldn't be one?

And Catherine Tate as the 1st female doctor? Ehhhh, no. Honestly I'm shocked more people liked Donna than Martha (K9 was more popular!).

And man, do I remember Tom Baker's Doctor. That darn scarf! I'll always remember his regeneration into Peter Davison (which is David Tennant's first memory of DW also yay).

Catherine Tate was part Time Lord, kind of breaks the rules really.

I was sceptical of Donna,and in the Runaway Bride I hated her, she was playing a character from a comedy. But she grew on me, she was obviously well written and moreover Tate actually is a good actress.

You were not. :D

when they announced her I hated the choice because when I thought tate I thought this chavvy school kid saying "am I bovvered" but when she appeared on the screen she was quite cool

Yeah, she is a good actress. I hate her current version of Donna. That voice grates on my nerves. It's almost hard to believe she was so likable when she was the Doctor's companion.

I didn't like her in the last special, it wasn't the bubbly Donna I remember from the first episode after she was made companion

Catherine Tate was part Time Lord, kind of breaks the rules really.

No, there can be female Time Lords, but not a female Doctor. I don't remember the exact reasoning that was given many years ago but it was more than likely just as simple as he was born a man and can only regenerat into other men lol not a woman.

Didn't RTD once say he was not against the idea of a female Doctor? So much so that there was a rumour of Jennifer Saunders or Billie Piper being cast.

This. Every episodes that involved the Daleks, thus far, were quite epic, that had me on the edge of the seat. I'd definitely want to see more of the Daleks.

Personally, I think the show would do well to avoid Daleks for a while. They're being used way too much and their last 2 story arcs were absolutely terrible. Same goes for the Cybermen.

Having seen the trailer for the next series, the Daleks are definitely back, so I hope they at least put away the Cybermen. I'm sure Moffat can come up with some really great villains.

tell me this how do darliks build things no arms just a plunger sticking out of there head

Have you not see what daleks really look like?

DalekMutant1.jpg

Obviously much better equipped to build things 8-)

Just noticed in the new trailer...

He's firing a gun!?

Yeah further really justifies that its out with the normal and in with the eccentric :D