[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Lots of people think it was Romana.

Eh I dunno. Seems kind of out there and totally random that RTD would bring in a companion from so long ago without any name drop or mention really. Not to mention, the woman was on the Time Lord voting block of doom, Romana wasn't since she traveled with the Doctor and all. But then again, who knows?

OH well, we may never know. Unless Moffat is planning something involving the Time Lords in the future. Rumor has it he worked with RTD on the End Of Time.

OH well, we may never know. Unless Moffat is planning something involving the Time Lords in the future. Rumor has it he worked with RTD on the End Of Time.

He probably did so he could get a good welcome to Matt Smith

Well he had to have had some input since the whole ending segment directly leads into the next series after all :D

You know the whole crashing thingie.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Time Lords explored much more in the next series. The story and mythology is too rich and overwhelmingly cool for someone like Moffat with his track record to pass up on.

However do not forget - this is still Doctor Who; pretty much the ultimate cheesy sci fi show which prides itself on having silly moments and being funny at times while above all ENTERTAINING. The BBC know the formula that has worked, and they know damn well a dark/moody/adult/psychological Doctor which seems to be what the fans are screaming for. A generation of kids have grown up in the last 5 years with the style of Doctor Who we've had with Tennant and that aint going to change dramatically.

Saying that, a darker/psychological Doctor would be frakking awesome.

They could go that route, but then they also have Torchwood coming back which is the "adult" version of Doctor Who. At least, that's what the BBC considers it right? And SJA is considered the "kid" version of Doctor Who I guess.

They can't go to dark with the Doctor, but they can certainly hint at darker tones and what not. A perfect example from the new series would be the Christmas Invasion, where the 10th Doctor kills that alien at the end. I'd much rather Moffat explore the end of the Time War and show exactly what the Doctor had to do to stop the Time Lords/Daleks and why he's so guilt ridden over it, other than the general "I had to stop them" stuff. Plus, it'd be nice to get Timothy Dalton back again :D

Alternatively, it would be really cool to see the Doctor make an appearance in Torchwood. I would really like to know how he would have dealt with the 456 or at least a confrontation with Captain Jack's handling of the affair immediately after. Then he could really touch on much darker themes!

Alternatively, it would be really cool to see the Doctor make an appearance in Torchwood. I would really like to know how he would have dealt with the 456 or at least a confrontation with Captain Jack's handling of the affair immediately after. Then he could really touch on much darker themes!

I would like that but I liked the fact in Torchwood they looked to the Doctor but he never came

Saying that, a darker/psychological Doctor would be frakking awesome.

Yes, it would be awesome. It wouldn't even have to be an entire season. Just let the Doctor get a unknown disease and it turns him all dark and moody for a few shows. Then they can find a cure.

I posted earlier, but the BBC website in their article on the Doctor Who Finale mentioned that the Doctor looked at his Mother, who would be the one who was covering her face and then lowered her hands.

I posted earlier, but the BBC website in their article on the Doctor Who Finale mentioned that the Doctor looked at his Mother, who would be the one who was covering her face and then lowered her hands.

Yeah I suspected it might be the mother. Hopefully that will be answered.

oh right didn't see that

:D

it looks like the van gogh episode :D

I was going to say that! No Torchwood?

Didn't I read somewhere where Moffat and Company where planning changes to the console or console room? Any news on that?

yeah the Tardis has been redesigned inside

1244198599t.png1136369047t.png1305793229t.png1078067372t.png1171371604t.png1331723521t.png

Rumor has it the Cybermen will return at the end of season five ? probably the real Cybermen, not the alternate-universe Cybus Industries versions. Also, this particular rumor-monger says the Sea Devils are coming back (not their cousins, the Silurians, as others have suggested. Or maybe it's both?) Also, there are a group of scary monks, but they're probably not related to Russell T. Davies' werewolf monks from season two. As always, grain of salt, etc. [Eye Of Polyphemus]

Ge66B.jpg

And here's the first Doctor Who Magazine cover featuring Matt Smith as the Doctor! [BlogtorWho]