any news on updating Apple Cinema Displays?

The independant UI, from what I've seen, is only used to zoom on a part of the screen. I haven't seen any option to make everything bigger other than that.

Because there aren't any screens out yet that really need the feature. Currently you can access it through Terminal and I believe also a small application that comes with the Developer tools. I posted a screen shot of it a while back in the Mac OS X Leopard thread.

Because there aren't any screens out yet that really need the feature. Currently you can access it through Terminal and I believe also a small application that comes with the Developer tools. I posted a screen shot of it a while back in the Mac OS X Leopard thread.

Could you post that screenshot again? I still don't quite understand the feature unless I actually see it being used.

Could you post that screenshot again? I still don't quite understand the feature unless I actually see it being used.

Can't find them anymore, sorry. :( Basically it shows System Preferences (and I believe another app as well) at twice the normal size: So things like the min/max/close buttons, checkboxes etc. look huge, without being all pixelish.

Apple added this ability to compensate for future extremely high resolution displays, as a normal interface build for 72 dpi (like the one we use today in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger) would be rendered useless on such a screen.

Of course it was of an very early build and most elements were wrongly aligned or not yet updated.

That screenshot doesn't show that there's an option to do it, it only shows that resolution independance makes things bigger without disproportioning them (okay the last part is hard to tell with this screen, but you see my point). I believe there will be though, like .Neo said, if there will, yeah it's good to bump up the resolution of the displays a lot, and really, a lot.

That screenshot doesn't show that there's an option to do it, it only shows that resolution independance makes things bigger without disproportioning them (okay the last part is hard to tell with this screen, but you see my point).

I explained to you that currently there isn't an option, probably because there's no need for it at the moment. You'll have to enable it through Terminal or a Developer tool.

On the option of integrated iSight...

I don't want THREE monitors with iSight. I would hope it'd be optional. Perhaps One with iSight then the outer flanking screens without :)

Some of us use multi-monitor configurations you know ;)

Speaking of resolution independence.... How is it looking in the current builds? Better than that screenshot?

Although most elements have been updated, it's still not quite there yet. Something that applies to Leopard as a whole if you ask me.

On the option of integrated iSight...

I don't want THREE monitors with iSight. I would hope it'd be optional. Perhaps One with iSight then the outer flanking screens without :)

Some of us use multi-monitor configurations you know ;)

Three-way iChatting AV taken to the next level. :p

Yes we do. The reason for that is because presentations could be controlled through the Apple Remote. Being an laptop, it would only make sense to include one.

Well the MacBook Pro also has an iSight and microphone, which are also lacking in the Mac Pro.

I haven't heard any rumours myself, however, even if I had, I'd go for a Dell flat (wide) panel instead and save some pennies for other stuff at the same time.. :)