can someone tell me where the cmos jumpers are?

Bad link.

You don't have your manual handy or anything?

edit: Well from your link you have a p5gd1-vm, right? I'll look on Asus' site

edit2: wow Asus' site sucks...people really weren't kidding when they talk about sucky support. I can't even get on it.

edit3: oh wait, there it goes...ugh it's like running dial up, except on a fiber connection.

Okay the picture was a tad small, but then it also reminded me how stupid I am. I went to google images and got it.

Should be this:

Oh, and Asus usually has their manuals in Taiwanese, Chinese, and English or something...so you probably just clicked the wrong link.

I'm still waiting for the stupid product page to load.

Okay the picture was a tad small, but then it also reminded me how stupid I am. I went to google images and got it.

Oh, and Asus usually has their manuals in Taiwanese, Chinese, and English or something...so you probably just clicked the wrong link.

I'm still waiting for the stupid product page to load.

thanks!! k so do you know what to do with the jumpers after i take the cmos battery out? lol sorry i'm really bad at this motherboard stuff

If you take the battery out, it's the same as resetting the BIOS via the jumpers. ( Assuming your motherboard is also unplugged from the PSU )

hmm..

see my actual problem is i get no beep when i turn on the computer and the screen is black and the light on the monitor turns red.. like stand by mode..

so after reading similar problems this was a solution apparently.. that when you clear cmos your computer should work but thats not the case for me : [.

i really need help with this!.. i have also switched rams and still nothing

btw i have no graphics card im using onboard which use to work a week ago perfectly fine..

if anyone needs pictures of the motherboard to inspect jumpers and connectors let me know and ill get some close up pictures.

thanks.

okay its a working a computer

i turn it on one day i hear a series of beeps so i thought it was something overheating so i turned off the computer.

and i turn it on again and i hear no beeps but everything still runs fans, hdd, cpu everything is fine but no beep at start and no display on monitor.

edit: i cant experiment on this since its my friends computer

edit 2: thanks jasur.

Oh..ha...look at that I guessed wrong, doh.

Series of beeps...well that means the processor, motherboard, and power supply are working at least. If switching RAM didn't change anything...

Look up the beeps online, I don't know what BIOS version you have, you can check faster than I can ( Asus site is teh slow ). So just google for the beep codes for that specific BIOS version ( it should be AwardBIOS or Phoenix or something ) and then figure out what was wrong.

edit: jasur how'd you get it so quickly? Is the Australian site faster than the US? The US site doesn't load for me at all..

yeah but the ones on the site that explains the beeps.. asks for how many beeps.. which i dont know cause it was alot and fast and it scared the crap out of me so i turned off the computer.

edit: --

Edited by Ardavan

guys got any suggestions for cheap pci-e graphic cards? im only using this computer for IM, word, internet so they're is no heavy gaming involved.