WinAMP 5.5 Beta

I might be slow, but anyone notice this in vista:

post-78932-1192060171.png

Its like a real live preview of winamp inwhich i rarely see programs that can do stuff like that since all i get is like a stock screenshot of the program with no updates

it's even worse when you use flip3D. then you only see like two graphical elements of the classic window.

That is the only thing this player is lacking, bangbang023. If we can't move the playlist window under the bento skin, at least let us resize it so it can be stretched. I thought the same about the Media Library til I actually used it. You ever try it? It's really cool how you can just search for anything and it comes up instantly. Type in aero, and your Aerosmith mp3's pop right up. You can also search by song or album. Plus, the artwork is usually there. If it's not, you can go to a site like amazon.com's music section and use theirs. I love the Media Library now!! Also, if you download a cool plugin called MiniLyrics, you can see the lyrics to your songs in a karaoke style. http://www.crintsoft.com/mldl.htm Works great with Winamp 5.5!

Actually I agree with bangbang. I only use the playlist and not the media library, and it's kinda stupid to force us having the media library open just so the playlist can be extended down.

The problem with the media library is there's this huge lag between choosing the song (double clicking) and then it starting to play. On my machine, double clicking a song in the playlist = instant, and double clicking a song in the media library = 2-3 sec lag before it starts playing. Unacceptable :/

Actually I agree with bangbang. I only use the playlist and not the media library, and it's kinda stupid to force us having the media library open just so the playlist can be extended down.

The problem with the media library is there's this huge lag between choosing the song (double clicking) and then it starting to play. On my machine, double clicking a song in the playlist = instant, and double clicking a song in the media library = 2-3 sec lag before it starts playing. Unacceptable :/

Well in winamp double clicking a track in the library usually adds the whole list of whatever is being displayed to the playlist. So if you double clicked when you have several thousand tracks showing it's no surprise there's a small delay.

Yeah, what he said. You got to change the options if you want it to load fast on a double click from the library. Go to options, preferences, media library, and then uncheck these two options: Play all items (start with selected) on double click in playlists and play search results (start with selected) on double click in media views. Now try it and see if it loads instantly or at least faster.

Ah yes, you're right. After unchecking the 2 options, it's now instant again. I would've liked it more though, if it just goes to the track in the already existing playlist, instead of creating a new playlist with only the one track. Oh well, can't have everything I guess, so I'm probably still sticking to Playlist + Jump to File (which works... the same as the Media Library I think). Thanks for the tip though.

Does anyone with an account on the Winamp forums able to request automatic organizing of the library? I miss that feature from iTunes, now all my new mp3's are all over the place :(